Rom Dump/Build Application

Guest wes58

Guest kydkylin
I just don't see why changing Page Pool would cause the problem so I will try to install this Samsung application KIES and see what happens.

It would help if someone could explain:

1. what rom version are you using?

2. what modification to the rom have you done (if you have any log files for deleted files, it would be good if you could attach it)?

3. what should I do in KIES to have this problem. I haven't installed it yet so I don't know what/how it works. So if you could tell me the shortest way (steps I have to do) to get to this problem it will be good.

4. do I have to install Samsung NPS as well. If yes, which version do you have?

5. what Windows version are you running on your PC?

6. do I have to have Samsung Aplication Store on my phone?

Thanks wes58!

Here's my report:

1.secany's JB1.

2.Change the build to 23542 ,which is downloaded from xpa;port the new xip;set page pool to 8MB.Here's my log as attachments.Just delete these things,no other change.

3.I just install windows mobile center in PC and use it to syn my phone with pc

4.I didn't install it

5.windows vista premium sp2

6.Have it in JB1 ROM,but seems it dosen't matter having it or not.

Wish it helps!

Will try your new version tool as the JC ROM released!

Thanks for the great tool again!

LOG.rar

Guest wes58
In my Temp foldr there is no log.txt file.

and builsOS said: Error last status: "Creating initflashfiles.dat..."

So it tells you exactly what the error is there is no initflashfiles.dat file and you don't have OEM_Lang_0409 folder (if you have different language you will have different number and not 0409).

This means that you tried to dump rom with language packs and it is not going to work.

This has been said so many times!!!

Guest wes58
Thanks wes58!

Here's my report:

1.secany's JB1.

2.Change the build to 23542 ,which is downloaded from xpa;port the new xip;set page pool to 8MB.Here's my log as attachments.Just delete these things,no other change.

3.I just install windows mobile center in PC and use it to syn my phone with pc

4.I didn't install it

5.windows vista premium sp2

6.Have it in JB1 ROM,but seems it dosen't matter having it or not.

Wish it helps!

Will try your new version tool as the JC ROM released!

Thanks for the great tool again!

Ok, so I did the test, and you were correct the phone freezes when you start KIES.

And it has nothing to do with the change of Page Pool value.

What you have to do (it worked for me):

1. When you Build the Rom and EXTReloc starts go to Tab "Options"

2. Deselect "Move dllfirst(Lo)" (Maybe it will work with this one left as it was, I haven't tried it)

3. Select "Use packages.cif for reloc of IMGFS"

4. Select "Use flag L for IMGFS"

5. Press "Save".

6. Do reallocation of XIP and IMGFS as usual

Those changes in EXTReloc change the way modules are reallocated - packages.cif files is used for the order in which modules are reallocated, and modules with flag "L" will be left in Slot 0 (with the previous setting they were reallocated to Slots 1, 60 and 61, which I thought was a better option). For some reason Samsung want to keep them in Slot 0?

I tested it with JB3, OS version SYS_23544 and on Windows XP (I didn't want to load KIES on my Windows 7 laptop).

Let me know if it works.

Guest enrico988
Ok, so I did the test, and you were correct the phone freezes when you start KIES.

2. Deselect "Move dllfirst(Lo)" (Maybe it will work with this one left as it was, I haven't tried it)

5. Press "Save".

Those changes in EXTReloc change the way modules are reallocated - packages.cif files is used for the order in which modules are reallocated, and modules with flag "L" will be left in Slot 0 (with the previous setting they were reallocated to Slots 1, 60 and 61, which I thought was a better option). For some reason Samsung want to keep them in Slot 0?

I tested it with JB3, OS version SYS_23544 and on Windows XP (I didn't want to load KIES on my Windows 7 laptop).

Let me know if it works.

Seems it works now, thanks!

"Change Page Pool" not work for 2.0 and 2.0.2? but in 1.8, it work.

in 1.8, we need to select 'Insert new XIP' for 'Change Page Pool', but in 2.0/2.0.2, no such option.

Guest Gary Crutcher

5. Press "Save".

Let me know if it works.

Wes,

Thanks for testing this.

Gary

Guest wes58
"Change Page Pool" not work for 2.0 and 2.0.2? but in 1.8, it work.

in 1.8, we need to select 'Insert new XIP' for 'Change Page Pool', but in 2.0/2.0.2, no such option.

When you select 'Change Page Pool' it will change page pool value and insert new xip. You don't have to select anything else.

If something didn't work for you, you have to be more specific and describe what you were doing and what didn't work. You can also press Save MsgLog and attach the file so I could see what errors you had.

Edited by wes58

Guest wes58
Thanks!by the way ,ask question :can this tool dump&build rom for wm6.1?

I haven't tried it, but I don't see the reason why not.

If you are trying it let me know how you go.

Guest slavke1976

Hi, thank you for answer wes58, i am trying to dump 6.1 XXIG6 ROM, and when it is dump there is no OEM_Lang folder

i tryed also with other 6.1 ROM KC21006Lite and same there is no OEM_Lang folder, but when want to build rom and buildOS starts it stop in 2secnd saying external error and something like this. But with original XXIG6 ROM it pas almost all building untill as you said when it need initflashfiles.dat

so as i can tell this your tool cant build 6.1 ROMs

and with 6.5 works as sharm

Guest wes58
Hi, thank you for answer wes58, i am trying to dump 6.1 XXIG6 ROM, and when it is dump there is no OEM_Lang folder

i tryed also with other 6.1 ROM KC21006Lite and same there is no OEM_Lang folder, but when want to build rom and buildOS starts it stop in 2secnd saying external error and something like this. But with original XXIG6 ROM it pas almost all building untill as you said when it need initflashfiles.dat

so as i can tell this your tool cant build 6.1 ROMs

and with 6.5 works as sharm

Are you using the dump from the phone with original XXIG6 ROM? You should flash the phone with original rom and then dump it from the phone using Sorg's application. You will get rom_dump.bin which you can use with my application. Otherwise you are using rom with language pack and that's why you don't have your language folders and initflashfiles.dat.

If you try to dump cooked rom you won't get proper sys and oem folders using "Use PkgTool" option. You can try to select "Use this Application" when dumping to packages.

Guest Gary Crutcher

Wes,

I followed your instructions but did not Deselect "Move dllfirst(Lo)" and

I was then able to connect using Samsung Kies.

Also, I did not notice any difference in available ram.

So..I will start using those options.

Note: I did get an error msg:

Module "btd.dll". Flag "L" does not correspond to e32_vbase=0x10000000

Move the module to slot 0?

I said "No".

Same for "Btuniv.dll"

I said "No".

Bluetooth did work after I flashed.

Guest wes58
Wes,

I followed your instructions but did not Deselect "Move dllfirst(Lo)" and

I was then able to connect using Samsung Kies.

Also, I did not notice any difference in available ram.

So..I will start using those options.

Note: I did get an error msg:

Module "btd.dll". Flag "L" does not correspond to e32_vbase=0x10000000

Move the module to slot 0?

I said "No".

Same for "Btuniv.dll"

I said "No".

Bluetooth did work after I flashed.

That's good that you checked.

It won't have a difference on available ram, it is only how virtual memory is used. But if you run out of virtual memory you will get problems as well. By reading other threads, it is good to keep slot 0 as free as possible, but what Samsung is doing is allocates a lot of modules to this slot instead of using slot 1, 60, 61.

But if everything works fine, that should be OK, if we keep selected "Use flag L for IMGFS" and "Use packages.cif for reloc IMGFS"

Guest slavke1976
Are you using the dump from the phone with original XXIG6 ROM? You should flash the phone with original rom and then dump it from the phone using Sorg's application. You will get rom_dump.bin which you can use with my application. Otherwise you are using rom with language pack and that's why you don't have your language folders and initflashfiles.dat.

If you try to dump cooked rom you won't get proper sys and oem folders using "Use PkgTool" option. You can try to select "Use this Application" when dumping to packages.

Thank you, i will try with dump from the phone for 6.1 rom. When i did first with 6.5 rom i did with dump from the phone and it was working, after i did with KASTAN rom and it worked, so with 6.5 for me works with rom dumped from phone and rom i downloaded from Kastan, but with 6.1 rom i will try with dumped from phone.

only one more question, to dump rom from phone with sorg's application must be dumped on memory card or it can be on internal storage?

Edited by slavke1976

Guest wes58
Thank you, i will try with dump from the phone for 6.1 rom. When i did first with 6.5 rom i did with dump from the phone and it was working, after i did with KASTAN rom and it worked, so with 6.5 for me works with rom dumped from phone and rom i downloaded from Kastan, but with 6.1 rom i will try with dumped from phone.

only one more question, to dump rom from phone with sorg's application must be dumped on memory card or it can be on internal storage?

I always do it from memory card.

Guest Teflanzy

hey guy

i need some help

i tried to cook a rom but i got an error messege about the mainmenu.exe missing or not sign something like that

can someone point me to the right direction?

thanks alot

Guest wes58
hey guy

i need some help

i tried to cook a rom but i got an error messege about the mainmenu.exe missing or not sign something like that

can someone point me to the right direction?

thanks alot

Did you delete Mainmenu.exe from OEM\OemApps folder? This is Samsung Main Menu. And if you didn't delete LinkMgr.exe, which is is Windows\Startup folder it will come with an error about Mainmenu.exe (It is started by LinkMgr.exe after boot).

So if you deleted Mainmenu.exe, delete also LinkMgr.exe which should also be in you rom oem\oemapps folder. If you want to delete it from your phone, go to Windows\Startup folder and delete from there.

Guest wes58

Added version 2.0.3 to the first post.

Fixed a bug where new xip.bin was not inserted into the new PDA if only 'Page Pool change' was selected and not porting new OS xip.

Thanks to sinancetinkaya for testing.

Hopefully there are no more bugs... Most of them are the result of recent changes to reduce number of options during build.

Guest kydkylin

5. Press "Save".

Let me know if it works.

Thanks wes58!

It does work!

Everything seems perfect!

Guest Teflanzy

thanks wes58 for your help

--------------------------------------------

can you help me with one more thing

the text is very small which appears while installing something or if there is an error messege like the one for the mainmenu

do you which files are resoinsible for this?

thanks again

-----------------------------------------------

one more thing

if i extract the nb0 file from mst file using EXEcutor_2.7

can i use it with your tool?

Edited by Teflanzy

Guest Wilson@China

Hi, Wes

Thanks again for your great tool. One question regarding the XIP port, most of us is talking about porting new 6.5.x XIP into existing Samsung builds, but is it ok to port WM6.1 XIP just by following your steps? Why I ask this question is after readed Da_G's post of Virtual Memory session, I noticed the different way to handle VM in WM6.5 and WM6.1. (Read a whole day and is almost getting lost:P)

PS: since your tool had upgraded to V2.0.3, are the steps still same as before you stated?

Guest wes58
thanks wes58 for your help

--------------------------------------------

can you help me with one more thing

the text is very small which appears while installing something or if there is an error messege like the one for the mainmenu

do you which files are resoinsible for this?

thanks again

-----------------------------------------------

one more thing

if i extract the nb0 file from mst file using EXEcutor_2.7

can i use it with your tool?

If the text is small you have to go through the settings menu and you will find an option to change text size.

I said it a few times before: DON'T USE MST FILES BECAUSE THEY HAVE LANGUAGE PACKS AND YOU CAN'T BUILD THE ROM OUT OF THEM.

Guest wes58
Hi, Wes

Thanks again for your great tool. One question regarding the XIP port, most of us is talking about porting new 6.5.x XIP into existing Samsung builds, but is it ok to port WM6.1 XIP just by following your steps? Why I ask this question is after readed Da_G's post of Virtual Memory session, I noticed the different way to handle VM in WM6.5 and WM6.1. (Read a whole day and is almost getting lost:P)

PS: since your tool had upgraded to V2.0.3, are the steps still same as before you stated?

The steps are the same.

As far as porting 6.1 it should work, I think I did it a while ago. One thing you have to change when EXTReloc start. Go to "Options" tab and you have to change in "Windows Mobile" section, to "WM 6.1/6.5 (Old NK.EXE. No support modules in slots 60 and 61)" otherwise it won't recognize your rom as WM6.1.