AOSP Eclair 2.1 r4 for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest jnwhiteh

Guest J.L. Bloem

Cool, runs great, and everything works, thanks!

To be honest, i was hooked to the 5-7 homescreens of the HERO21 and Espresso builds. Any way to get more homescreens in AOSP 2.1?

It seems like you guys are moving faster than HTC themselves, hehe.

Cheers in advance!

Guest jnwhiteh
Cool, runs great, and everything works, thanks!

To be honest, i was hooked to the 5-7 homescreens of the HERO21 and Espresso builds. Any way to get more homescreens in AOSP 2.1?

It seems like you guys are moving faster than HTC themselves, hehe.

Cheers in advance!

Yes, I'll make it 5 for my next build.. unless people really start screaming for 7. If we can get the Launcher2 'working', that's 5 by default! It compiles and I can run it, but it's not usable =)

:) Hi all,

1. MANY THANKS

2. Camera KO, APN switch ON/OFF KO

3. Geolocalization (3G) KO

mmmmmm...waiting for some fix, I believe.

Though, many, many thanks....

Guest Revoked

Wow this is awesome, i decided to register and post to say thank you for the effort!

p.s. I managed to install Launcher2.apk and it doesnt FC, but the scaling of the icons is all messed up. But the homescreen navigation buttons work properly and the expose stuff aswell...

So for anyone wondering if the new app drawer would even run on a Hero, Yes it does and theres no lag! Too bad the scaling is off atm, probably due to the resolution differences mentioned.

Guest J.L. Bloem
Yes, I'll make it 5 for my next build.. unless people really start screaming for 7. If we can get the Launcher2 'working', that's 5 by default! It compiles and I can run it, but it's not usable =)

Cheers mate, looking forward to that :)

Guest Vido.Ardes

Beautiful work man, and so quick! Can't wait for a working launcher2 :)

Smooth as butter, and it all seems to work perfectly (cept the camera and network location, but there nuttin no one can do about that!)

Guest lecmmada

Does anyone have strange issues with the Market header bar? On the new 2.1 build that I just flashed, the header (where it says "ANDROID market" and has a shopping bag) has a tiny strip of grey at the far left side, and the rest of the background is colored white. Once you select an app to view more information in the market, the app name and "Installed" or "Free" part doesn't seem right on a white background. I've included three images below. The first one is a screenshot showing the header as I've described. The second one is a screenshot that I grabbed from Google Images (note that the header has an entirely grey background.

The final image is from the Facebook app that was installed with the Googlebits 1.2. It also has a strange color bar at the top. In the past, there was a blue bar that ran across the top of the screen. With this version, it's a partial blue bar that stops about a quarter of the way over. I'm not sure if this is related, and I may somehow be the only one who sees this, but I just thought I would ask.

e3c31758dd.png

a982ffef50.png

8ffa0715ab.png

Guest J.L. Bloem
Nice work!! TNX Jnwhiteh!

Some pictures =) with LIVE WALLPAPER =D

post-454458-1264108898_thumb.png

Somehow i'm missing the digital clock and date widget, that your homescreen shows. Did have it in earlier 2.0 builds. I flashed the Hero with Eclair 2.1 r1 and GoogleBits 1.2, and updated Googlebits with 1.3 a few minutes ago.

Guest gogicar
Somehow i'm missing the digital clock and date widget, that your homescreen shows. Did have it in earlier 2.0 builds. I flashed the Hero with Eclair 2.1 r1 and GoogleBits 1.2, and updated Googlebits with 1.3 a few minutes ago.

From MARKET download RETRO CLOCK =) and u will have =)

C:\Users\*****\Des

Enabling apps2sd.

Done. Please reboot.

Rebooted now and none of my apps showed up. Great ROM, gonna try it for a few days.

Where can I find the logcat?

Same for me "adb shell apps2sd on" command works in CMD but really doesn't, internal memory keeps lowering with every app install..

Great ROM by the way.

Guest Stea1thmode

edit:

Edited by Stea1thmode

Guest karumbo

Great stuff! :)

I have a problem with connecting to pptp vpn networks. Similar to the issue posted here: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=855

pptpd server = pptpd v1.3.4 (Ubuntu 8.04)

On the pptpd server I see:

Jan  16 20:38:46 server pptpd[30023]: GRE:  read(fd=7,buffer=1002149c,len=8260) from network failed: status = -1  error = Protocol not available
tcpdump confirms the ICMP packet as origionating from the android client. 192.168.75.3 = pptpd server 192.168.75.22 = android client
20:59:56.633952 IP 192.168.75.22 > 192.168.75.3: ICMP 192.168.75.22 protocol 47 unreachable, length 6
logcat on the android client reports
I/mtpd	( 3520): Creating PPPoX socket	 

F/mtpd	( 3520): Socket() Address family not supported by protocol

Guest J.L. Bloem
From MARKET download RETRO CLOCK =) and u will have =)

Hehe, i was about to post that i just found it on Market. Dumb me, thought it was part of stock 2.0. Means it looks good though :)

Cheers anyways mate!

Guest stripealipe

Cool, just going through this ROM. All working good so far, but weird coming from sense!

I noticed the integrated Facebook account options in Settings/Accounts & sync and this then takes you to the Facebook app that comes with the rom.

Signs in fine etc.

But one thing i've noticed is my girlfriend sent me an SMS not long after and now her Facebook pic is displaying in her contact info.

Is this something that's not quite working yet where the new 2.1 should sync facebook pics to contacts like sense does?!

Also, really want the Google Voice search. Where can we get te new Googlebits 1.3 from?

Cheers for the great ROM though. Seems to be working nicely so far :)

Guest Revoked

<com.android.launcher2.AllAppsView

android:scrollbarStyle="0x03000000"

android:id="@7F070006"

android:layout_width="-1"

android:layout_height="-1"

android:listSelector="@7F02000C"

android:drawSelectorOnTop="false"

android:verticalSpacing="10.0dip"

android:numColumns="4"

>

</com.android.launcher2.AllAppsView>

Is there any way to convert XML back into Binary XML?

Edited by Revoked

anyone know why i cant connect to network data when wifi is off?

i config the APN and still nothing :)

any help please? i really want to stay with this AMAZING rom but cant live without network.

Guest Revoked

Ooh on a Launcher2 related note! I just noticed that the Gallery app isnt drawing properly either! Perhaps the whole bad drawing is something wrong with the Rom?