Rom dumped from update.

Guest Steel Reign

Guest Tony_vegas
Sort the OEMApps folder contents by name. You'll see most of the Opera files grouped together that way. Then just comb back through for any you may have missed.

only problem is i cant find anything that specifically says "opera"

only problem is i cant find anything that specifically says "opera"

Opera Browser.lnk

Opera Widgets.lnk

opera.gif

opera.png

Opera9.exe

OPeraL.exe

opera-armv4i-widget.dll

OperaIcon.dll

Guest Tony_vegas
Opera Browser.lnk

Opera Widgets.lnk

opera.gif

opera.png

Opera9.exe

OPeraL.exe

opera-armv4i-widget.dll

OperaIcon.dll

ya those are not showing up for me even after i change the option to show hidden files

Guest amdzero
ya those are not showing up for me even after i change the option to show hidden files

under folder options

-show hidden files, folders, and drives

uncheck

-Hide extensions for known file types

-Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)

Its easy with windows 7, I navigate to the OEMapps folder and type in opera in the search bar (at the top) and it shows all the opera files.

Guest maldonj1

anyone else try to apply the verizon update and get stuck at 31%? this is my second Omnia and the second time its happened using seperate downloads and PC's

disconnected usb cable and went into the emergency repair tool, sitting at 31% again, WTF is the phenomenon that happens at 31%!.

flashed the 23518 rom using octans, has anyone successfully flashed the upgrade using the verizon tool? im trying to get back to stock since i dont want to resinstall everything i also cant shut down the phone

Edited by maldonj1

Guest compnird
anyone else try to apply the verizon update and get stuck at 31%? this is my second Omnia and the second time its happened using seperate downloads and PC's

disconnected usb cable and went into the emergency repair tool, sitting at 31% again, WTF is the phenomenon that happens at 31%!.

flashed the 23518 rom using octans, too many errors for me since i use the phone for work, has anyone successfully flashed the upgrade using the verizon tool?

I had no issue using the Verizon update. It flashed the phone without a hitch and did exactly what it was supposed to and improved my call performance. Make sure you;

1. grab the correct version for your OS (Vista version doesn't work on and XP system and vise versa).

2. Make sure you can hotsync your phone with Activesync before you attempt to flash it.

3. do not use a hub or docking station USB port. Always use a USB port on the computer itself when flashing.

4. Use the right MicroUSB cable. I have several MicroUSB devices and none of their cables work correctly with my Omnia2, Use the one that came in the box. (Pretty sure it's a 6pin micro instead of some that are 4 pin but I am no expert).

5. If all else fails take it to the VZW store.

Lastly but not least, don't flash unless you are having issues with your radio dropping calls. That is the only thing the official update fixes.

Guest JohnJayJrV
I had no issue using the Verizon update. It flashed the phone without a hitch and did exactly what it was supposed to and improved my call performance. Make sure you;

1. grab the correct version for your OS (Vista version doesn't work on and XP system and vise versa).

2. Make sure you can hotsync your phone with Activesync before you attempt to flash it.

3. do not use a hub or docking station USB port. Always use a USB port on the computer itself when flashing.

4. Use the right MicroUSB cable. I have several MicroUSB devices and none of their cables work correctly with my Omnia2, Use the one that came in the box. (Pretty sure it's a 6pin micro instead of some that are 4 pin but I am no expert).

Lastly but not least, don't flash unless you are having issues with your radio dropping calls. That is the only thing the official update fixes.

When flashing these custom roms, does the original MicroUSB cable need to be used? I hvae that one at home and have a generic one here at work...

jv

Guest maldonj1

thank you for the in depth reply!, at home i was using windows 7 x64 and it stuck, now im at work on a vista machine. I am on a docking station is the only thing i can think of, going to make sure ive got the correct vista updater and try again.

update: moved cable to laptop USB port, reconfigured mobile device center and synched, reflashing... 29%, 30%, 31%, ...:) seriously, how is this even possible, i must have flashed my omnia 1 at least 80 times without a hitch and now this garbage... i'm not sure what order the parts install but the first part gets written fine then right at the end of the second part which is 31% it just stops writing.

also just noticed after having to flash to the custom rom, when i power my phone off i see a message that says no charging Image, download CSC Binary, i know its charging so i guess the little battery image is missing.

Ok so im liking the new 6.5.3 custom rom but cant get contacts to work, dont really care as i never use them but since the button is there im forced to click it, anyone know how i can remap it in the registry? also anyone able to get MS3.5 working on this new rom? the install is unsuccessful whether i install it from .exe or from cab

Edited by maldonj1

Guest maldonj1
@ maldonj1n queston did you have your sd card in when you flashed it. and are you using windows 7

yes the first time, yes to both, but yesterday i was using windows vista 32bit and sd card installed, then i removed it and tried flashing but still stuck at 31%, and i just found a factory rom before the update from xda and flashed it no problem, then tried to install the samsung update and BAM, stopped at 31%.

i wonder if anyone can install the upgrade remove the verizon crap and nothing else, then cook that rom as a safety net or something we can flash back to.

Edited by maldonj1

Guest yardi4life

Well, after days of trying to get Octans to work, sadly to say I gave on the phone. Sucks, cause the phone started to grow on me. So with a heavy heart i brought the phone back the VZW as defective....

Got a new one, went home... did another dump... and flashed the phone no problem. IT WASN'T ME. IT WAS THe DAWN PHONE.

I have Storage Memory up to 279.8MB with 46.05MB used. Program Memory 140.7MB with 92.05mb free after the phone boots.

Removed:

Opera, Touch Wiz, Cube, Widgets, Smart Search, RSS Reader, Windows Live, Facebook, Net 2.0,File, Manager, VZW Apps, Bing, Main Menu, SMS Retry, MP3.

Still going through the OEM with fine tooth comb. There are png, wav, xml test program, XT9 (if u think swype is the greatest) that can be removed. About 10mb and much more if you get rid of all samsung apps.

Thanks Wozzer for the kitchen.

I'm working on 28217... going to sleep.. its 3:30am

Edited by yardi4life

Guest Ninja4Hire

Quick question... Does anyone know where "welcomehead.192.png" is located in the kitchen? I am trying to replace it with Sparta's Windows 7 splash screen in my rom, but I can't find it. I tried just cooking the cab in, but it give an error saying the file is already located in the dump.

EDIT: Nevermind. Found it in "SYS\Redist_dpi_192_resh_480_resv_800"

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest WoZZeR999

Hey, I'm working on the XIP porting function for the Kitchen. I'm just trying out some new scripts, and I'll post a test 100% stock rom for who ever wants to try it in a bit. If it works, I'll pack up and release version 1.1 of the kitchen.

Guest gergenhime
Hey, I'm working on the XIP porting function for the Kitchen. I'm just trying out some new scripts, and I'll post a test 100% stock rom for who ever wants to try it in a bit. If it works, I'll pack up and release version 1.1 of the kitchen.

Hey man, not sure how long ago you posted this but i'll be up on this oilfield location all night ready to test the rom whenever you get it posted...thanks for all of your hard work Wozzer

• 3 months later...
Guest Rob Storm
got my 02 ill be messing with this phone for a while ill see what i can come up with!!!

I'm here too bro... just got my O2 in. Still have an i910 as well. Thinking about upgrading the i910 to an Incredible. Let's see if we cant get together and compare notes on the i920.

Rob

Guest amdzero
I'm here too bro... just got my O2 in. Still have an i910 as well. Thinking about upgrading the i910 to an Incredible. Let's see if we cant get together and compare notes on the i920.

Rob

Glad to see you are on board. I used many of your i910 ROMs before I jumped ship to the O2.