Rom Dump/Build Application

Guest wes58

Guest GTx-M.M
Hi wes and all community,

I have a resolution problem (little):

post-619680-1267571152_thumb.png

only in this screen i get this resolution which doesn't fit perfectly...I double checked in SYS folder I have all resolutions 480x800. Do someone know where it come from?

Ah, it's like this just when I use 6.5.x builds, with original Windows build I didn't have this issue.

Thanks

I asked a solution 4 months ago and I got it in XDA-Developers Forum ask in Da_g thread you will get an answer

Wes thank you for including Page Pool Value changing after changing the Page Pool to 6 mb I got awesome results :(

post-573803-1267697046_thumb.png

The base ROM IL5 and WM Build is 23529 and of course after installing several Apps the Free Storage Memory decreased the Free Storage Memory was 202mb and the Free Program Memory was about 95mb just sharing experience.

Regards

Edited by GTx-M.M

Guest wes58
i need help. after i run wes tools i can't find rgu file in oemapps folder. why? that file doesn' exist...boh....

You didn't write what you did. What rom were you using? You should have 38b19348-4733-495e-ab3a-3f3479efea44.rgu and 38b19348-4733-495e-ab3a-3f3479efea44.dsm files in oemapps folder.

Guest masci81
You didn't write what you did. What rom were you using? You should have 38b19348-4733-495e-ab3a-3f3479efea44.rgu and 38b19348-4733-495e-ab3a-3f3479efea44.dsm files in oemapps folder.

i installed secany's jb1 and after all customization, spb, reg modify, etc. i did a dump with dskdump.exe, after i used the file rom_dump.nb e with the tool i unpacked it, but no trace of the file u wrote, if i search in all folder *.rgu my result is 0. i try also with the MST from secany rom after converting it with rodrigo's tool but i had the same result no .RGU file in oemapps :-( i controlled in the folder for dsm file...nothing so also this file doesn't exist.

Edited by masci81

Guest wes58
i installed secany's jb1 and after all customization, spb, reg modify, etc. i did a dump with dskdump.exe, after i used the file rom_dump.nb e with the tool i unpacked it, but no trace of the file u wrote, if i search in all folder *.rgu my result is 0. i try also with the MST from secany rom after converting it with rodrigo's tool but i had the same result no .RGU file in oemapps :-( i controlled in the folder for dsm file...nothing so also this file doesn't exist.

Have you enabled in your windows explorer to view 'hidden', 'system' files?

Guest enrico988
I asked a solution 4 months ago and I got it in XDA-Developers Forum ask in Da_g thread you will get an answer

Can you point me to your post in xda? There are 1000+ pages in Da_g thread, and searching in there is also a mess :(

Thanks

Guest kibiwi
Can you point me to your post in xda? There are 1000+ pages in Da_g thread, and searching in there is also a mess :(

Thanks

+1 :(

Guest masci81
Have you enabled in your windows explorer to view 'hidden', 'system' files?

of course i enabled it. today i formatted my cell with jb1 first and after with ja1, i dumped with dskdump and then extracted with tool...but nothing no RGU files for toghether....i dunno what's the problem...

Edited by masci81

Guest kydkylin

it's strange that when I set the papepool to 8,the phone always gets freezon when I sync with pc...Does anyone experience the same thing and know how to solve it?Thx in advance

Guest enrico988
it's strange that when I set the papepool to 8,the phone always gets freezon when I sync with pc...Does anyone experience the same thing and know how to solve it?Thx in advance

I also experienced this when I sync with KIES, but ONLY with 6.5.x. (Windows sync does work).

No problem at all with 6.5 classic, but I can't solve on 6.5.x yet...

Guest wes58

Have you tried setting page pool higher than 8, like for example 10 or 12 and see if you still have a problem? I don't use this program so I can't test it.

Guest wes58

Added version 2.0 to the first post.

I think this will be the last version.

What has changed?

- changed the layout of dump and build tabs. I reduced number of options to select.

- added an option to Disable for checking for signed files and certificates so you can load unsigned files even during boot - thanks to information from cmonex from xda-developers website.

Guest enrico988
Have you tried setting page pool higher than 8, like for example 10 or 12 and see if you still have a problem? I don't use this program so I can't test it.

Tried at 10MB, result the same.

Thanks for your new tool <_<

Edited by enrico988

Guest GTx-M.M
Can you point me to your post in xda? There are 1000+ pages in Da_g thread, and searching in there is also a mess :mellow:

Thanks

Actually I tried to find the post but unfortunately It wasn't my post someone else posted the bug.

That's wired for me it work well I didn't changed any thing.

Same here when I change the page pool it freeze when I sync with PC, wish some one find a solution <_<

Thanks for update wes

Edited by GTx-M.M

Guest enrico988
Actually I tried to find the post but unfortunately It wasn't my post someone else posted the bug.

I tried other searches but still no luck, do you remember what file/folder should be edited?

I'm trying to find something related in SYS folder, without success.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Added version 2.0 to the first post.

I think this will be the last version.

What has changed?

- changed the layout of dump and build tabs. I reduced number of options to select.

- added an option to Disable for checking for signed files and certificates so you can load unsigned files even during boot - thanks to information from cmonex from xda-developers website.

Thanks Wes.

Am trying it out now.

I did notice that if you check Change PagePool size - it shows orig value in box - then

uncheck it and run build, you get an error: invalid pagepool size.

Looks like I will be up late playing again. <_<

Guest kydkylin
I also experienced this when I sync with KIES, but ONLY with 6.5.x. (Windows sync does work).

No problem at all with 6.5 classic, but I can't solve on 6.5.x yet...

Yes,I did try to make a 6.5.5 ROM...Maybe it's only the 6.5.x problem?I'll try to cook a classic ROM(only change the papepool to 8) as soon as the great secany releases a new ROM to see how it goes

Thanks for your reply.

Yes,set it to 10 and had the same problem.

I'll try your new version as soon as the JC ROM released.

Thank you again for your great tool!!!It's really wonderful!!!

Edited by kydkylin

Guest wes58
Thanks Wes.

Am trying it out now.

I did notice that if you check Change PagePool size - it shows orig value in box - then

uncheck it and run build, you get an error: invalid pagepool size.

Looks like I will be up late playing again. <_<

Thanks Gary. You found a problem. It happened if you select "patch disable File Signing/Certificate" and there was no entry for new page pool.

I fixed it and added version 2.0.1 to this and first post.

It also displays the message when page pool is changed or disable File signing/Certificate is patched.

romTool2.0.1.rar

Edited by wes58

Guest wes58
Yes,I did try to make a 6.5.5 ROM...Maybe it's only the 6.5.x problem?I'll try to cook a classic ROM(only change the papepool to 8) as soon as the great secany releases a new ROM to see how it goes

Thanks for your reply.

Yes,set it to 10 and had the same problem.

I'll try your new version as soon as the JC ROM released.

Thank you again for your great tool!!!It's really wonderful!!!

I just don't see why changing Page Pool would cause the problem so I will try to install this Samsung application KIES and see what happens.

It would help if someone could explain:

1. what rom version are you using?

2. what modification to the rom have you done (if you have any log files for deleted files, it would be good if you could attach it)?

3. what should I do in KIES to have this problem. I haven't installed it yet so I don't know what/how it works. So if you could tell me the shortest way (steps I have to do) to get to this problem it will be good.

4. do I have to install Samsung NPS as well. If yes, which version do you have?

5. what Windows version are you running on your PC?

6. do I have to have Samsung Aplication Store on my phone?

Edited by wes58

Guest slavke1976

Thank you for this new version of romtool to have option to change pagepool size. But i have an problem when i use romtool to dump win 6.5 rom ( official) to change pagepool to lower and when i build all is going well without errors. But when i try with 6.1 win, it always give me an error at buildOS, i dont do nothing special, all is on default, just dump and build rom with pagepool modification. What i am doing wrong?

Guest wes58
Thank you for this new version of romtool to have option to change pagepool size. But i have an problem when i use romtool to dump win 6.5 rom ( official) to change pagepool to lower and when i build all is going well without errors. But when i try with 6.1 win, it always give me an error at buildOS, i dont do nothing special, all is on default, just dump and build rom with pagepool modification. What i am doing wrong?

BuildOS doesn't know and doesn't care about page pool, so this is not a problem.

Go to your temp folder in the kitchen, and there you should have a log.txt file created by buildOS. Open it and scroll to the end of the file. There should be some information what the error is.

Guest wes58

I found a small bug with 'Patch - Disable File Signing/Certificate checking' checkbox. If you selected it and then de-selected it, the program still thought that the checkbox was selected. I added fixed version 2.0.2 to the first post.

Guest Gary Crutcher
I found a small bug with 'Patch - Disable File Signing/Certificate checking' checkbox. If you selected it and then de-selected it, the program still thought that the checkbox was selected. I added fixed version 2.0.2 to the first post.

Thanks! <_<