How to make the pulse's screen more responsive

Guest phucte

Guest channi3
I will be posting picture of what I done soon ;) , hope you found this useful

I'm trying to get this theory to work on my pulse but its not successful at all. I need more pics lol.

Try the usb cable 1st , as this does the same thing as the foil , with out cutting anything ;)

If that works for you and you like the resluts then go on to the foil

Guest channi3
Try the usb cable 1st , as this does the same thing as the foil , with out cutting anything ;)

If that works for you and you like the resluts then go on to the foil

I definitely see a BIG increase in responsiveness on the touchscreen after plugging in the USB cable. It works on any flat surface. But I don't know what should I do with the foil lol.

I tried a big piece of foil (shiny side facing the back cover) with a little bit of foil touch the usb slot, which doesn't help the responsiveness at all. Thats why I need pics :D

Guest speedme

Last Friday I was navigating with my Pulse in the car holder and I noticed that it just wouldn't react to me touching the screen.

When I took it out of the car holder, it would react again.

So I'm also quite interested in a solution where the Pulse would react in any circumstance (read : not having to touch the phone itself).

Last Friday I was navigating with my Pulse in the car holder and I noticed that it just wouldn't react to me touching the screen.

When I took it out of the car holder, it would react again.

So I'm also quite interested in a solution where the Pulse would react in any circumstance (read : not having to touch the phone itself).

While using the phone in the car holder plug in the usb cable into the phone........ :(

This should make the phone more responsive whlie in the car holder and charge your phone if you have a usb changer in your car

Thats why I need pics

I will post pics when i find my camara :D very soon ;)

Edited by phucte

O ok so here my guide since I got some time to do it now..... :D

This is what i've done to try to make the pulse more responsive while in the hand , so before you do this try using the phone without the back cover for a while , do you see the screen getting more responsive?

If not don't try this :lol: (also if you heavly rely on GPS) as it will give the same sort of responsive ness as using the phone without the back cover or pulging the usb cable or headphones

If you want to use the pulse on a flat suface then you could always plug in the usb or haedphones..

note : may affect gps abit , but is still useable.. :D

Get some foil bigger than the pulse and then sandwich it betweeen the phone and the cover and then push the cover up locking the cover on the phone

dscf4066.jpg

No mesureing needed , now you have a outline to cut :lol:

dscf4067.jpg

Cut the outline , leveing the top untocth , (where the ports are)

dscf4068.jpg

Now put the phone back into the cover and press down on the foil where the carram and speaker ports are , now you have a outline of them.

You can enither cafefully score around to make the holes (like i did ) or take the foil out and cut the holes

dscf4070.jpg

How you need to cut some foil away from the side of the pulse like I 've done in this picture , this should help gps singal get to your phone

dscf4080y.jpg

To make the link to the usb port (this is opionial becuase i don't know how much of a dirrents it makes ,however try to do this part if you can , if not just cut the top off and skip the next few steps about that.)

dscf4072.jpg

dscf4073k.jpg

How the hard part to try and line up the foil with the bottom of the usb port , the litte foil tab should slide/slip in in bettween a very small gap (my pulse has this , if yours doesn't it don't matter just cut of the tab)

dscf4076r.jpg

dscf4077a.jpg

whooa and put your phone back togetther :D

dscf4078l.jpg

Edited by phucte

• 1 month later...
Guest BigBearMDC
Did anybody find a more elegant solution?

I saw somewhere in the touchscreen driver the part where the signal of the touch controller gets divided or something like that with a factor that represents the size of any noice that could occur during the transmission of the signal.

Maybe this could be optimized.

I'll check that later when I have more time.

Greetings,

BigBear

• 1 month later...
Guest not so humble german

I installed Paul's/Bbears 2.1 rom last night - and the screen is perfectly responsive since then....

Guest phucte
I installed Paul's/Bbears 2.1 rom last night - and the screen is perfectly responsive since then....

yeap added that to 1st post :rolleyes:

Guest Stevos

That the screen works absolutely fine in the leaked and modded 2.1 ROMS indicates that the 1.5 ROMs are seriously bugged in this matter.

I had always thought this was a hardware / shielding issue.

Anyway, I stopped using the foil shield system as detailed here, as although it worked very well to improve the screen sensitivity, I was getting many more signal strength and connectivity issues on cell, wifi and GPS (even with the antenna holes, and even more cutaway than shown)

Obviously milage may vary, my phone may be particularly sensitive / faulty to this for some reason (TBH my 3G connection is always iffy, and wifi is not 100% reliable at getting weaker signals)

Guest phucte
That the screen works absolutely fine in the leaked and modded 2.1 ROMS indicates that the 1.5 ROMs are seriously bugged in this matter.

I had always thought this was a hardware / shielding issue.

Anyway, I stopped using the foil shield system as detailed here, as although it worked very well to improve the screen sensitivity, I was getting many more signal strength and connectivity issues on cell, wifi and GPS (even with the antenna holes, and even more cutaway than shown)

Obviously milage may vary, my phone may be particularly sensitive / faulty to this for some reason (TBH my 3G connection is always iffy, and wifi is not 100% reliable at getting weaker signals)

I think so too..

I've stopped using the foil now becuase the screen works just fine how ;) :( :( B) :rolleyes:

and I don't have to worry about gps being blocked :D

Edited by phucte

Guest not so humble german
I think so too..

I've stopped using the foil now becuase the screen works just fine how ;) :( :( B) :rolleyes:

and I don't have to worry about gps being blocked :D

gps isn't blocked by a bit of clear plastic. But the screen is pretty sensitive, because of the thin metal layer - if it is gone, the screen is useless.

Guest phucte
gps isn't blocked by a bit of clear plastic. But the screen is pretty sensitive, because of the thin metal layer - if it is gone, the screen is useless.

gps did get affected abit by the foil :rolleyes: