Huawei Cupcake Build Environment

Guest _Sebastian_

Guest David Horvath

Can somebody fingerpoint the right direction for me? I'll try to start myself on the weekend, but would like to make as small reinvention of the weel occasion as possible. Any hints, links, good wishes?

I'm even thinking if it has any sence to start working on 1.6/2.0/2.1, maybe it would be smarter to wait for the official build.

Guest David Horvath

I'm already confused. So we are talking about MSM7200A chipset, and Code Aurora branch(CAB). If i see it right CAB is developed for several chipsets, and MSM7x00 is supported. But only with Cupcake? Every higher versioned release (or how its called in GIT) supports msm7627. I dont get it, witch phone has this chipset? Not Magic, Dream nor Pulse. I'll investigate further.

Edit1: Palm Pixie and RIM BB Curve has this chipset. Only four phones on the market?

Edit2: and is a two core assimetric processor.

Edited by David Horvath

Can somebody fingerpoint the right direction for me? I'll try to start myself on the weekend, but would like to make as small reinvention of the weel occasion as possible. Any hints, links, good wishes?

I'm even thinking if it has any sence to start working on 1.6/2.0/2.1, maybe it would be smarter to wait for the official build.

Basically, get the 1.5 build working, go from there. If you hit any problems, post here because someone else has probably had them.

Guest David Horvath
Basically, get the 1.5 build working, go from there. If you hit any problems, post here because someone else has probably had them.

I'm really a newbie in git and android. Get 1.5 working from AOSP? Or the Huawei code? I dont see it through at all :)

I'm already confused. So we are talking about MSM7200A chipset, and Code Aurora branch(CAB). If i see it right CAB is developed for several chipsets, and MSM7x00 is supported. But only with Cupcake? Every higher versioned release (or how its called in GIT) supports msm7627. I dont get it, witch phone has this chipset? Not Magic, Dream nor Pulse. I'll investigate further.

Edit1: Palm Pixie and RIM BB Curve has this chipset. Only four phones on the market?

Edit2: and is a two core assimetric processor.

Code Aurora dropped the 7x00 after Cupcake, yeah, presumably because they either got their 7x00 enhancements merged with the main branch or just felt they weren't going anywhere. Either way, it doesn't matter as AOSP works on the chipset anyway - the G1 uses it?

From what I've heard/seen, there's no point getting a whole Code Aurora branch for 1.6 as none of them are relevant to us. chocolate-cupcake is most likely what Huawei were working with, as it closest matches our released kernel source, but we're using the 1.5 kernel with 1.6 anyway.

Code Aurora dropped the 7x00 after Cupcake, yeah, presumably because they either got their 7x00 enhancements merged with the main branch or just felt they weren't going anywhere. Either way, it doesn't matter as AOSP works on the chipset anyway - the G1 uses it?

From what I've heard/seen, there's no point getting a whole Code Aurora branch for 1.6 as none of them are relevant to us. chocolate-cupcake is most likely what Huawei were working with, as it closest matches our released kernel source, but we're using the 1.5 kernel with 1.6 anyway.

Sounds like they did. I reckon we should get the G1 kernel, modify it and build 2.0 with it, then add all the rest in. Might update later =] Gotta go out.