Rom Dump/Build Application

Guest wes58

Guest Wilson@China
The steps are the same.

As far as porting 6.1 it should work, I think I did it a while ago. One thing you have to change when EXTReloc start. Go to "Options" tab and you have to change in "Windows Mobile" section, to "WM 6.1/6.5 (Old NK.EXE. No support modules in slots 60 and 61)" otherwise it won't recognize your rom as WM6.1.

Hi, Wes. I am following the steps:

- When ExtReloc starts you do:

- - Press "Open ROMHDD+.VM+.ROM" button

- - Press "Import XIPPort" and xipport.exe starts

- - Press "ReallocV" in extreloc. On the Debug tab, you should get on the log list no errors.

- - Go to xipport screen and press "realoc P". Press "write maps" in xipport

- - Go to extreloc and double click on "physlast" number

- - Press "Realloc NK.EXE,GIISR.DDL,etc" button. On the Debug tab, you should get on the log list no errors.

- - Go to xipport and press "realloc P" again. Xip is now reallocated.

- - You can press in extreloc "Save ROMHDR+.VM+.ROM", but I think it does it automatically.

- - In extreloc drag the vertical white line to the left and press "Realloc IMGFS modules". On the Debug tab, you should get on the log list no errors.

- - Press "Save .VM and .ROM". Close extreloc

- Build of PDA should continue and you should get a new pda file

At step1, I got the error message: .VM or .ROM don not correspond to Version 6.1. Change Version on page "Options".

I selected the WM6.1 in "Option" page in ExtReloc as per your recommendation. And my purpose is to build a WM6.1 ROM with the newest OEM applications. How to continue, please advise.

Edited by Wilson@China

Guest Teflanzy
If the text is small you have to go through the settings menu and you will find an option to change text size.

I said it a few times before: DON'T USE MST FILES BECAUSE THEY HAVE LANGUAGE PACKS AND YOU CAN'T BUILD THE ROM OUT OF THEM.

ahh

thanks wes58

----------------------------------------------------------------

i managed to make a good rom

but the problem is with the language now

i need to manually add the arabic language software everytime

but when i use the original mst file with the arabic csc, the phone is automaticlly set to arabic

i also extracted the language packs from the mst file

is there a way to add these packs or just the arabic pack to the rom?

------------------------------------------------------------------

by the way

i always get this error when dumping a rom

((Warning! .nb/.bin file has no PDA header.))

will it cause any problem?

thanks

Edited by Teflanzy

Guest wes58
Hi, Wes. I am following the steps:

- When ExtReloc starts you do:

- - Press "Open ROMHDD+.VM+.ROM" button

- - Press "Import XIPPort" and xipport.exe starts

- - Press "ReallocV" in extreloc. On the Debug tab, you should get on the log list no errors.

- - Go to xipport screen and press "realoc P". Press "write maps" in xipport

- - Go to extreloc and double click on "physlast" number

- - Press "Realloc NK.EXE,GIISR.DDL,etc" button. On the Debug tab, you should get on the log list no errors.

- - Go to xipport and press "realloc P" again. Xip is now reallocated.

- - You can press in extreloc "Save ROMHDR+.VM+.ROM", but I think it does it automatically.

- - In extreloc drag the vertical white line to the left and press "Realloc IMGFS modules". On the Debug tab, you should get on the log list no errors.

- - Press "Save .VM and .ROM". Close extreloc

- Build of PDA should continue and you should get a new pda file

At step1, I got the error message: .VM or .ROM don not correspond to Version 6.1. Change Version on page "Options".

I selected the WM6.1 in "Option" page in ExtReloc as per your recommendation. And my purpose is to build a WM6.1 ROM with the newest OEM applications. How to continue, please advise.

What version of WM are you using?

Can you archive .VM and .ROM folders from your sys folder and from you new os sys folder and attach to your post. I will have a look at it.

Guest wes58
ahh

thanks wes58

----------------------------------------------------------------

i managed to make a good rom

but the problem is with the language now

i need to manually add the arabic language software everytime

but when i use the original mst file with the arabic csc, the phone is automaticlly set to arabic

i also extracted the language packs from the mst file

is there a way to add these packs or just the arabic pack to the rom?

------------------------------------------------------------------

by the way

i always get this error when dumping a rom

will it cause any problem?

thanks

What rom are you using to dump?

You should install original csc and mst file on you phone with you language selected then dump the rom from your phone using Sorg's application. This way you will get rom_dump.bin with your language selected. When you dump and build rom from this file you should have a rom with your language as default.

Are you porting new WM OS?

Edited by wes58

Guest Wilson@China
What version of WM are you using?

Can you archive .VM and .ROM folders from your sys folder and from you new os sys folder and attach to your post. I will have a look at it.

I want to use WM6.1(IJ1_CHT) Builds with the newest JC1(CHT) OEM. Here are the attachments.

SYS_JC1.rar

SYS_IJ1.rar

Guest wes58
I want to use WM6.1(IJ1_CHT) Builds with the newest JC1(CHT) OEM. Here are the attachments.

From what I can see, JC1 is not WM6.1?

So, you are trying to use SYS from IJ1 and OEM from JC1 (which is not WM6.1). I am not sure if it is going to work. I guess you can try.

I don't understand why you are using SYS from JC1 (which is not WM6.1) - that's why you have an error in ExtReloc.

I don't know what Versions do you have in you sys, oem and xip folders?

Guest Wilson@China
From what I can see, JC1 is not WM6.1?

So, you are trying to use SYS from IJ1 and OEM from JC1 (which is not WM6.1). I am not sure if it is going to work. I guess you can try.

I don't understand why you are using SYS from JC1 (which is not WM6.1) - that's why you have an error in ExtReloc.

I don't know what Versions do you have in you sys, oem and xip folders?

Maybe I didn't mention clearly. I want to use WM6.1 XIP and SYS, only the applications (OEM) from JC1(WM6.5 Build 21892 CHT). So I image I can do it through two ways:

1: Cook JC1 ROM by insert WM6.1 XIP and SYS

2: Cook a WM6.1 ROM and importing JC1 OEM folder.

I tried the 2nd method already, a big mess regarding the applications behaviour. But at least the phone can boot up. Now I am talking about the method 1. <_<

Edited by Wilson@China

Guest Teflanzy
What rom are you using to dump?

You should install original csc and mst file on you phone with you language selected then dump the rom from your phone using Sorg's application. This way you will get rom_dump.bin with your language selected. When you dump and build rom from this file you should have a rom with your language as default.

Are you porting new WM OS?

i am using the new original jb3 rom and using the arabic csc ja3

when flashing it works fine with the arabic language

the i dump the rom using Sorg's application and when dumping the rom using your application it gives me the error

then it dump normally and all the files are ok

even after removing some files and building it works fine

but the language goes back to english

do you have any ideas on how to fix this?

or is there a way to import language pack from the mst file and add it to the rom when building it?

Guest kibiwi
Maybe I didn't mention clearly. I want to use WM6.1 XIP and SYS, only the applications (OEM) from JC1(WM6.5 Build 21892 CHT). So I image I can do it through two ways:

1: Cook JC1 ROM by insert WM6.1 XIP and SYS

2: Cook a WM6.1 ROM and importing JC1 OEM folder.

I tried the 2nd method already, a big mess regarding the applications behaviour. But at least the phone can boot up. Now I am talking about the method 1. <_<

well I think the second method is better to achieve the goal...in oem folder of the dumped wm 6.1 rom I think it is enough to delete OEMApps and OEM_Lang_0409 and copy the corresponding folder from the wm 6.5 rom then cook the ROM and maybe it will work...not completely sure but this is the easiest way... :mellow:

Guest wes58
i am using the new original jb3 rom and using the arabic csc ja3

when flashing it works fine with the arabic language

the i dump the rom using Sorg's application and when dumping the rom using your application it gives me the error

then it dump normally and all the files are ok

even after removing some files and building it works fine

but the language goes back to english

do you have any ideas on how to fix this?

or is there a way to import language pack from the mst file and add it to the rom when building it?

Don't worry about this warning (it's a warning not an error). It just tells you that because you are using .nb or .bin file there is no header (which is in the .nb0 file), but the header will be added when you build your new .nb0 file.

When you dump the rom, what is the name of the folder OEM_Lang_0409 (0409 is for English). If it is arabic you should maybe have a different number after OEM_Lang_.... The same in the Sys folder, there should be a lot of folders specific to a language (for example Base_Lang_0409, AdobeFlash_LANG_0409 and more). What folders have you got?

Have also a look in ROM\XIP folder. There is a file boot.rgu. Check what you have in the lines below:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\MUI]

"SysLang"=dword:409

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\MUI]

"CurLang"=dword:409

You can't do anything with the language pack. One more thing, have you tried when you flash your new rom, flash CSC as well, and select your language in the CSC?

Guest Teflanzy

it is always 409

i used sorgs application so many times to create a dump with arabic language as the system language

but when i use your tool it always gives me the 409 language folders and in the boot.rgu

do you have an i dea why?

although when i just dump the rom and rebuild it without removing anything it will work fine

what i mean is that after flashing it is set directly to arabic system after booting and the keyboard is available

but if i remove some files from anywhere like an application QIK

the system language will stay as english and i can choose the arabic language from the language change in samsung settings

but the arabic keyboard is missing

--------------------------------------------------

btw

when i try to change the pda version it does not work

Edited by Teflanzy

Guest wes58
it is always 409

i used sorgs application so many times to create a dump with arabic language as the system language

but when i use your tool it always gives me the 409 language folders and in the boot.rgu

do you have an i dea why?

although when i just dump the rom and rebuild it without removing anything it will work fine

what i mean is that after flashing it is set directly to arabic system after booting and the keyboard is available

but if i remove some files from anywhere like an application QIK

the system language will stay as english and i can choose the arabic language from the language change in samsung settings

but the arabic keyboard is missing

--------------------------------------------------

btw

when i try to change the pda version it does not work

Maybe you deleted some files that you shouldn't, I don't know which files you deleted.

There are 3 keyboard files (kbdArabic_101.ppk, KbdArabic_102.ppk and KbdArabic_102_AZERTY.ppk) in OEM_Lang_0409.

Changing pda version, changes only version in the .nb0 header file (you can only see this version when you load this .nb0 file to Octans). When you check the version on the phone, it still shows original version number.

Guest Teflanzy

i will try again by deleting few files every time until i see which files i should not delete

thanks alot for your help and for your great tool

Guest Devil1978

In your kitchen you have included a tool named OEMIZER.

Its look like a very useful tool.

But what must i do when this tool has created the OEM-files?

OEMIZER created some files in the OEM folder.

But what must i do now?

In which folder must i copy these files?

Or must i only start your tool and your tool integrate the files from OEMIZER automatically into the ROM which i will create?

Edited by Devil1978

Guest wes58
In your kitchen you have included a tool named OEMIZER.

Its look like a very useful tool.

But what must i do when this tool has created the OEM-files?

OEMIZER created some files in the OEM folder.

But what must i do now?

In which folder must i copy these files?

Or must i only start your tool and your tool integrate the files from OEMIZER automatically into the ROM which i will create?

When the BuilOS starts you will see an option to add this new folder that was created by Oemizer to the build. You can select it if you want it to be included in the build, otherwise de-select it.

Guest wes58
hi wes58

if i want to add a cab to the the rom

should i use the Oemizer?

I guess you can try, it has an option of importing a cab. You could also use package-creator-v2.7.

You have to be careful with importing cab files, because there may be some registry settings that are created when you run setup.dll and you won't get it when you convert cab to package. Best way is to make a regisry backup prior to installing an application, and another one after installation and then compare the files to find the difference. You can then create a registry file and include it in your oem_xxxx folder where you have your converted cab file.

Also if you have in your cab file, files which have the same name but are stored in different folders (for example if you open cab file for FingerKeyboard it has different skins with the same file names), when you convert the cab to package you will only get one set of files. The other thing you have to remember that the files from your cab will be visible in Windows folder (because they are in your ROM) and in you destination location (like, say, in Program Files folder)

Guest Devil1978

Can i delete with your tool opera mobile 9 from the rom and integrate a the opera mobile 10 CAB file?

Which with tool can i make this?

Guest wes58
Can i delete with your tool opera mobile 9 from the rom and integrate a the opera mobile 10 CAB file?

Which with tool can i make this?

Of course you can delete opera 9, you just have to know which files to delete - you open initflashfiles.dat, find the section for Opera Browser and delete files that are listed in there.

As far as integration of opera 10 you could do it, but I think better option is to install opera 10 on 'My Storage'. That's why I use Sashimi to reinstall applications that I want to have on the phone after flashing the phone.

Guest Devil1978

I have a ROM Dump. But in my ROM i cant find the initflashfiles.dat.

And where can i download sashimi?

Edited by Devil1978

Guest enrico988

initflashfiles.dat is in \OEM\OEM_Lang_4xx where xx is your language code.

Guest wes58

And where can i download sashimi?

What rom did you dump? Did you get the rom dump from your phone first, using Sorg's application? Initflashfiles.dat should be in the OEM_Lang_0409 (0409 - if you have english rom) folder

You can get (and read about) Sashimi here: http://www.winmo-experts.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4

Guest Devil1978
What rom did you dump? Did you get the rom dump from your phone first, using Sorg's application? Initflashfiles.dat should be in the OEM_Lang_0409 (0409 - if you have english rom) folder

You can get (and read about) Sashimi here: http://www.winmo-experts.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4

Yes i did a rom dump from my phone with Sorg's application. But in the folder OEM_Lang_0407 is no iniflashfiles.dat.