Media Player Library Search

Guest hiperjp
Here's the steps how I use it.

1.install the cab;

2.run the program"Touch Player database", menu->settings,edit the 3 folder path where you put your media ,then press "save";

3.then select the SMP_MEDIA_PLAYLIST,press menu->Clean Database;

4.close the program.

now enter the samsung touch player, you'll see it only shows the media in the your selected path(in step 2.)

May my reply will give you some help.

Thanks wes58 again for the great tool!!! :)

I can only get to step 2. When I select SMP_MEDIA_PLAYLIST and while the list is filled, the application craches and quits itself. I have 170 songs.

Edited by hiperjp

Guest kydkylin
I can only get to step 2. When I select SMP_MEDIA_PLAYLIST and while the list is filled, the application craches and quits itself. I have 170 songs.

Well,then you could try to fellow 3 steps first before my 4 steps above:

1.delete the TP_autoupdate.lnk(something like that.Sorry I can't remember the name clearly...) in windows\startup to disable touch player auto update,then restart;

2.run touch player,menu->update;

3.after the update,close touch player,then fellow the 4 steps I've mentioned above.

I have 138 audios and 2 videos in my storage,using secany's A5 ROM ,and it works.Hope it'll work for you.

Edited by kydkylin

The application crashes when I try to start it. Is there a limit on the number of songs it will handle? I have over 2,700 in My Storage.

I haven't tested it with so many songs.

But that's why I made an option that normally it displays albums not listing all the songs. But you are saying that it crashes when you start it, before it displays the list?

How big is the library file, it is twmp_lib.edb in Application Data folder. Can you tell me the size.

Maybe I will try to rbuild it with the new Microsoft SDK for WM6.5.

Could you post your file here or somewhere else. I wouldn't mind trying it.

Guest Shadowy
I haven't tested it with so many songs.

But that's why I made an option that normally it displays albums not listing all the songs. But you are saying that it crashes when you start it, before it displays the list?

How big is the library file, it is twmp_lib.edb in Application Data folder. Can you tell me the size.

Maybe I will try to rbuild it with the new Microsoft SDK for WM6.5.

Could you post your file here or somewhere else. I wouldn't mind trying it.

Thanks for your reply. It's 1.54Mb. Renamed to .txt to upload.

twmp_lib.txt

Guest hiperjp
Well,then you could try to fellow 3 steps first before my 4 steps above:

1.delete the TP_autoupdate.lnk(something like that.Sorry I can't remember the name clearly...) in windows\startup to disable touch player auto update,then restart;

2.run touch player,menu->update;

3.after the update,close touch player,then fellow the 4 steps I've mentioned above.

I have 138 audios and 2 videos in my storage,using secany's A5 ROM ,and it works.Hope it'll work for you.

I've been doing exactly that. But as I said, the app quits while the list it's populated. :)

BTW, I have SPANISH Secany's JA5.

Edited by hiperjp

Guest Hiroshi.Rio

It is works for me after a HardReset. I put only one folder on microSD and run DB. Select paths and cover disk.

But after 8Gb files of music, the app does not open anymore.

I'm using WM 6.1 original ROM.

I have never managed to get it to run at all, it shows on my task bar and then immediately disappears without even opening a window.

I am right there with everybody else who can't get it to run. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, rebooting, clearing all memory... it tries to start then exits out. Is anybody else with this problem using the Verizon i920?

Thanks, looking forward to using this

Guest Hiroshi.Rio
I am right there with everybody else who can't get it to run. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, rebooting, clearing all memory... it tries to start then exits out. Is anybody else with this problem using the Verizon i920?

I have exactly the same problem with an unlock Omnia II.

All my musics are in Storage Card. So, after a HR, I've formated the card, put only 1 folder and tried to run the app. It worked fine, and it was the first time that I saw how it works.

But, when I fill up my card with a lot of folders, it doesn't work anymore. ;)

Edited by Hiroshi.Rio

Guest mistersfr

hello there ;)

and many thanks to Wes58 for this cool apps, it will be great if you continue the developpement :D

i just want to share that for me too the apps don't work for me.

I download it, install it and try it. The apps work and i could see the 3 database, then i open touch player and add some songs, close it and try to start again the little apps. It never work anymore.

i am using the last J5 rom with WM6.5.

Just my 2 cents

Best Regards

Guest Lukepok

I have exactly the same. Tried all to make it work. Is there any solution here? WM6.5, HZHIL2

Thx.

Edited by Lukepok

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest quintuscp

Hi, I'm new here. This is my first post.

It works like a charm on my B7610. Many THANKS!

For those who have problems, maybe your system is internationalized. If so, just modify in settings the real paths, if you are using an international version of WM your path names will be different.

Thank again for the application, it is really really usefull!!!!

Guest akusokuzan

i tried using this program with a small library and a large library... the small library worked fine on my 6.5 o2, but the large library made the player crash. is this app still being supported?

• 1 month later...
Guest wes58
Thank you very much for the program anyway.

With the latest version of rom JD1 you can select/add your folders to touch player and also delete unwanted one. So there is no need to use this application any more.

• 5 months later...
Guest danihe

The program does not work on my Omnia2 too not.

It seems going to start and, ultimately, it does not.

Is there another version? Or a solution?

Thanks in advance and in anyway.