AccDPad

Guest GunnarKarlsson

Guest CellManiac
How does it look in the setup program?

Could you please check the angle settings there, and test it using the "test-area".

//Gunnar

Yes, finally it works! What a wonderful program! I would ask to you one more thing: What are the others setting in few words?

Thanks very very very much!!

Guest GunnarKarlsson
Yes, finally it works! What a wonderful program! I would ask to you one more thing: What are the others setting in few words?

Thanks very very very much!!

Thanks for the positive feedback, it warms my heart (seriously).

So on that note, I feel a bit bad to point out that you can view such a short help about each setting by selecting More->Help in the Setup program. ;)

Please feel free to ask more if you want me to elaborate.

//Gunnar

Guest CellManiac
Thanks for the positive feedback, it warms my heart (seriously).

So on that note, I feel a bit bad to point out that you can view such a short help about each setting by selecting More->Help in the Setup program. ;)

Please feel free to ask more if you want me to elaborate.

//Gunnar

Yes, i've already seen that section but i would to have more detailed informations about those settings... I would know how those settings affect dpad behaviour (I'm not sure being explained well)

Guest GunnarKarlsson
Yes, I've already seen that section but i would to have more detailed information about those settings... I would know how those settings affect dpad behavior (I'm not sure being explained well)

Sure, lets see.

Sample interval:

how fast the background process should poll the accelerometer, less number means more cpu-usage but faster reaction time.

Time between keys:

If you hold the phone sideways the background process will keep sending dpad keys. The time between to consecutive keys can be set using this setting.

Turn off limit:

the background process will disable itself and stop sending dpad keys when the device is turned screen down, this setting will define how horizontal the phone needs to be for that to happen.

Inactivity timeout:

if the phone is kept still the background process will be disabled after this amount of seconds. To not use this feature, set it to -1.

Action Limit:

A action key press will be sent if the phone is moved sharply. This setting defines how "sharp" that movement needs to be.

quit process on disable:

the background process will quit instead of lying dormant in the background when it gets disabled.

vibrate:

a vibration will accompany each dpad key.

Backlight on:

sets whether the backlight should be kept on or not.

turn2start.

if the process is running and disabled it will be activated by holding the phone screen down, then turning it quickly to screen up, then a long vibration will be felt and the phone should be moved to the desired reading position during that vibration.

The same should be done by shake2start but instead of turning the device you just shake it until the long vibration is felt.

I don't know if this description differs that much from what already is present in the help, but its at-least a reiteration. Repetition is the mother of all knowledge...

• 2 months later...
Guest GunnarKarlsson
Hi GunnarKarlsson,

It would be awesome if its possible to simulate smooth scroll (kinetic scrolling) with gsensor !! any thoughts?

i think that would be very dependent on the application you wanted to scroll if that would work. I dont know if WM_HSCROLL message would work as intended...

Might be possible to send mouse down and mouse up to the active application instead of a key press and in that way start scrolling in the target app.

//Gunnar

Guest itsme_4ucz
i think that would be very dependent on the application you wanted to scroll if that would work. I dont know if WM_HSCROLL message would work as intended...

Might be possible to send mouse down and mouse up to the active application instead of a key press and in that way start scrolling in the target app.

//Gunnar

Great... looking forward for your findings on this... thanks for supporting this app... its very useful!!!

• 2 weeks later...