AOSP Eclair 2.1 r4 for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest jnwhiteh

Guest Vido.Ardes
@jnwhiteh do you think you can fix GPS problem?

It's a very good ROM the better I ever try, but without GPS it's a problem

Whcih GPS problem is that? GPS works fine on my phone (cell based location doesn't work, but that is the case for all 2.0 ROM's)

Guest Jens Bergqvist
I have the same problem. Using su in Terminal gives me a "Permission denied" and no popup in application requiring root privileges (tested this with Market Enabler and Wireless Tether). I've tried wiping and reflashing but the problem remains.

Hoping for a solution because otherwise this ROM is incredible! What information can I provide to help out?

Figured it out. I flashed the device with the same version of GoogleBits that I used on KaguDroid. Bad move. Once I used the image linked on page one root access started working properly.

Guest jnwhiteh
I have the same problem. Using su in Terminal gives me a "Permission denied" and no popup in application requiring root privileges (tested this with Market Enabler and Wireless Tether). I've tried wiping and reflashing but the problem remains.

Hoping for a solution because otherwise this ROM is incredible! What information can I provide to help out?

Use my su and superuser.apk. Lox isn't building them correctly.

@jnwhiteh do you think you can fix GPS problem?

It's a very good ROM the better I ever try, but without GPS it's a problem

There is no GPS problem.

Figured it out. I flashed the device with the same version of GoogleBits that I used on KaguDroid. Bad move. Once I used the image linked on page one root access started working properly.

Thanks for reporting back.

Guest vorcigernix

Btw..I got some general troubles like occasional freeze, home rebuilds, slowdowns etc with r4. I did r3 to r4 upgrade without wipe. It's not related to my launcher hack. Can anyone confirm?

When I restored r3, it is all good and everything working better then real life.

Guest jnwhiteh
Btw..I got some general troubles like occasional freeze, home rebuilds, slowdowns etc with r4. I did r3 to r4 upgrade without wipe. It's not related to my launcher hack. Can anyone confirm?

When I restored r3, it is all good and everything working better then real life.

There is almost absolutely no difference between r3 and r4. Quite literally.

I've had problems with this in all 2.0 ROMs. Turns out that my APNs (Telia/Sweden3g) aren't included in these builds. For some reason it didn't work to simply add the correct APNs manually so I extracted the /system/etc/apns-conf.xml file from the HERO21 ROM and pushed it to the same location on my phone. The mobile network connection then started up immediately on reboot.

Thx, but still the same issue...Actually, I'm trying your method with the ChPoub's 1.4 (french version) and will let you know. Many thx for the advice.

Hi all,

Great rom, kudos to the developers....

I've been using this for a few days now, and it feels quite snappy.

I have a few questions though, wondering if anyone has noticed this:

- there seems to be no option to enable exchange calendar sync? only contacts and email

- no way to display unread email on an icon

These are the only two niggles really

Cheers

Ed

Guest vorcigernix
There is almost absolutely no difference between r3 and r4. Quite literally.

This is weird. I read changes, it doesn't make any sense. I tried to reflash and reapply google bits but issues are still here. I'll try to do full wipe next week. Good to know I am alone with this.

Guest vorcigernix
- there seems to be no option to enable exchange calendar sync? only contacts and email

- no way to display unread email on an icon

- there isn't. You can pay for third party, or use htc image. This is one of big android failures. And because of android development model, nobody is probably going to fix it.

- there is a widget for this, search market :)

Guest mkolonko

how to switch to the htc keyboard?

i installed cyanogens htc_ime.apk, but under the text settings i can not disable the android keyboard... is it possible??

Guest Stea1thmode
how to switch to the htc keyboard?

i installed cyanogens htc_ime.apk, but under the text settings i can not disable the android keyboard... is it possible??

as you're about to type a message, hold your finger on the message box, it should then give u an option for android keyboard or sense.

Guest TheRealMac

great rom, but i found another bug. Network Operator search does not work, I always get "Error while Network Search" if, I want to do a manual network assignment.

Because I life near the swiss boundary, this is absolutely essential.

Guest jnwhiteh
great rom, but i found another bug. Network Operator search does not work, I always get "Error while Network Search" if, I want to do a manual network assignment.

Because I life near the swiss boundary, this is absolutely essential.

It just says 'Error while Network Search'? Nothing else? No information from the logcat output?

@jnwhiteh: relating to the CID=unknown -Problem:

I compared the build.prop to other Roms and noticed some values are not in this one.

ro.com.google.locationfeatures=1

ro.com.google.networklocation=1

ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-htc (clientid => cid ?)

i wanted to edit the build.prop and flash it,

but i wasn´t able to copy the file into the Rom.zip.

Is it because i´m on windows? Can i instead adb-push the build.prop and reboot?

Thanks,

Maik

Guest jnwhiteh
@jnwhiteh: relating to the CID=unknown -Problem:

I compared the build.prop to other Roms and noticed some values are not in this one.

ro.com.google.locationfeatures=1

ro.com.google.networklocation=1

ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-htc (clientid => cid ?)

i wanted to edit the build.prop and flash it,

but i wasn´t able to copy the file into the Rom.zip.

Is it because i´m on windows? Can i instead adb-push the build.prop and reboot?

Thanks,

Maik

Yep:

1. adb pull /system/build.prop build.prop

2. edit build.prop with your favorite text editor

3. adb shell reboot recovery

4. adb mount system

5. adb remount

6. adb push build.prop /system/build.prop

7. adb reboot

Let me know if that works out!

Guest surfsmurf

Okay I just noticed something very weird with this ROM (r4)

In the game Raging Thunder, when you have your finger on the screen, the framerate is noticeably worse. I'd estimate the FPS drops by a factor of 3 or 4.

How can I help determine what's causing this? I have not tried any other 2.0 ROMS, but the framerate does not drop with MCR 3.1.

Guest jnwhiteh
Okay I just noticed something very weird with this ROM (r4)

In the game Raging Thunder, when you have your finger on the screen, the framerate is noticeably worse. I'd estimate the FPS drops by a factor of 3 or 4.

How can I help determine what's causing this? I have not tried any other 2.0 ROMS, but the framerate does not drop with MCR 3.1.

You can examine the adb logcat output to see if it gives any indication of what might be happening.