How do I perform a Nandroid Restore?

Guest TylerDurdenK

Guest lemmingzappa
do a nandroid+EXT or a BART, then partition your sd card and restore, it will solve this problem easily :)

I'm really confused :)

This isnt my thread, I was just asking about the lifetime expentancy issue with using EXT4 :)

EDIT: or did you mean this would stop my card from dying over time ?

Edited by lemmingzappa

Guest iceman3co

I tried to rename the file to the original with the HT file to no avail. i didn't think it would work anyway since i tried to do anther backup and recovery without changing anything to no avail.

do a nandroid+EXT or a BART, then partition your sd card and restore, it will solve this problem easily :)

sorry to be a newb, could you explain how to do this? battery life in the modaco ROM drains the battery from a full change to nothing in about 7 hours for me on the N1.

Guest lemmingzappa
I tried to rename the file to the original with the HT file to no avail. i didn't think it would work anyway since i tried to do anther backup and recovery without changing anything to no avail.

sorry to be a newb, could you explain how to do this? battery life in the modaco ROM drains the battery from a full change to nothing in about 7 hours for me on the N1.

Those things can be done from the Amon RA Recovery (if you have it installed) when turning on the phone holding power + home.

Guest iceman3co

to give you all an update. i was never able to restore my previous backup. i tried shenshang's advice and partitioned my sdcard. i made a 1024MB (i assume its EXT4), a 512MB SWAP and the rest is FAT32 on an 8GB card (tell me if my partitions are a bit extravagant). after i partitioned the sdcard i was able to backup and restore my phone. with the help of the stock firmware from XDA Developers forum. i then flashed my phone (after a nand backup) to the cryogen ROM. after the flash, my phone works beautifully!! (wired and wireless tether is awesom!!!)

To solve my battery issue of only lasting 5 - 7 hours, i wiped my battery stats via the recovery program and now i am getting about 2 days of battery with normal use.

Thanks for all of you help!!

Edited by iceman3co

• 1 month later...
Guest mazique911
to give you all an update. i was never able to restore my previous backup. i tried shenshang's advice and partitioned my sdcard. i made a 1024MB (i assume its EXT4), a 512MB SWAP and the rest is FAT32 on an 8GB card (tell me if my partitions are a bit extravagant). after i partitioned the sdcard i was able to backup and restore my phone. with the help of the stock firmware from XDA Developers forum. i then flashed my phone (after a nand backup) to the cryogen ROM. after the flash, my phone works beautifully!! (wired and wireless tether is awesom!!!)

To solve my battery issue of only lasting 5 - 7 hours, i wiped my battery stats via the recovery program and now i am getting about 2 days of battery with normal use.

Thanks for all of you help!!

just press rename on the folder but dont rename them then your good your phone need to see the cange so make sure your in recovery mode using usb toggle works for me on nexus one..... no wipe or partition. and your good.. i came for alpha 10 sense desire rom