OCK's WM6.5 Roms (Premium, M2D, M2D Classic, Titanium, UltraLite)

Guest ock

Hi Ock, Your previous build 23093 was great, now trying out the new ultralite.. but why still no internet sharing? I sure hope, my own install from XDA still works... so no issue from me

thanks!

Hi friend, internet sharing is available in the normal Titanium version, but I've removed it in the Ultralite version. Glad to hear that your own cab works though.

but when the pin keyboard appears after a soft reset, some nokia sms sound comes up. (or something) I don't know if it only is in the ultralite.

Here's the fix for the weird sms sound :) . Pls report if it works.

Notification_Fix.cab

Edited by ock

Guest new2city
Hi friend, internet sharing is available in the normal Titanium version, but I've removed it in the Ultralite version. Glad to hear that your own cab works though.

Here's the fix for the weird sms sound :) . Pls report if it works.

fix for weird sms sound works!!

In another story, 1 visual bug, when we press the start button(windows icon), and go into settings, the back button(arrow) is replaced with windows icon as well, hence we have 2 windows icon.

Let's hope that's about it from ultralite..

Guest bobo9900

hi ock, thanks for your rom.

here is some bug report on 23619lite :

1. notification sound using smsclassic.mp3 <== I see you have .cab fix

2. Default.tsk missing some registry key, causing no dismiss button and snooze button, and magnifier button(<== others theme have this, and default.tsk don't)

(note: when there is misscall, and we check notification, there suppose to calllist button on left and dismiss button on right)

I have rebuild Default.tsk, removed the 320x240 background, and upload it to media fire along image file its lack of.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/boyzwand03d/...ultTask_Fix.rar

Hope you can fix it to the rom in next release.

@new2city : i don't have such error as yours. why dont u try my fix. extract the files, put in \windows folder, apply theme (start-setting-home)

3. classicblue.tsk have the same problem as default.tsk

4. [When device is woken up, lock device] from start-setting-personal-button-wake up doesn't work.

even if i enable it, it doesn't goes to lockscreen when it wakes.

Hi Ock,

Couple of issues I've noticed so far. SRS Wow HD isn't showing up in the menu anywhere and the soundtester.exe shows all the volume gains set to their highest already. In your 23093 build they weren't. I don't know if this is more an issue with this com branch than it is with your build though. I'm reflashing just to make sure. I'm glad to have the old communication settings with the wifi router option back. Is there anyway I can put this on your 23093 build? Oh, just to be clear I'm using your M2D version.

Edit: I'm also not showing the "phone" settings that usually are under the personal settings tab. I use that to turn of the dialing tone noises since sometimes it seems like it slows down the touch response when dialing.

Thanks

Edited by btbarr

Guest new2city

2. Default.tsk missing some registry key, causing no dismiss button and snooze button, and magnifier button(<== others theme have this, and default.tsk don't)

(note: when there is misscall, and we check notification, there suppose to calllist button on left and dismiss button on right)

I have rebuild Default.tsk, removed the 320x240 background, and upload it to media fire along image file its lack of.

@new2city : i don't have such error as yours. why dont u try my fix. extract the files, put in \windows folder, apply theme (start-setting-home)

4. [When device is woken up, lock device] from start-setting-personal-button-wake up doesn't work.

Thanks I will give it a try, but I can't access mediafire from here(working :) )

Hey Ock, where can I get the Windows theme you use for this? the Default one with the blue and black.

The theme is by amarullz. 3 different colour schemes.

Thanks bobo9900, that's a comprehensive report. I'll look into the files you've provided. The lockscreen problem could be related to some BTAR files. Have you tried Auto Lockscreen?

Hi Ock,

Couple of issues I've noticed so far. SRS Wow HD isn't showing up in the menu anywhere and the soundtester.exe shows all the volume gains set to their highest already. In your 23093 build they weren't. I don't know if this is more an issue with this com branch than it is with your build though. I'm reflashing just to make sure. I'm glad to have the old communication settings with the wifi router option back. Is there anyway I can put this on your 23093 build? Oh, just to be clear I'm using your M2D version.

Edit: I'm also not showing the "phone" settings that usually are under the personal settings tab. I use that to turn of the dialing tone noises since sometimes it seems like it slows down the touch response when dialing.

Oh yes, I removed SRS Wow to test out some BTAR. You can grab the cab if you need it.

The soundtester issue could also be related to the BTAR files. Anyone can confirm if BTAR is working/ not working? Looks like I'll remove that if it's causing problems.

I've confirmed the issue with the missing Phone icon, if you need a quick fix for that, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\Phone and delete "Redirect". Strange that it's disabled by default in the new build.  EDIT: Or just run the attached file which does the same thing.

Phoneicon.zip

Edited by ock

Guest zeriuss_83

i found bug, when you make softreset, clock and data bekame defolt! i have 11-37, 29.12.2009. on it, softreset, aaaand - hadtreek - 19-45, 1.01.2008!!!

Edited by zeriuss_83

Guest corwest
The theme is by amarullz. 3 different colour schemes.

Thanks bobo9900, that's a comprehensive report. I'll look into the files you've provided. The lockscreen problem could be related to some BTAR files. Have you tried Auto Lockscreen?

Oh yes, I removed SRS Wow to test out some BTAR. You can grab the cab if you need it.

The soundtester issue could also be related to the BTAR files. Anyone can confirm if BTAR is working/ not working? Looks like I'll remove that if it's causing problems.

I've confirmed the issue with the missing Phone icon, if you need a quick fix for that, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\Phone and delete "Redirect". Strange that it's disabled by default in the new build. EDIT: Or just run the attached file which does the same thing.

Hey thanks Ock. Awsome Rom BTW!

Also its nice to see you giving such great support on your Roms. Thanks for the quick fixes

Edited by corwest

Guest plguzman

OCK, congratulations on a fast, stable ROM.

However, it has a problem I have found in another ROM's: No notification in Windows Live Messenger with the screen off, even IN Windows Live Messenger with the screen on. WLM is one of the most used apps by me, and not having a notification with the phone idle is really a problem. I have tried everything without success... That was the reason I have being sticking with Hammer. I flashed with your latest ROM and will wait to see if you can find a solution for that.

Great job anyway =)

Hi OCK,

I am using your M2D 23093.5.3.1 ROM. I like it a lot. It is fast and stable so far. No sensitivity issues.

My question however about M2D. I've tried to use photo and music widgets. Neither of them works properly.

I could not find HTC audio manager and HTC Album in the ROM, so I downloaded both cabs from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=541750. Installed cabs... Well no sucess. Photo widget shows only sample photos and I can not do anything but swipe them. The widget does not see photoalbum app. I can't choose location where to get my photos from. Music does not work at all. It keeps searching for tracks and can not find them.I've been looking through registry for the setting. I want at least to be able to pull my pictures from whatever location I like... not just the default one. Also I have an issue with my ru/eng dictionary. It was working great on any of the stock 6.1 roms. However, when I tried to install on your ROM the program does not function. It opens main window and then throws the message is "can not find dictionaries". I've been trying to figure out if you have RU Lang cooked in. It seems that part of it is in place and another part is missing. I was able to activate ru keyboard with the long press on XT9 button. Got a cab from PDA4.ru to do so. It works but unstable. In the language setting Russian language is present but does not work

On the positive note, I read somewhere here that people had problem with google maps not being cooked into the ROM and therefore not working. I installed them via a cab file and it works just fine for me. Also I'm totally surprised to see my good 5 year old "destinator 6" gps soft working well through generations of windows OS form ppc2002 all the way to wm6.5.

Guest raptuzstormbreaker

4: use Smart Lock (Start -> Settings -> System -> Smart Lock) and check Suspend Lock.

Guest bobo9900
<br />4: use Smart Lock (Start -&gt; Settings -&gt; System -&gt; Smart Lock) and check Suspend Lock.<br /><br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

strange, i have tried smart lock. doesn't work, maybe i didn't properly reset.

i will try it again when i have time. i'm on 23093 now.

thanks.

i found bug, when you make softreset, clock and data bekame defolt! i have 11-37, 29.12.2009. on it, softreset, aaaand - hadtreek - 19-45, 1.01.2008!!!

I've observed that it doesn't happen everytime I reset. Will investigate.

Hey thanks Ock. Awsome Rom BTW!

Also its nice to see you giving such great support on your Roms. Thanks for the quick fixes

It's the minimum I can do before the next release  :)

I went back to titaniumlite 23093... had problems with internet connections again with 23619..

what are the benefits of 23619 anyway, guys?

NoData was "broken" but internet connection was ok in 23093, and the reverse happened in my build 23619. Personally, I don't see much difference in this two builds.

OCK, congratulations on a fast, stable ROM.

However, it has a problem I have found in another ROM's: No notification in Windows Live Messenger with the screen off, even IN Windows Live Messenger with the screen on. WLM is one of the most used apps by me, and not having a notification with the phone idle is really a problem. I have tried everything without success... That was the reason I have being sticking with Hammer. I flashed with your latest ROM and will wait to see if you can find a solution for that.

Great job anyway =)

Will try, but no promises  ;)

Hi OCK,

I've tried to use photo and music widgets. Neither of them works properly...

Also I have an issue with my ru/eng dictionary. It was working great on any of the stock 6.1 roms. However, when I tried to install on your ROM the program does not function. It opens main window and then throws the message is "can not find dictionaries". I've been trying to figure out if you have RU Lang cooked in. It seems that part of it is in place and another part is missing. I was able to activate ru keyboard with the long press on XT9 button. Got a cab from PDA4.ru to do so. It works but unstable. In the language setting Russian language is present but does not work

On the positive note, I read somewhere here that people had problem with google maps not being cooked into the ROM and therefore not working. I installed them via a cab file and it works just fine for me. Also I'm totally surprised to see my good 5 year old "destinator 6" gps soft working well through generations of windows OS form ppc2002 all the way to wm6.5.

I've removed both photo and music tabs, so they won't work. You can try the cabs I've taken M2D from.

On the issue of the dictionaries, I'm not sure if the "dictionaries" are part of your program or part of winmo. May be a bit hard to solve. Do keep an eye on Bruno Adler's multi-language roms. Your dictionary may work in his Russian version.

And btw, the M2D version includes Google Maps by default, though I've not enabled the location tab by default. (Use M2DC to enable it)

SmartLock work good for me. I u Rom v28014

Update Smart Lock v2.0A work good!

Didn't know that version 2 is out. Thanks for the update!

Looks like my kitchen is due for a refresh. Hope my next release would solve most of these problems  B) .

I've observed that it doesn't happen everytime I reset. Will investigate.

It's the minimum I can do before the next release  :)

Damn ock, dude r u cooking rom for next release already? U r 1 hell of a chef, what we do without u ;)

Can't wait for ur next rom. God bless

Guest mashimus

I installed voice dial and I can dial out with my BT headset.. :) .. the only difference between this fix and Khunchai's fixes is that in Khunchai's roms I could hear the "feedback" when I do a voice dial from the headset.. not the handset as it is the case with your ROM... but good work anyway...!

Is there anything else BT related I can test out?

Hi OCK,

I am using your M2D 23093.5.3.1 ROM. I like it a lot. It is fast and stable so far. No sensitivity issues.

My question however about M2D. I've tried to use photo and music widgets. Neither of them works properly.

I could not find HTC audio manager and HTC Album in the ROM, so I downloaded both cabs from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=541750. Installed cabs... Well no sucess. Photo widget shows only sample photos and I can not do anything but swipe them. The widget does not see photoalbum app. I can't choose location where to get my photos from. Music does not work at all. It keeps searching for tracks and can not find them.I've been looking through registry for the setting. I want at least to be able to pull my pictures from whatever location I like... not just the default one. Also I have an issue with my ru/eng dictionary. It was working great on any of the stock 6.1 roms. However, when I tried to install on your ROM the program does not function. It opens main window and then throws the message is "can not find dictionaries". I've been trying to figure out if you have RU Lang cooked in. It seems that part of it is in place and another part is missing. I was able to activate ru keyboard with the long press on XT9 button. Got a cab from PDA4.ru to do so. It works but unstable. In the language setting Russian language is present but does not work

Did you install the audio manager on the device memory? I'm on Ock's 23093 M2D and it is working fine for me. I don't know about the photo album though since I use a different app for photos.

Sure, I did. It is all on device memory. I use a different app for pictures and music as well but it's not the point. I just want the whole thing work smoothly. Photo widget is technically good for show off only, but audio manager is actually a useful app. I'll try HR tonight. May be there is an app, out of a bunch of soft I have loaded so far, interferes. Will see.

Guest hamzaniko

i adjust the volume in the aoudiotester bad nothing hapen ???? is not working or wat

the rom is great in everything ccept the aoudio tester pleas give me how to fix them the volume of omnia is low to me