Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

@lsherif: later today I'll cook the new 23620 - Windows CE: 5.2 Build 4562 (December 23 2009 16:43:36) AKU 5300 ;) ... and if the time allows me I might also cook 23094 - Windows CE: 5.2 Build 4132 (November 23 ?????, 2009 11:32:33) AKU 5302

@anpu: That's weird, I didn't touch that...

@Phoebo: calmly try a reflash. :)

any ideas anyone?

Guest Natsirt

Flashed to 28014 M2Dv2 rom today without a problem! Great ROM!! I really love it.. however, I have a few things i cant seem to solve..

1) I try to add programs to the program page of touchflo (shortcuts) but whenever i click add, only 6 programs come up, but the scrollbar on the side gets smaller which indicates a larger list, but the rest of my programs don't show. I'd hate to reflash or hard reset, as I just finished installing all my apps again and configuring the system settings.

2) Is it possible to remove the default task manager, as I would like to use my own.

Sorry if these have been answered already, it's 3am here :)

Cheers!!

Guest lol0152

Hi Steff,

I accidentally bumped into this Thread of yours and I am about to flash your "21887 Normal" ROM because in my opinion it simply looks great.

But I ve got a question:

On the first page you said yourself that there is no phone part included in your releases, is it still missing in "21887 Normal"?

Currently I have got BHIC2 flashed on my omnia, would it be necessary to update before flashing your ROM?

Greetings

Guest Orbit71

Hello steff195

why you remove :) such good tools likes:

- Remote Desktop

- Smart Converter - good on traveling

I really appreciate this two tools - like other users - is there a way to get it back.....

Is Activesync in the current release back in the menu

What is the difference of 23094 and 23620 - what should be used?

Overall - excellent image for the Omnia - Thanks!

Guest MartinBM
hi steff,

been using your 28014 normal version, and i saw some problem:

1. the music is not sync with the name played. whenever i play music in home (titanium) and go to next track is not playing the supposed to be song and it is jumping.

hope you can help! :) 28014 is very responsive! ;)

this is beacouse some codecs didn´t work... look if your files are avi, avi files somtimes fails en some WM 6.5 ROMs

good luck

Guest siluvent
@oligokoko:

1: I don't know, I didn't touch that, and I don't use it.

2: I say it again, you have to install a player, you favourite one, the rom is clean, so no player remained.

3: for 3G go to: Start/Settings/Personal/Phone/More, select Band Selection, click on Get settings below and then select Automatic... you should now have the 3G icon there. But, remember, connection settings are also required for your connection to work.

@siluvent: sorry, I don't have an answer to this problem.

@Ghoses: did you try the Office Mobile folder in Start Menu? I see One Note Mobile. If you're still referring to Notes from the original rom, you should check The Samsung Omnia respository topic.

@Natsirt:

1: yes it has Showcase included, which closes programs with X, also arranges your bottom bar to look better with Resco Explorer and others, and if you hold Start Menu icon you get the Showcase menu. :o

2: the battery life is the same as the official DXIA5... good, in my oppinion.

3: I don't include FTouchSL in my roms, as I tried it and I didn't see much difference... but if you want it, you can install it. :(

4: No.

hi steff

nevermind my stupid inquiry hahahaha i just did not update my playlist though and now everything is working fine :)

ill try your new release ;)

1 question..

how could i use google maps in M2D version?

thanks a lot!

(been a maniac flashing with steffs all roms B) great! mostly the idea of not changing the VERSION hahaha thanks! B)

I flash Rom v23620 finish. But Full memory (My Storage full).I HR 2-3 times, v23620 not work for me. Not Active Sync with PPC.

1.Build v23094 Ok. but not find app phone.lnk or phone.exe in folder windows\.

2. In Rom've two theme *.tsk.

3. Video call not active.

Help plz!!! Thank You!

Edited by AnhPhe

Guest Forseakyn

Hi,

I used your 21887 Normal build and it works fine, for 1 thing.

My text messages are received, however when I want to open them they are not opened and they are not in the inbox.

Anyone know what might be the issue? Or do I need to reflash it?

Thanks!

Guest steff195

Ok, guys, please understand that I can't satisfy everyone... one wants one thing to be removed, other wants that thing in. Orbit71 was asking me why I removed those two apps... well, you can add them afterwards... some people might not use them, so I preffered to keep the free space and everyone can have what they want installed.

@AnhPhe: strange, I test every rom before I release it and it was working fine.

@terius: well, it's easier for me to upload the roms on rapidshare, I have an account and it's faster. Try to understand me that I don't have time, after customizing/cooking the roms to wait for uploads to finish. Besides, you have already a mirror in there, which works great for me, at least. ;) But anyone who wants to help is invited to upload on other hosts and share the links.

@siluvent: don't know man, didn't test it, I use Igo. B)

@kevin2210: No.

@lol0152: it means you'll have the same phone part version after flashing. If you want a newer phone part you have to flash it separately... check the forum for that.

@Natsirt: I think that task manager is pretty handy, that's why I kept it, but if you don't want it check the attachment and copy the files in folder "disattivare copia incolla in windows taskswitcher" and drop it in /Windows. In case you change your mind, you have also a backup. :)

Taskswitcher.rar

Guest Orbit71

Hi Steff

Ok, but is there a possibility to publish on how to add the removed applications like:

- Remote Desktop

- Smart Converter

If I can install it aferwords its also ok.... Thanks for your great ROM's

Guest lsherif

Hi Steff,

Been using your new 23620M2D since yesterday with no issues at all, everything looks perfect , smooth, sensitive & fast.

Congratulations on such build , keep it on. :)

Only one common issue with the download, always facing problem with downloading from FileShare & RapidShare in all your previous roms, can you please upload to MediaFire.

Guest antrobi
First of all I wanna say Hi! to all of you cookies lovers :o … and let me proudly present my custom Roms for i900 Omnia!

Edit 30.12.2009:

23094 Normal/M2Dv2 released! (23094 - Windows CE: 5.2 Build 4132 (November 23 ?????, 2009 11:32:33) AKU 5302)

For screenshots see 23620 screenshots, almost the same look, but different build.

Download 23094 Normal

Dwonload 23094 M2Dv2

23620 Normal/M2Dv2 released! (23620 - Windows CE: 5.2 Build 4562 (December 23 2009 16:43:36) AKU 5300)

Changelog:

- removed Remote Desktop

- removed Smart Converter

- finally removed DivX Registration from Settings/Personal :(

Screenshots:

23620 Normal

screenshot1dj.pngscreenshot4xl.pngscreenshot3cm.png

23620 M2Dv2

screenshot2vs.pngscreenshot2a.pngscreenshot1hc.png

23620 Normal MIRROR

23620 M2Dv2 MIRROR

EDIT: 28.12.2009

21887 Normal/M2Dv2:

Added:

- some Omnia Lite apps: Clock, Calendar, Smart Converter, FM Radio;

- Input menu back in Settings

Removed:

- the standard apps: Clock, Calendar, Smart Converter FM Radio;

- the themes except the Classic Blue (if you want them, you can find them on this site);

- removed My Phone from Start Menu, as it already exists in Settings

21887 Normal

screen001d.pngscreen002m.pngscreen005l.png

21887 M2Dv2

screen001o.pngscreen002p.png

21887 Normal MIRROR

21887 M2Dv2 MIRROR

EDIT: 13.12.2009

- new 28014 build Normal/M2Dv2 released;

- changed default theme to Elegant Black Color to improve the default rom look. :)

For all of you guys who miss the Input menu in Settings you have to do the following:

using a registry editor go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\Input] and delete the "Redirect" value. Soft reset and that's it. It's there again!

Screenshots:

28014 Normal:

screenshot1a.png screenshot2k.pngscreenshot3rh.pngscreenshot4wx.png

28014 M2Dv2:

screenshot2vs.pngscreenshot1gn.pngscreenshot3x.png

DOWNLOAD 28014 MIRROR

DOWNLOAD 28014 M2Dv2 MIRROR

EDIT 12.12.2009

28011 M2Dv2 released

Specification:

- Not all the tabs are selected by default! To select your favourite tabs go To Start Menu/M2DC/Tabs and select you favourite ones, in the preffered order. ;)

- To change the background you can either do it via M2DC/background or simply change hh_fw_background.png and hh_fw_focus_background.png in /Windows.

28011 M2Dv2 Screenshots:

screenshot4oz.pngscreenshot6u.pngscreenshot7.png

DOWNLOAD 28011 M2Dv2 MIRROR

EDIT 10.12.2009

Changes from previous releases:

- new 28011 build;

- modified some of the remaining Samsung apps to be in black now: Samsung Keyboard, Samsung Calculator, Samsung Clock, Samsung Radio; (they are still there, but I didn't want them in the Start Menu B) )

- removed Bing;

- added SMS reply fix.

screenshot2og.pngscreenshot3y.png

Edit 08.12.2009:

- removed Samsung Online Widgets, Samsung Today 1 & 2, and some more minor stuff and now the memory increased. See (updated) screenshots!

Edit 07.12.2009:

- fixed camera video shooting problem observed in previous releases;

- removed: WindowsLive, WMMoneyWidget, WMWeatherWidget, WMWidgets, Marketplace, Voice Command, Microsoft Tag;

- tried to remove Samsung Keyboard but got error at boot, so I let it be;

- gained few extra free mb;

- links updated.

Changes made:

- Finger mouse not working… in fact you can use it but not working 100% properly;

- Removed many (unneeded) Samsung apps such as Favorite Settings, Main Menu, the mouse cursors, the ringtones, Phonebook, Contacts, Streaming player, Media album, Connected Home, Internet Sharing, DivxRegistration, Java, Touch Player, Opera, Photoslides, Podcasts, RSS Reader, Sharepix, Shozu, Samsung theme 1 & 2, Digital Frame, Google Maps and the rest I don’t remember;

- included the new camera, with new black background and new saving format;

- disabled allign screen and startup settings (for those who can’t bypass this step because of the touchscreen), you can allign screen at any time later;

- Small Icons included, so now the start menu looks better;

- Showcase Suite included, so you don’t have to worry about the taskbar incompatibility with Resco Explorer or Manilla;

- new selection background in Start Menu;

- Motion Sensor disabled, Etiquette enabled;

- Removed Security questions on applications install;

- New boot animation and welcomehead, Windows 7 style;

- added Samsung Data Manager from Omnia Lite... it looks better and works ok;

- and many minor changes I don’t remember..

(Updated) Screenshots from 28008 and 28002 builds:

screenshot1gd.pngprogramsj.png

screenshot5af.png28008.png

080124152150.pngscreenshot1q.png

Download links:

DOWNLOAD 28011 MIRROR

DOWNLOAD 28008 MIRROR

DOWNLOAD 28002 MIRROR

I expect your comments, impressions and suggestions here. B)

If you appreciate my work and want to support me, please

btndonatecclgc.gif

Guest Natsirt
Ok, guys, please understand that I can't satisfy everyone... one wants one thing to be removed, other wants that thing in. Orbit71 was asking me why I removed those two apps... well, you can add them afterwards... some people might not use them, so I preffered to keep the free space and everyone can have what they want installed.

@Natsirt: I think that task manager is pretty handy, that's why I kept it, but if you don't want it check the attachment and copy the files in folder "disattivare copia incolla in windows taskswitcher" and drop it in /Windows. In case you change your mind, you have also a backup. B)

ah, thnx for the tip steff B) this ROM is perfect now. I solved the task manager issue by copying another task manager's .exe file into the windows directory and renamed it to taskmgr.exe and it works :)

these ROMs are exceptional with the amount of free space available on device memory, before in my previous ROM I always struggled for memory (the day before I flashed to yours, I had only 1mb of device memory left!) Now with everything installed i have 87mb left :(

1 question about M2dv2 .. I'm not familiar with it, and have ever only used it once (old version, for about a week) and I was wondering, on the home panel is it possible to show more than 1 appointment at a time? My only issue now :o and it might not even be related to the awesome ROM ;)

Cheers! and Happy New Year!

Guest kjgallardog

Hi, im from Venezuela and i like your work in this rom(Thanx for that excellent job) but i have a problem with the data connection. don't connect even configure my web sessions and included the imei operator in Venezuela (Movilnet and Movistar) in the folder windows with the rest preloaded. Can you help me with this. Thanks Again and happy new year 2010!

Guest AnhPhe

Happy New Year 2010!!

1. Options in Phone Dialer basic work but calllog not work. Not find calllog.exe, phone.exe in folder windows/.

Video call work with 3G active.

2. I installing "Omnia_Lite_Dialer_For_i900.cab" and "Black-Dialer-PhoneBook-CallLog-Muncheno.cab".

Options in menu phone not work.

Calllog work, Video call not work.

I love Black skin Dialer.

Q: plz! Can you help active Options in Phone.

Thank all.

Edited by AnhPhe

Guest siluvent

hi steff..

another inquiry again,

i love your M2D and i have tested all your roms and its pretty damn good!

one thing i would like to ask is how to improve the speed of the dialer?

i hope you can see the scenario im talking about, its when i dial a number not on my contacts, it is very very very slow. like for example dialing 123456789, its taking me like 10 seconds to dial PER NUMBER i think it would only cost a tweak but i do not know.

do you happen to know the solution? kindly share it thanks in advance!

and 1 other thing, can you suggest how can i find I go? or how can i install garmin XT and provide some useful apps for our omnia.

i love your clean rom!

Happy new year! cheers!

New update on first page:

first rom of 2010: 28205 Normal/M2Dv2 released! :)

Happy New Year!

Downloading now! I hope it's a great one as usual!

Happy New Year!

Guest Orbit71

Hi Steff,

Where I can find the removed applications for installation afterwords

- Remote Desktop

- Smart Converter

Thanks for your help and good ROMs

Running the 21887 M2D ROM, although I already exchanged M2D voor Mobile Shell 3.5 with MobileSense skin, which I keep returning to. However, ROM's running smoothly, for which thanks are in order stef!

What I'm wondering however, is how can I get an lock screen similar to WM6.1? So just de text "unlock" in the bottom left corner, but the rest of the normal screen still visible? WM6.5 lock screen, as well as S2U2 for example, have a different screen than the home screen when locked...