New rom !! Acer Liquid 1.008.00 EMEA GEN1

Guest lucian785

Guest thongrim

I also flashed my liquid to this ROM. I have noticed the improvement in touchscreen sensitivity. I also noticed a short delay when pressing the unlock button, before the unlock screen comes up.

Any hint to solve that issue?

Hi, thanks for the report;

I was suspecting that Android 2.x was no big upgrade from 1.x

I was even happy enough with 1.5 :)

Agreed that on see pix on the interner, the Nexus looks sexier

I would have loved seeing Acer spec under Motorola's Droid/Milestone hardware, would have been a dream to me

I'm fine with the acer getting better and better and ... agreed, it's an underrated device IMHO B)

The ACER looks huge but when you put them side by side there is very little difference ... HTC have done an Apple and disguised the size superbly.

In fact the ACER can squeeze into the Nexus slip case although its a little more snug. Excuse greasy fingerprint ... biscuits !

post-621234-1263313992_thumb.jpg

I can't believe the Acer hasn't made much more of a splash in the Android world, it is a great device.

Guest three_pineapples
I can't believe the Acer hasn't made much more of a splash in the Android world, it is a great device.

It is great but i think most people pass it up because acer has a reputation for making average products with almost zero support :)

So is it easy to upgrade? Bit worried that someone has probably bricked their phone a few pages back...I assume pressing the power button during a flash is a bad idea! Progress bar of how the flash is doing would be in the Acer flash tool right rather than on the screen of the liquid?

It is great but i think most people pass it up because acer has a reputation for making average products with almost zero support :)

So is it easy to upgrade? Bit worried that someone has probably bricked their phone a few pages back...I assume pressing the power button during a flash is a bad idea! Progress bar of how the flash is doing would be in the Acer flash tool right rather than on the screen of the liquid?

three pinaplles, the acer flash tools tells you when to remove the USB cable... untill it says so, "YOU CAN NOW REMOVE THE USB> COMPLETE" or something to that effect.... dont touch it!!! hehehehe B)

anyone losing their contacts on the phone?

I dond't know it its a general android bug, but if I import all SIM contacts to the phone, sync them with my google account and then reboot the phone, right after I enter my pin number and open the Contacts list, I see my contacts duplicated because all the SIM numbers appear magically there (SIM numbers appear with a SIM image in it)!

If I even edit the sync groups only for "my contacts" and sync with google, the SIM numbers are synced allong! This is very annoying, I ended up cleaning all my numbers in the SIM card to prevent this from happening :S ..

I had other thoughts to bypass this, but didn't worked too, so, is this a global bug or just 1.008 related??

BTW, I noticed in gmail contacts less one contacts than previous sync, but don't really now if I deleted one acidentaly in the phone.. [ Glad I exported the contacts before (: ]

Guest thenext1
I dond't know it its a general android bug, but if I import all SIM contacts to the phone, sync them with my google account and then reboot the phone, right after I enter my pin number and open the Contacts list, I see my contacts duplicated because all the SIM numbers appear magically there (SIM numbers appear with a SIM image in it)!

If I even edit the sync groups only for "my contacts" and sync with google, the SIM numbers are synced allong! This is very annoying, I ended up cleaning all my numbers in the SIM card to prevent this from happening :S ..

I had other thoughts to bypass this, but didn't worked too, so, is this a global bug or just 1.008 related??

BTW, I noticed in gmail contacts less one contacts than previous sync, but don't really now if I deleted one acidentaly in the phone.. [ Glad I exported the contacts before (: ]

Instead I exported contacts with vcardio with 1.002.03 and found the vcard file contained twice the contacts (the original one and a copy after in the file).

I imported them after flashing 1.008, and in Contacts there are no duplicates, but when I choose the recipient for a new sms message, the auto completion lists them thrice (!)

All this without ever syncing to google and having it disabled...

Guest dawabz94
anyone losing their contacts on the phone?

My contacts have been migrated are on google's servers a long time ago

And had no issue what ever ROM/device I used to get them back on the phone ...

Guest SwedBear
hi i am thinking of buying co-pilot. was wondering in the future if i do these rom flashes if i can easly reinstall the co-pilot and license?

You can deactivate the license from inside the program and then just re-active it again. Use CoPilot Central on the desktop to backup the maps you bought.

Guest dawabz94
Is there still some users who don't sync their contacts to google cloud? ;)

hé hé .. looks there is :)

even under symbian I had my contacts on google ... migrating contacts and calendar from a device to another is a pain I do not want to deal with anymore B)

it's all abt a personal choice

Guest natostanco

no problems if I upgrade from stock rom directly to 1.008? I have done the root and recovery stuff, how should I upgrade the rom? using acer download tool? with this software: after selecting the bin file of the tab origial image, what should i write in USB Port List and devinfo.bin square? and OS mode is bootloader mode? or just standby? What is Qcn file?

Sry if wrong thred but i'm a bit fused :) and sry for my engrish :)

This is a bin format. Someone willing to test?!

http://download.acer-club.ru/garbage/

First thoughts by drigerott "sensibility at border seems higher, root works and recovery works"

"Radio ver. 1.07.01"

seems to work good, seems faster and keyboard is more responsive, pretty much only probs thus far have been related to what i take from thread is its a russian rom so i cant get alot of my programs back :-( biggest reason cant seem to find backup pro from market but so far all in all everything else is good :-)

Guest snoopy33

Hi,

I ve just installed 1.008, and I notice that the little bug with the red light which detect if your head is near the phone on the right top corner has been fixed !!!

Is it the case with the new firmware ???

++

MB

Guest Neo Wong
Instead I exported contacts with vcardio with 1.002.03 and found the vcard file contained twice the contacts (the original one and a copy after in the file).

I imported them after flashing 1.008, and in Contacts there are no duplicates, but when I choose the recipient for a new sms message, the auto completion lists them thrice (!)

All this without ever syncing to google and having it disabled...

I have same issue. Duplicated name with one showed Android image and one with SIM card image. I synchronized contacts with google account, found I has duplicated contacts online too. I used the 'Find duplicates' function of gmail and then merged the duplicates. Then only one copy left. But the image still showed SIM card image. I export all the contacts to a google account format file, clear the contacts and then import. Synchronized, It's ok now.

Edited by Neo Wong

Guest snoopy33
I have same issue. Duplicated name with one showed Android image and one with SIM card image. I synchronized contacts with google account, found I has duplicated contacts online too. I used the 'Find duplicates' function of gmail and then merged the duplicates. Then only one copy left. But the image still showed SIM card image. I export all the contacts to a google account format file, clear the contacts and then import. Synchronized, It's ok now.

Same issue.

I deleted all duplicates (easy because I use groups, and these contacts have no group), but when I restart the phone, they came back...

I deleted again, hope it s fixed but not sure. Any Idea to stop the phone to automatically import sim contacts ?

Guest Neo Wong
Same issue.

I deleted all duplicates (easy because I use groups, and these contacts have no group), but when I restart the phone, they came back...

I deleted again, hope it s fixed but not sure. Any Idea to stop the phone to automatically import sim contacts ?

:) Yes, I found it came back again, now I use custom group name, and select to only display the custom group.

Guest llecaroz
To be honest Android 2.1 is not a massive step on from Android 1.6 :)

Are you sure from what you said ? one of the big feature appearing in the official androidsdk of the 2.x OS is the capability to log on Google App servers instead of using the undocumented previous client.jar api ! even for sure if you can use OAuth, ect.... !

By the way, users will not have to enter twice their google apps/gmail user/passwords but you will inherit of the security tokens & from what I eared, a popup will be displayed to allow granting a google app server application/connection to the user !

Trust me, programming security is a pain on complex client/server archictures even more if you don't have the googleapp login APIs & if you want to be full Google & not asking again users logins & even if you can write your code.... lot of constraints regarding user experiences in 1.6 !

That was really a asked features from developers... for sure... I suppose that you were talking about the OS architecture & std apps like the desktop management, ect..... ?

So even if technically,it appears as a small upgrade, regarding the user experiences & potential app development opportunity for them... not sure that it is a so small upgrade....

Now going back to the official discussion... let me apologize for this answer, but I feel that it was important (for me) to add a little comment on this. but for sure, that should be another discussion thread named : 1.6 to 2.x... a mandatory & big upgrade (not to poluate this discussion)

Guest three_pineapples

So i tried to flash to 1.008.00 today. It started doing it fine, switched the phone from OS mode to download mode and then threw an error about the commport being invalid. The phone is fine, didn't appear to do anything...

Any suggestions?

All the computers in my house are windows 7 x64...i that going to be a problem? :)

It did install a driver the first time it switched to download mode (com 18). The driver installed fine but the acer tool was unhappy B)

Guest scrap2434
So i tried to flash to 1.008.00 today. It started doing it fine, switched the phone from OS mode to download mode and then threw an error about the commport being invalid. The phone is fine, didn't appear to do anything...

Any suggestions?

All the computers in my house are windows 7 x64...i that going to be a problem? :)

It did install a driver the first time it switched to download mode (com 18). The driver installed fine but the acer tool was unhappy B)

I had this problem too orginially. Every time it got to that point, windows started searching for a driver and installed something. I finally removed it from device manager, started it again and this time when it went searching for the driver, I cancelled it and it kept going... done B)

I am on windows 7 (32), but my error was exactly the same as yours... com 18.

So my steps to flash is:

Install acer drivers

Run acer flash tool

When windows says it is searching for drivers cancel it

flash completes :D

Guest three_pineapples
I had this problem too orginially. Every time it got to that point, windows started searching for a driver and installed something. I finally removed it from device manager, started it again and this time when it went searching for the driver, I cancelled it and it kept going... done B)

I am on windows 7 (32), but my error was exactly the same as yours... com 18.

So my steps to flash is:

Install acer drivers

Run acer flash tool

When windows says it is searching for drivers cancel it

flash completes :D

Ok, so i did this. Unfortunately its now just sitting saying "Processing ~ Don NOT Remove USB Cable!!" and "Change mode. Please wait. [OS Mode => Download mode]"

Its been sitting like this for 15 minutes....what do i do? :)

Was your liquid in USB debug mode before you started the flash? (mine was...hope that is ok...)

Guest scrap2434
Ok, so i did this. Unfortunately its now just sitting saying "Processing ~ Don NOT Remove USB Cable!!" and "Change mode. Please wait. [OS Mode => Download mode]"

Its been sitting like this for 15 minutes....what do i do? :)

Was your liquid in USB debug mode before you started the flash? (mine was...hope that is ok...)

Umm, I dpn't think it was by memory... but the Processing part is right, but shouldn't be taking 15 mins....

I forgot to mention that i had to cancel that windows driver constantly..... don't ever let it do it...

That is probably what stopped it again

Guest three_pineapples
Umm, I dpn't think it was by memory... but the Processing part is right, but shouldn't be taking 15 mins....

I forgot to mention that i had to cancel that windows driver constantly..... don't ever let it do it...

That is probably what stopped it again

hmm i don't know what to do. Its been sitting like this for almost 40 minutes now. I did cancel the driver thing until it said driver install failed. Now its just sitting as an other device in the device manager.

Guess i'll unplug my liquid and hope for the best...But it seems like its stuck in the changing modes thing as before so should be OK *crosses fingers*

If it's ok, i'll try doing it when its not in USB debug mode. btw, how did you cancel driver install. I only saw a button to stop searching windows update. After that i just had to wait and hope it didn't install the driver.

Guest scrap2434

Yeah, I just stopped it. Had to do it a few times throughout the flash process. But everytime I stopped windows installing (searching) drivers, it just continued flashing

I would say that the acer drivers are installed, but windows goes online and thinks there is better drivers to install and updates your acer ones, so stopping it searching means it uses your installed ones already