Rom Dump/Build Application

Guest wes58

Guest fenixer

romTool in 2.2.2 I get an error in forming the room tells me the file already 723fb954-d931-4348-b672-82a188e587b5.dsmen temps as I can fix this?

Guest wes58
romTool in 2.2.2 I get an error in forming the room tells me the file already 723fb954-d931-4348-b672-82a188e587b5.dsmen temps as I can fix this?

I assume that the message you get is in BuilOS. What it says that you have two files with the same name. The file 723fb954-d931-4348-b672-82a188e587b5.dsm is normally in the ROM\xip folder and is used by BuildOS. Check you sys and oem folders to see if you have the same file there. You would have to delete one of them.

Guest indivx
Some time ago people were asking how to backup the csc from your phone.

I have modified Samsung application (a quick fix to test it) to get the files from the CSC stored on the phone. Although this application does not backup complete csc file (as one file) at the moment, you can extract the csc files that are on your phone.

I did some more modifications since this morning and currently the whole csc can be extracted as one file with correct header. The files can then be extracted from this CSC using my application.

I will have to modify my application to build the file with the proper 'footer' (end of csc file which has to be added). I am not sure how many people are there who still have original csc file on the phone and want to back it up, but I thought I try to make it work.

If anybody would like to try/test it and let me know if it works it would be good.

How to do it:

1. Extract the archive on you PC and copy the folder csc_bak on your Main Storage (don't put on SD or "My Storage"!)

2. Run cscGetFiles.exe from you file exporer on the phone. It doesn't give you any information that is has completed but you can check the content of the csc_bak folder and BACKUP.CSC file should be there.

The csc file, BACKUP.CSC will be created in the csc_bak folder on your Main Storage.

3. After that you can extract files using my application and you will see if all the files are there.

It shouldn't cause any other problems ... but there is no guarantee!

Added updated archive

Need some help here..............

3. After that you can extract files using my application (Which Application I have to use to extract files from the Backup.csc File created.......Please advise.

Guest everson
Some time ago people were asking how to backup the csc from your phone.

I have modified Samsung application (a quick fix to test it) to get the files from the CSC stored on the phone. Although this application does not backup complete csc file (as one file) at the moment, you can extract the csc files that are on your phone.

I did some more modifications since this morning and currently the whole csc can be extracted as one file with correct header. The files can then be extracted from this CSC using my application.

I will have to modify my application to build the file with the proper 'footer' (end of csc file which has to be added). I am not sure how many people are there who still have original csc file on the phone and want to back it up, but I thought I try to make it work.

If anybody would like to try/test it and let me know if it works it would be good.

How to do it:

1. Extract the archive on you PC and copy the folder csc_bak on your Main Storage (don't put on SD or "My Storage"!)

2. Run cscGetFiles.exe from you file exporer on the phone. It doesn't give you any information that is has completed but you can check the content of the csc_bak folder and BACKUP.CSC file should be there.

The csc file, BACKUP.CSC will be created in the csc_bak folder on your Main Storage.

3. After that you can extract files using my application and you will see if all the files are there.

It shouldn't cause any other problems ... but there is no guarantee!

Added updated archive

Why "CSCGetFiles.exe" tool generates the file "BACKUP.CSS" instead of "BACKUP.CSC"?

How do I convert .CSS to .CSC?

Guest wes58
Why "CSCGetFiles.exe" tool generates the file "BACKUP.CSS" instead of "BACKUP.CSC"?

How do I convert .CSS to .CSC?

Sorry, my mistake.

Just rename the file to backup.csc. You can also change it in CSCGetFiles.exe with hexeditor. Find the string backup.css (unicode) and change it to backup.csc.

Guest wes58
Need some help here..............

3. After that you can extract files using my application (Which Application I have to use to extract files from the Backup.csc File created.......Please advise.

RomTool.exe

Guest GanjaShelter

hi

i have problems or dont understand something.

if i will delete some files in "SYS/OEM Mods", i mark the files press the button ">>" and the files appear at the right but they dont disapear at the left side. then i say "add to lock" and he adds me the whole directory to log (all files from directory).

is there any readme or so? this one pds seems to be not up-to-date. some more and detailed inforamtions will be helpy.

btw im running win7x64

edit: xip\xip.bin will not be created. ive only found a file without extension named "xip"

k.r.

@.@Ganja@.@

Edited by GanjaShelter

Guest wes58
hi

i have problems or dont understand something.

if i will delete some files in "SYS/OEM Mods", i mark the files press the button ">>" and the files appear at the right but they dont disapear at the left side. then i say "add to lock" and he adds me the whole directory to log (all files from directory).

is there any readme or so? this one pds seems to be not up-to-date. some more and detailed inforamtions will be helpy.

btw im running win7x64

edit: xip\xip.bin will not be created. ive only found a file without extension named "xip"

k.r.

@.@Ganja@.@

When you move file names from left to right list using '>>' button the files that you 'moved' stay in the left hand list until you press 'Delete' button. When you press 'Add to log' the files that are listed in the right hand list are added to the log. The pdf which should be in the archive for version 2.0 is all information there is. You just have to 'play' with it and see what the results are.

If you haven't got xip\xip.bin created, but only file with extension xip, this is because you don't have a folder called xip in xiptools folder. So to fix it just create a new folder in xiptools and call it xip. If you read previous posts (a few pages back) you would found exactly the same problem posted by someone else.

hi,the guide 2.0 said:

dump csc:

If the file is multi‐csc, the csc files will be listed on the left hand side. Selecting or scrolling

through the csc files will open the file and show the contents on the right hand side. There is

no need for pressing LIST FILES.

but when i open a multi csc file(JD1 csc file,2mb),there is only one csc file listed on the left hand side,the language is Greek,

post-625091-1270904393_thumb.jpg

is it a bug?if i want build single csc of english,what should i do?

Edited by qq6r

Guest GanjaShelter
When you move file names from left to right list using '>>' button the files that you 'moved' stay in the left hand list until you press 'Delete' button. When you press 'Add to log' the files that are listed in the right hand list are added to the log. The pdf which should be in the archive for version 2.0 is all information there is. You just have to 'play' with it and see what the results are.

If you haven't got xip\xip.bin created, but only file with extension xip, this is because you don't have a folder called xip in xiptools folder. So to fix it just create a new folder in xiptools and call it xip. If you read previous posts (a few pages back) you would found exactly the same problem posted by someone else.

thanks very much!

sry for double-post, was tired and have it overread.

Guest wes58
hi,the guide 2.0 said:

dump csc:

If the file is multi‐csc, the csc files will be listed on the left hand side. Selecting or scrolling

through the csc files will open the file and show the contents on the right hand side. There is

no need for pressing LIST FILES.

but when i open a multi csc file(JD1 csc file,2mb),there is only one csc file listed on the left hand side,the language is Greek,

post-625091-1270904393_thumb.jpg

is it a bug?if i want build single csc of english,what should i do?

JD1 csc file is not a muliti-csc. It is only a greek one.

If you want to have a english csc you have to use a multi-csc from previous roms (JB3 for example).

Guest filougk

hi,

Whenever i try to build a rom from an official or custom dump (edited or not), at the end of buildOS i get an error. A raw translation would be "An external component threw an exception", in the build OS status bar i got this message "Error,last status: "Creating initflashfiles.dat" ". I use romTool 2.2.2 with default options and i get no errors during dump, what did i miss ?

Guest wes58
hi,

Whenever i try to build a rom from an official or custom dump (edited or not), at the end of buildOS i get an error. A raw translation would be "An external component threw an exception", in the build OS status bar i got this message "Error,last status: "Creating initflashfiles.dat" ". I use romTool 2.2.2 with default options and i get no errors during dump, what did i miss ?

Have you got initflashfiles.dat in \OEM\OEM_Lang_0409\ (if you use different language you may have different number instead of 0409)? Have you got this folder at all? If you don't read, previous posts.

Guest filougk
Have you got initflashfiles.dat in \OEM\OEM_Lang_0409\ (if you use different language you may have different number instead of 0409)? Have you got this folder at all? If you don't read, previous posts.

You are right, OEM_Lang**** directory is missing. I dumped from the official XXJD1 which comes with many languages but didn't found such directory.

Guest wes58
You are right, OEM_Lang**** directory is missing. I dumped from the official XXJD1 which comes with many languages but didn't found such directory.

As I said you should read previous posts, but I will write it one more time. Official rom .mst file has language packs attached to it. When you dump this file (using for example Pako's application) you won't get language packs. The only (and best way of doing it) is to dump the rom from your phone (after you install official rom on your phone) using Sorg's application. You will get rom_dump.bin which you can use in my application.

Guest fenixer

I have a question when I put new programs in the OEM folder to create the rom is good, but believe me then do not leave the shortcut on your site or run some programs.

OEM programs the CAB_Converter ago with someone can advise me of why I go wrong?

Guest wes58
hi

is there a way to koock a multilang custom rom??

ive searched but nothing found.

k.r.

No, there isn't (it probably could be done but it's not worth the effort). You would have to put language files in the 'language pack' and create a .nb0 file with the language pack which would install a selected language during flashing. You couldn't change the language on the phone becuase you wouldn't have your multi-language rom stored on the phone. Standard samsung multi-language file is stored in a hidden partition in the format of .mli file.

Guest wes58
I have a question when I put new programs in the OEM folder to create the rom is good, but believe me then do not leave the shortcut on your site or run some programs.

OEM programs the CAB_Converter ago with someone can advise me of why I go wrong?

If you convert a cab file to a package it's not necessarily going to work. You may not have some registry entries that are created during setup.dll (when you run installation from the cab file).

The best way to check if you have all the registry entries is to:

1. backup your registry

2. install you application from the cab

3. backup your registry again

4. compare both registry files and look for the changes that can be related to your application.

5. add all the registry keys that you found to the registry file in you oem application.

What is the program that you tried to convert? Maybe someone already has done it and can help you?

JD1 csc file is not a muliti-csc. It is only a greek one.

If you want to have a english csc you have to use a multi-csc from previous roms (JB3 for example).

but when i open the csc file with octans,i can choose the language,isn't it a multi csc file?

post-625091-1270949019_thumb.jpg

Guest wes58
but when i open the csc file with octans,i can choose the language,isn't it a multi csc file?

post-625091-1270949019_thumb.jpg

No, It means that you can select different language for your rom and it will run language setup at the end of flashing the rom - if you select language different from your current phone language (and if you are using samsung original muliti-language rom).

Multi csc file will have different files listed in octans and also if you open it in my application (in the left hand list).

the CSC build function in 2.2.2 do not work 100%.... sometimes it will report the CSC file is invalid, sometimes not, but the after flash the CSC file, there's no battery graph when charge without turn on the phone, and there's no download graph during flash the rom.

Change back to romtool 2.0.3, the same procedure to build a new CSC without such issue.

No, It means that you can select different language for your rom and it will run language setup at the end of flashing the rom - if you select language different from your current phone language (and if you are using samsung original muliti-language rom).

Multi csc file will have different files listed in octans and also if you open it in my application (in the left hand list).

thx for your help,one more question:

what should i do if i want build a single language csc file?

Guest wes58
thx for your help,one more question:

what should i do if i want build a single language csc file?

Dump files from the csc file that you want to use. It will create single language csc and and the folder with the same name which will have all the files that are in the csc.

You can modify some files, remove, add etc.

Then select build csc tab and select the csc file that was created when you dumped. This file is uses as a 'template' for the header and end part of csc (csc binary). The program will then list the files that are in the folder (which you were modifiying) press the button and you should have a new file created with the old name prefixed with the 'new'. But if you are not planning to modify any files in the in the csc, there is no point of building one, just use the multicsc and select the one that you want to use with octans downloader.