Bluetooth headsets/earpieces - what's yours?

Guest tropolite

Guest vlgligor

Using both Nokia BH-904 and Plantronics Pulsar 590A. I use the Nokia BT-set when driving, since it connects to both office and personal phone in the same time, thus being able to pick-up calls on any of them. The Pulsar is for listening stereo music when on bike or running or whatever I do in the free time (when I don't need to take the office phone with me).

Edited by vlgligor

I've been using the S9 HD since I had the i910 and it's easily the best headset I've ever used. I have the 920, so not sure if there will be any differences. All buttons work perfect with the Samsung player for both music and video,and they worked fine when I used S2P on the first Omnia also. The range is really good. Indoors I can leave my phone on the first floor of my house and reception holds up fine even when I go upstairs. Outdoors I occasionally have some minor gaps with the phone in my back pocket and a hood covering the receiver. Without anything covering them I usually have no gaps or skipping at all.

Yeah, I'm really about to but them now! I tried my regular S9 with the I8000 and even after selecting WOW on the player nothing changed in the bluetooth headset. Not even when rolling through different equalizer settings; as if those didn't work over A2DP connection. In my old N95 with the same S9, it made a different after selecting equalizer settings or "bass improvement" and such. Why then doesn't this works with the I8000? Is is because it has to be the S9-HD to work with SRS-WOW (support in both devices)? And if so, why don't the equalizer settings work neither?

Anyway, I just saw the Motorola H9 also... what do you think of them? What do you think about S9-HD vs H9?

Thanks; I'd love to hear your thoughts-.

Well, I got them! (the S9-HD). Although they sound great and better than the regular S9, I don't know how to enable and truly appreciate the SRS WOW effect. I enable it in the Samsung player and also by holding "Next Track" until it makes a noise, but everything still sounds the same. Plus, there are supposedly two or more modes of SRS-WOW in the headset? How to know which one is active?

Please, let me know! Thanks

Guest brainstorm03
Well, I got them! (the S9-HD). Although they sound great and better than the regular S9, I don't know how to enable and truly appreciate the SRS WOW effect. I enable it in the Samsung player and also by holding "Next Track" until it makes a noise, but everything still sounds the same. Plus, there are supposedly two or more modes of SRS-WOW in the headset? How to know which one is active?

Please, let me know! Thanks

Cool, definitely worth it. I usually do the same holding next track until it beeps. I believe it's always on, and when it beeps it switches between modes. One should be a better all around sound, and one more bass heavy. It's definitely a noticeable difference though, I just rarely change modes

• 7 months later...
off1.jpg

Sony Ericsson MW-600 just doesn't show the name of the caller.

does the navigation button for music player (play, skip next, forward, etc) function properly on this sony ericsson MW-600 ?

how bout the sound quality ?

i'm interested to buy this one..

Try S9 HD, you will be blown away with the sound quality since both headset and Omnia II have SRS WOW HD

86835640.png

1. Noise cancellation

2. SRS WOW HD

3. Both earsets for voice call, unlike the old S9 only one side

4. no wire at all

5. Totally black

6. Dust and sweat proof

Anyway, the headset is not suitable for you to wear all day in the office or car but if you have this headset you need to readjust your lifestyle of not wearing earset all the time like:-

1. Cradle your omnia in the car, use microsoft voice command to open GPS navigation system, to play, skip and stop music, to read your email and sms and to make and receive call effortlessly while driving.

2. Try use your hand to pick up omnia in the pocket which is only few cm away.

3. Get rid of wire and clip from the rest of your office attire.

4. free yourself from wire in the gym or jogging while listen to good music and still can receive call and listen to incoming email and sms.

5. pair it with your netbook/laptop in cafe while listening to the sound of video/youtube/game and pair it to omnia to receive call, listen to incoming email and sms.

6. Enjoy music in high quality stereo sound for both ears wirelessly

Does it have the same durability and battery problems as the normal s9? Don't have much faith in it after it started breaking apart and then the battery failed to hold a charge for any reasonable amount of time.

my normal s9 was kaput due to my negligence when i wore that thing straight into sauna and steamroom after gym. Now with S9HD i try not to do that anymore. Battery tends to drain out if you leave it unused for few weeks. In the box it does state that the unit can only be charged for 400 times. I used S9HD for 2 years already i lost count how many charging ive done and the unit is still kicking. I still use it regularly, especially to test bt voice routing after flashing new ROM.

Anyway it is dirt cheap now, n1wireless sells it for only $34.99 I bought mine from them too last time with higher price.

But moto has just released s10-HD, so im looking forward for that, once my s9HD kaput

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Co...la-S10-HD-US-EN

does the navigation button for music player (play, skip next, forward, etc) function properly on this sony ericsson MW-600 ?

how bout the sound quality ?

i'm interested to buy this one..

no one can give answer for this questions ?

Guest GunnarKarlsson
no one can give answer for this questions ?

I have a MH100 which should just be a renamed MW-600 when they bundle it with phones (according to some sites)

It works perfectly together with s2p and touchplayer on the omnia 2

my only gripe with this bth set is that the volume "slider bar" is a bit irritating! (unresponsive and hard to control with one hand)

//Gunnar

Guest darkworldzz

i used to use Sony ericson's HBH-ds970.. yes i know it is an old model, but it works great. best earpiece sound i have ever used. able to answer phone calls using stock and on Sb roms. great sound quality + wow HD.. easy setup, able to use voice command.. only downside is the neck thingy isnt really comfy and the protection spoils easily.. eventually it spoiled after 2 years..

i'm interested to buy MW-600. but i'm afraid, those navigation button for jumping previous or next mp3 song not function..

since it's brand of sony ericsson, i'm worry, the button not compatible with samsung.

any comments ?

Guest darkworldzz
i'm interested to buy MW-600. but i'm afraid, those navigation button for jumping previous or next mp3 song not function..

since it's brand of sony ericsson, i'm worry, the button not compatible with samsung.

any comments ?

my hbh ds970 works fine..

any comments ?

All SE stereo headphones with Play controls (like Play, Next, Prev) use A2DP. As it is a standard used to control multimedia, they will all work with devices which use A2DP.

So in short: SE headphones will work nicely with Omnia2 and it doesn`t matter that it is a "SE" brand.

Me, myself, have those HBH-DS980

Sony-Ericsson-HBH-D.jpg

and I`m very happy with those. Sound is awesome, pretty decent battery live, all controls work flawlessly, it has a nice oled screen which provides access to phone`s phonebook and call history. It displays caller ID when phone calls. With proper MS BT stack (If i remember correctly, stack from 21028 win build) it will even display songs name from Windows Media Player!! Great choice...

It almost sounded like a commercial, sorry for that :)

• 2 months later...
Guest GunnarKarlsson
everything works fine, even the touch volume when you get used to it. :unsure:

+1

MW-600 works great, but only shows the caller number, not contact name, when a call comes in.

a2dp and avcrp works great.

cannot really judge call quality yet, but no one have complained.

The FM-radio is surprisingly good for such a small device which uses the wire for antenna. Better than the reception on the omnia 2, for me anyway.

and the touch volume is much better than on my MH100.

all in all, a good Christmas gift to myself... :-)

//Gunnar