Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest supersingh131

this is what it says everytime i turn the device on

timeout--

timeout--

timeout--

timeout--

timeout--

PDA Device not found.

timeout--

timeout--

timeout--

timeout--

timeout--

PDA Device not found.

timeout--

timeout--

timeout--

timeout--

timeout--

PDA Device not found.

Guest hokipoki

Hi i recently installed your wm 6.5 rom. i am having trouble connecting to the wifi by some programs (spb weather , internet explorer)...

The wireless manager says im am connected, but i cant go anywhere in the internet explorer.

what are the settings i should use in order to get access to the internet?

Thanks!

Guest siluvent

hi steff

first of all i wanna give you a big thanks to your rom for it is so great!

i have tried your latest M2D rom and it amazes me..

a have a few points though i am new to this thing ( luckily my first try to flash was a breeze thanks to the guides made by sector )

anyway here it is,

does really texting experience in M2Dv2 28014 is so laggy? i mean i am fond of using the samsung default keyboard (beats me i like it) but when i tried yours with black ed it becomes so laggy and response is not so snappy. can you recommend other keyboards like that of HTC? so it would compliment the lag? thanks a bunch

another one is, correct me if i am wrong, the only way to change page in M2D is via its horizontal scroll below? i mean, does it not have any functionality that when i swipe along the screen, (e.g. from home) i will eventually arrive at message? ( what i mean is swiping to access pages)

and is the photo viewer of htc is really that bad? i heard of resco photo viewer v 7?? is that good?

thanks for your reply, please dont be upset with my comments, i just want to clarify things. Over all I really like your roms ( you did not change the version so that we could atleast keep our warranty! brilliant!) the apps, its cleanliness and versatility to install apps ;)

im happy with it!

hope you give response many thanks again!

Guest nhojnayr

i installed wm 6.5 hybrid theme with your rom and i wonder why the bottom bar is not transparent like when i install it to other roms. is there a fix for this?

also, fingerkeyboard doesn't vibrate when key is pressed.

Guest steff195

Ok guys, sorry for the late reply, but I have a personal life too. ;)

@Orbit71: I'll try to add them in future releases.

@LORD JUNIOR & @kennethchia: see attachment. ;)

@supersingh131: this is for i900 only. Sorry!

@hokipoki: I don't have problems with wifi. Maybe you should check again the settings, etc...

@siluvent: about the texting experience... didn't quite test it... I don't use M2D.

About scrolling thorugh pages in M2dv2: yes, that's the only way.

And about the photo viewer, Resco is better.

@nhojnayr: there must be something wrong in there... I also use Fingerkeyboard, but it vibrates to me. ;)

And, not last, Merry Christmas to you guys, and don't forget to donate. :P... it's presents time. ;)

Paul_Bronowiecki_Elegant_Black_Style_Color.cab

Edited by steff195

Guest steff195

For all of you guys who miss the Input menu in Settings you have to do the following:

using a registry editor go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\Input] and delete the "Redirect" value. Soft reset and that's it. It's there again! ;)

I will update this on the first page too!

Guest siluvent

hi steff

is there any way i can replace the default photo browser on your M2D? i like the photo on it but when i click on it to view more albums it is using HTC album, i want it to be resco .. you have any tips?

many thanks in advance! ;)

Guest steff195

I don't know man, I have to flash the M2D rom in order to test that. But now I'm tired of flashing... I might take a break for the holidays.

Edited by steff195

hi steff

first of all i wanna give you a big thanks to your rom for it is so great!

i have tried your latest M2D rom and it amazes me..

a have a few points though i am new to this thing ( luckily my first try to flash was a breeze thanks to the guides made by sector )

anyway here it is,

does really texting experience in M2Dv2 28014 is so laggy? i mean i am fond of using the samsung default keyboard (beats me i like it) but when i tried yours with black ed it becomes so laggy and response is not so snappy. can you recommend other keyboards like that of HTC? so it would compliment the lag? thanks a bunch

another one is, correct me if i am wrong, the only way to change page in M2D is via its horizontal scroll below? i mean, does it not have any functionality that when i swipe along the screen, (e.g. from home) i will eventually arrive at message? ( what i mean is swiping to access pages)

and is the photo viewer of htc is really that bad? i heard of resco photo viewer v 7?? is that good?

thanks for your reply, please dont be upset with my comments, i just want to clarify things. Over all I really like your roms ( you did not change the version so that we could atleast keep our warranty! brilliant!) the apps, its cleanliness and versatility to install apps ;)

im happy with it!

hope you give response many thanks again!

Photoviewer 7 is incredible god and if you wan't the best rom, fore speed, then try ryrzy rom 28002. Not the newest one 28014 it still has a few problems. I don't know what he is doing but on my phone the hole ting seems much more responsive.

Sry to talk about rom's from other cooks steff.

Guest kennethchia
Ok guys, sorry for the late reply, but I have a personal life too. ;)

@Orbit71: I'll try to add them in future releases.

@LORD JUNIOR & @kennethchia: see attachment. ;)

@supersingh131: this is for i900 only. Sorry!

@hokipoki: I don't have problems with wifi. Maybe you should check again the settings, etc...

@siluvent: about the texting experience... didn't quite test it... I don't use M2D.

About scrolling thorugh pages in M2dv2: yes, that's the only way.

And about the photo viewer, Resco is better.

@nhojnayr: there must be something wrong in there... I also use Fingerkeyboard, but it vibrates to me. ;)

And, not last, Merry Christmas to you guys, and don't forget to donate. :P ... it's presents time. ;)

steff195 Thanks for sharing :(

Guest emoture

does anybody here know how to edit cpr files or fix programs so it works on the omnia? Maybe you Steff. Anybody? If so, can you help me with this? Xperia X2 panels

Sector would've helped me if he were still here... Will you be my sector?

Guest thisisbil

Steff: Thank you, its a brilliant rom and the first one that I felt comfortable with when flashing my omnia to 6.5.x.

There was one thing though - 6.5 felt much more sluggish than 6.1 (something Microsoft would probably call a "feature", ;) ). Part of the reason for this I felt, was the response from the touch screen (especially the dialer). I found a reg tweak posted at samsung-omnia.org which helped greatly:

Go to [HKLM/System/GWE/Touch/Filter] and reduce the value for the DWORD MinimumTapTime - (default was 0x28). Soft reset.

I've set it to 0x2 (binary "2") and it works well. Of course if anyone has more wisdom on this it would be appreciated, but I hope that helps anyone suffering from a similar issue.

Hello All, Hello Steff!

First, Thank You very much for this rom! This is awsome! ;) I really like it but i have a problem with it. Is there anybody who has same?

The problem is when I have got an sms there isn't alert voice and the device haven't done store the message. I tried to select some alert ringtone (as mp3 and as wav format) and no change. ;) I have tried hard reset yet, and I haven't used any back up software to restore messages (this was a problem my older device (hp6340) when experinced same problem.

Is there any idea?

Thanks for answers!

Ronhks

Edited by ronhks

Guest steff195

@ronhks: It's curious, I don't have that problem, and you shouldn't have it too. I don't know if you've already done this but you should assign a ringtone first to a sms message. Go to Settings/Sounds&Notifications/Notifications/and here at the Event tab select Messaging: New text message.

Notice that you should put some music files (mp3, wav...) to My Storage in order the see them in the list of selectable ringtones.

Guest shamselberr

hey steff

good rom fast and stable

but video call still not working ? :)

i tried the latest m2d

any suggestion ?

merry christmas steff & merry christmas to every one

Guest steff195

No, you have to install a picture viewer, I've said it before, such as Resco Photo Viewer, and associate all picture files with it. Then it will work. Soft reset first. :)

Edited by steff195

Guest oligokoko

hie steff,

thx 4 this flash. really nice 2 use. just a few ques here :

1) my video call not functioning (option blurred in the call menu) how to solve this?

2) cannot play music if select the file frm file explorer [MENU - FILE EXPLORER - STORAGE CARD - MUSIC.MP3] d error msg says "not signed with a trusted certificate or one of its components cannot be found"

3) cannot turn on 3G option in the Comm Manager menu. 3G always at OFF position

please help me steff. newbie here :)

thx

Guest siluvent

hi steff,

been using your 28014 normal version, and i saw some problem:

1. the music is not sync with the name played. whenever i play music in home (titanium) and go to next track is not playing the supposed to be song and it is jumping.

hope you can help! :) 28014 is very responsive! ;)

Edited by siluvent

Guest Natsirt

this ROM looks pretty good and it looks like its going to be the one chosen as my first WM6.5 ROM :), but I have a few questions before i flash:

1) Do programs close when you tap the X button?

2) How is the battery life? Or is that related purely to the phone part of the ROM?

3) Does this ROM include FTouchSL for better responsiveness (or is it already in there because some people here say responsiveness is great B))

4) Is there that XDA UC thing cooked in so we can easily load up our cabs?

Sorry for all the questions, and if they've been answered earlier ;)

Cheers! And keep up the excellent work!

Edited by Natsirt

Guest steff195

@oligokoko:

1: I don't know, I didn't touch that, and I don't use it.

2: I say it again, you have to install a player, you favourite one, the rom is clean, so no player remained.

3: for 3G go to: Start/Settings/Personal/Phone/More, select Band Selection, click on Get settings below and then select Automatic... you should now have the 3G icon there. But, remember, connection settings are also required for your connection to work.

@siluvent: sorry, I don't have an answer to this problem.

@Ghoses: did you try the Office Mobile folder in Start Menu? I see One Note Mobile. If you're still referring to Notes from the original rom, you should check The Samsung Omnia respository topic.

@Natsirt:

1: yes it has Showcase included, which closes programs with X, also arranges your bottom bar to look better with Resco Explorer and others, and if you hold Start Menu icon you get the Showcase menu. :)

2: the battery life is the same as the official DXIA5... good, in my oppinion.

3: I don't include FTouchSL in my roms, as I tried it and I didn't see much difference... but if you want it, you can install it. ;)

4: No.

hi steff , u do a great job , i have a question .... , my fault , i installed the rom without m2d and i want it , what can i do , i installed all my programs and i dont want to flash again the rom . I must install m2d , can u help me with , i dont know what version of m2d is good . Thanks alot for your job .

Guest mattbeale

Hi Steff,

First of all great ROM. Second, Belated Merry Christmas.

Noticed something odd with your 28014 ROM. The Large Start Menu setting seems to be enable by default which means when you're in some apps (tested with Solitaire), and not looking at Titanium you can open the old school WM6 Start menu by tapping top left on the screen. Not sure if it was me that accidentally enabled it or if it was left enabled by default, so if it's something I've done I apologise.

Thought you'd like to know about this anyway. It's not really a bug, just an odd occurrence. Maybe something that needs removing from the OEM files?