1.6 ROM development

Guest Timmmm

Guest jonathonf

Which Ubuntu version are you using? IIRC Google's Android build instructions are based around 9.04, 9.10 has libraries and tools that are too new (GCC 4.4, Java 1.6).

Which Ubuntu version are you using? IIRC Google's Android build instructions are based around 9.04, 9.10 has libraries and tools that are too new (GCC 4.4, Java 1.6).

I think i'm using 9.08?

Guest _melchett

linux distributions are updated in 6 month intervals, so april (.04) and october (.10) every year. If you updated Linux since october 2009 you will be on 9.10.

We won't get any hardware started with a plain AOSP build .... You must replace libs, use qcom init and shell scripts. I started two weeks ago at the codeaurora donut-cinnamon branch. But i first need a linux distribution which won't make me crazy (Ubuntu freezes or corrupt .o files - needs 3+ runs to compile the hole stuff) and some time. I would fist start to boot the kernel with 1.5 to see if it runs corrrectly, then take a look at the donut-cinnamon branch. Create a new vendor config - take a look at the files provided in the huawei build environment topic.

This is what I'm doing, either replacing libs and getting AOSP to compile against them or trying to convince the Pulse to work with the AOSP drivers. I'll try nd grab the donut-cinnamon branch and see if that helps.

I made reasonable progress with the wifi by adding a few values to BoardConfig.mk - it loads the driver automatically and gives the list of predefined networks, but wpa_supplicant crashes it.

Also, I agree, Ubuntu drives me up the wall. I hibernate my laptop all the time, and the latest release has taken to randomly kernel panicing when I resume.

Guest David Horvath
This is what I'm doing, either replacing libs and getting AOSP to compile against them or trying to convince the Pulse to work with the AOSP drivers. I'll try nd grab the donut-cinnamon branch and see if that helps.

I made reasonable progress with the wifi by adding a few values to BoardConfig.mk - it loads the driver automatically and gives the list of predefined networks, but wpa_supplicant crashes it.

Also, I agree, Ubuntu drives me up the wall. I hibernate my laptop all the time, and the latest release has taken to randomly kernel panicing when I resume.

I'm using ubuntu since vista came out, and there are problems with the drivers. If you want i can try to help solve these. The core system is really nice, there are some problems with the closed source drivers though..

I've had it ages, they just seem to be doing a poor job at maintaining stability between releases. OTOH, I wouldn't want to go back to developing in Windows. Ever. Thanks anyway, though :)

Ah, Paul said something about permissions on dhcp.conf or something. It might help. Search the forums for it =]