[ROM] RODRIGOFD O2 LITE ROM 'ULTRA LITE'

Guest rodrigofd

Guest Michal Vogl
do you mean when you flashing you don't check "erase CSC"??

Exactly. And I flash also csc and set my language. It is not of course in winmo, but it works in spb.

Guest monyozt
UPDATE: with the CSC it now detect the operator setting... but connection still not working:(

maybe the Samsung Wireless manager missing may cause it?

hm... i erase my CSC but my connection works fine. i can connect GPRS without any problem....

2) Though is only PDA part, i 'recommend' using it in conjunction with phone part IK3 (comes with IK5 official ROM)

FOR BETTER RESULTS, check 'ERASE CSC DATA' in OCTANS FLASHER. (i believe SORG's version Octans Mini doesn't have the option).

If you don't, some stuff won't apply correctly (e.g. wallpaper, connections)

maybe because your csc?

Edited by monyozt

Guest monyozt
Well, I don't use this ROM, and this ROM cooked from mine, but it's really a hard work.

My donation for you 9K8193011R568824A . Cheer mate.

seems desember ROM has alot of improvement, if u don't mind, please share to us... :D

Guest rodrigofd
Well, I don't use this ROM, and this ROM cooked from mine, but it's really a hard work.

My donation for you 9K8193011R568824A . Cheer mate.

Wow, its an honor to receive praise from you Secany ... very gratefull!

I am a bit busy , will try to fix the various bugs. Understand that Samunsg put all his mess in an inmense folder, with all mixed! its extremely hard to dissect each component... even so i think its pretty fair for first version.

Regarding CSC, i wrote it in original post, i discovered that CSC has operator -dependent files, that get replaced or added during flash.. like wallpapers, themes, connection settings, apps, links, or whatever they want.

So, thats why i suggested selecting 'erase CSC'... in order to get as clean rom as possible... but, if you don't mind the little messy things CSC embed in your ROM, and prefer ir , for e.g. for connection settings (hey .. its not that hard to load the 1 or 2 config params anyway , lol :D ) then reflash you CSC...

im pretty sure that settings bug is regarding to widget plus or some other stuff i removed... dont fear, anyway if you want to set items on today you can do it in standard win settings....

I DID REMOVED OPERA, don't know why someone asked such thing.. you saw some link or folder or app??? actually was pretty messy to remove.. its not a plain simple opera, but a customized one...

HTC version will come with HTC connection setup, among other thingsd...maybe i can pack auto conn setup as a cab in the future :(

Guest angkung

I am a bit busy , will try to fix the various bugs. Understand that Samunsg put all his mess in an inmense folder, with all mixed! its extremely hard to dissect each component... even so i think its pretty fair for first version.

Regarding CSC, i wrote it in original post, i discovered that CSC has operator -dependent files, that get replaced or added during flash.. like wallpapers, themes, connection settings, apps, links, or whatever they want.

So, thats why i suggested selecting 'erase CSC'... in order to get as clean rom as possible... but, if you don't mind the little messy things CSC embed in your ROM, and prefer ir , for e.g. for connection settings (hey .. its not that hard to load the 1 or 2 config params anyway , lol :D ) then reflash you CSC...

im pretty sure that settings bug is regarding to widget plus or some other stuff i removed... dont fear, anyway if you want to set items on today you can do it in standard win settings....

I DID REMOVED OPERA, don't know why someone asked such thing.. you saw some link or folder or app??? actually was pretty messy to remove.. its not a plain simple opera, but a customized one...

HTC version will come with HTC connection setup, among other thingsd...maybe i can pack auto conn setup as a cab in the future :(

May be better for me to stay away from unstable cooked ROM.......Hm I agree it very messy.............

thank you rodrigofd for this great ROM!

the ROM is very fast and smooth.

but i wish to have the automatic sim card setting automatic detection when a new sim is detected.

thank you!

Guest tacchan23

I personally don't mind the CSC (as I posted before there are just a couple of shortcuts here and there), but even with CSC the connection settings aren't automatically configured when the phone detects a SIM card. (or at least for me, dunno if I did something wrong)

So I guess this is related to some other removed Samsung application? maybe the wireless manager?

I've been using in almost entire day now and so far no freezing or laging, no programs auto closing...

activesync works, wifi, 3G, camera.. before I had problems with wifi not reconecting after standby, but this rom has it fixed.

And I was also wondering about those people asking to remove Opera, where have you seen it? Perhaps 'My Storage\Program Files' ? Then it's not on your ROM it's on storage card and just delete the folder and install new copy of Opera.

And please, consider that this is ULTRA LITE ROM thread, so I don't think should ask for programs to be included.. ROMs like this I guess are used later to create all sorts of custom ROMs, so you'll get your choices, but this one if anything should be cleaned even more :(

I would also take out:

Windows Live (weather, money, messanger)

Bing Search Widget

Office Mobile

maybe not office as it contains poutlook wich I GUESS is quite integrated with winmo..

all things considered, this rom is DROP MY JAW good for the first version. ;)

1 note:

-ConnManager 1.3.1 doesn't work with it (worked with official versions), says error: Required data and/or information missing.

i guess something was moved :D

Guest rodrigofd

Thanks to everyone that donated so far.. cant thank you enough for your generosity...

BTW... dont panic that Secany cease to upload newer official roms... if people buy new O2 phones from now, some of them will come with newer ROMs, which in turn we can then dump and use them to cook newer roms... so not all hope is lost :D

EDIT: i never thought this kind of work would be SOOO much time consuming !!.. i have to take it easy ;)

PD: how many of you know my country ARGENTINA or my city BUENOS AIRES? just curious :( i always thought everyone worldwide think of it as a 'some southamerican-y thingy there at the end of the world' hehe

Edited by rodrigofd

PD: how many of you know my country ARGENTINA or my city BUENOS AIRES? just curious :D i always thought everyone worldwide think of it as a 'some southamerican-y thingy there at the end of the world' hehe

there is a song :( . for us American, i think pretty much everyone knows ;)

Guest tacchan23
PD: how many of you know my country ARGENTINA or my city BUENOS AIRES? just curious :( i always thought everyone worldwide think of it as a 'some southamerican-y thingy there at the end of the world' hehe

Every italian people knows about Maradona :D

Guest Khuanchai
Thanks to everyone that donated so far.. cant thank you enough for your generosity...

BTW... dont panic that Secany cease to upload newer official roms... if people buy new O2 phones from now, some of them will come with newer ROMs, which in turn we can then dump and use them to cook newer roms... so not all hope is lost :D

EDIT: i never thought this kind of work would be SOOO much time consuming !!.. i have to take it easy :D

Hi rodrigofd,

That's fantastic job brother. You have made a much better ROM than myself indeed. ;) Still have a lot to learn from you guy. :D

Keep up your great work. It's really lucky for us i8000 users that you chose to use this phone. Just a final step of relocation left, I hope you and wes can finally succeed on complete ROM cooking.

Edited by Khuanchai

Guest B-2 Spirit of Arizona

hi, thanks for cooking such a nice rom for Omnia 2.

may i know after downloading the file you post on the first thread in the forum, how do i flash my omnia 2?

i hope you may provide instructions

thanks

PD: how many of you know my country ARGENTINA or my city BUENOS AIRES? just curious :D i always thought everyone worldwide think of it as a 'some southamerican-y thingy there at the end of the world' hehe

What are you talking about?? ARGE--?

lol dude everyone's heard of Argentina ffs

and Buenos Aires is the capital right? Spannish speaking, tango dancing, football/tennis/basketball player producing, capitalism collapsing Argentina? that one? :(

PLUS a lot of Croatians (where I'm from) migrated to Argentina in the '70s.

On the other hand you probably never heard of Croatia (unless you watch football or tennis, coz we played against Argentina those two in the last 1.5y :D ) OR you know a Croatian family there hehehe ;)

cheers!

EDIT: Oh, and if someone is so undereducated that they haven't heard of Argentina, then (s)he sure heard of Madonna playing Evita Peron and singing "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" heheheh.

Edited by Pajdo

Guest casualt

Hello RODRIGFD.

Great work I was waiting for this...

Please I do beg of you though will this work for omnia b7610?

This is the reason I bought omnia pro, partially because it has a keyboard and is smaller than HD2 and i knew someone would make it sense compatible.

Please let me know if i can put this rom on. If you can't will you make one for the b7610?

I already tried the rom and had no luck.

Thanks so much.

Send link to donate as I will.

Tyler

RODRIGOFD O2 LITE ROM v.091203

-------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ ENTIRE POST CAREFULLY!!!! ( while waiting the download :D )

-------------------------------------------------------

This is my first contribution to custom ROM world.

I designed an Ultra-Lite Omnia 2 I8000 custom ROM for free use.

First of all, acknowledgements and thanks.

---------

Weisun/Acwan @ PDAClan for his tools and tech info about unpacking & packing I8000 ROMs

Secany for his great Offical ROMs contribution which are the base of my work

Bepe, Pako777 for his handy cooking tools

Lancez,Kstan,Wilson @ China, Tacchan23 for his translation and experimenting contribution

Khuanchai for his talent, contribution and effort in cooking ROMs

Ginkage for his great OpenGL v1 wrapper

Sorg for his handy ROM dumping tool

And myself for my time and perseverance :D

A HUGE THANKS to all the friends that already donated me even before receiving anything:

[ Lance Zhang, Charles Edgar, Albert Chng, Roger Meijer, Alan Smith,

Clarel Savournaden, Michal Vogl, Monyozt, Gertitombo, Rick Collins, auras76, Gary Crutcher ]

Very grateful to you for supporting my work!

NOTES ( PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ)

1) I release this beta version ROM release 'as-is', there is NONE garantee that any, or none, of phone functions will work after flashing this ROM.

It is only the PDA part of ROM to be flashed, so no risks of bricking phone should exist. Even so, i won't be responsible for any loss of data or phone damage.

I tested it and worked fine up to where i reached, but i am not sure 100% functions work correctly

1) ;) In theory it MIGHT work in american I8000L, as it have been written that secanys roms work fine with such phones. Sorg reported it too. But again, i don't guarantee it at all.. Try it at your own risk.

2) Though is only PDA part, i 'recommend' using it in conjunction with phone part IK3 (comes with IK5 official ROM)

FOR BETTER RESULTS, check 'ERASE CSC DATA' in OCTANS FLASHER. (i believe SORG's version Octans Mini doesn't have the option).

If you don't, some stuff won't apply correctly (e.g. wallpaper, connections)

2) ROM is based on official WM 6.5 I8000XXIK5 ROM. WM build didn't change for now, so it is the same as original ROM, build 5.2.21872.

3) I ripped almost ALL SAMSUNG SOFTWARE. So i'll just note what i actually left:

Samsung Camera App

Samsung FM Radio App

Samsung Touch Player

Arcsoft Streaming Player (includes video and audio codecs)

The rest is gone :(

I cooked in:

Windows Live latest version (the one from windows marketplace)... including Messenger

Removed CAB setup security check

Microsoft SDK Certs

Ginkage's OPENGL WRAPPER version 0.258 (hope you don't mind!)

NET Compact Framework 3.5

HTC LEO WM 6.5 theme with wallpaper (this can be easily replaced with the one you like)

SRS WOW HD

This is the first release so expect some bugs. All bug reports are welcome, but remind 'report' is not the same as 'complain' ;) .

RodrigoFD LEO-2 Fusion alpha version coming tomorrow ! :D

----> DOWNLOAD NOW RODRIGOFD O2 LITE ROM v.091203 <----

PD ROM is hosted in Modaco servers, and mirrors won't ever work. Do not paste the link outside Modaco (it wont work anyway)...

NOTE: do NOT use LANGUAGE CHANGE feature of the 'Samsung Settings' applet... if you do so, you'll make a mess, probably restore your previous flashed rom, in that language, and my rom will get ripped off.. Language change is not supported in my roms, you are stuck with english language for now..

Primera cosa: ¡Muy Bien Hecho! Excelente trabajo y eres un honor a tu patria. :D

Just have one small problem don´t know if anyones else has had the same. I click the download link and then it downloads a html of news modaco read this page verry interesting but would like to download the firmware. Could anybody help didn´t think I was that bad at this. :(

Guest unholygid2006

been using the rom for a day and i think its pretty close to wat i really want. just a suggestion.. maybe can remove msn live msn weather msn money .. streaming player.. and all the gamesi am using titaium with the extra plugins installed and i still have 78mb ram.. usually with offiical k5 rom .. will have 60mb of ram only. it does make a significant difference with extra 10mb to 20mb of extra ram.thanks a lot for your hard work!