22/Jan 1.8 Beta 2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM with online kitchen - LIMITED BETA

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest quentintravers

Just installed the beta 1.8 rom built from the kitchen! First of all, thanks it appears to be working fine. However, the root ssh password is NOT on the about page as it was before. I selected the ssh server to be installed. Any clues?

Guest Totyasrác
Well, it is always mentioned that no wipe is required (unless it's the first upgrade from factory ROM to any custom one)... I'll may give it another shot and we'll see - if all goes wrong I can still do a Nandroid restore :D

Well, yesterday I tried to install this (since dialer crash was fixed) and it went smoothly, actually working nicely ever since. Without wipe :(

Thanks for the fix (and all you're doin' for us), Paul! ;)

Is anyone else getting odd output from "adb shell ls /" using 1.8?

I get

[1;34mcache[0m				 [1;32minit.goldfish.rc[0m	  [1;34msbin[0m

[1;34mdata[0m				  [1;32minit.qcom.rc[0m		  [1;34msdcard[0m

[0;0mdefault.prop[0m		  [1;32minit.qcom.sh[0m		  [1;34msqlite_stmt_journals[0m

[1;34mdev[0m				   [1;32minit.rc[0m			   [1;34msys[0m

[1;36metc[0m				   [1;34mproc[0m				  [1;34msystem[0m

[1;32minit[0m				  [1;34mroot[0m

Guest andy25hill

Just having a little trouble running with some applications on this rom. They seem to stop unexpectedly.

Google Maps (process com.google.android.apps.maps)

Wavesecure (process com.wsandroid)

Any ideas how to repair? Tried to redownload but without any joy.

Cheers

Guest david_dawkins
Is anyone else getting odd output from "adb shell ls /" using 1.8?

I get

[1;34mcache[0m				 [1;32minit.goldfish.rc[0m	  [1;34msbin[0m

[1;34mdata[0m				  [1;32minit.qcom.rc[0m		  [1;34msdcard[0m

[0;0mdefault.prop[0m		  [1;32minit.qcom.sh[0m		  [1;34msqlite_stmt_journals[0m

[1;34mdev[0m				   [1;32minit.rc[0m			   [1;34msys[0m

[1;36metc[0m				   [1;34mproc[0m				  [1;34msystem[0m

[1;32minit[0m				  [1;34mroot[0m

Now THAT looks exactly like the colour coding markup that I happened to see in a file in /etc/ on my cygwin installation today. Perhaps the shell you're in doesn't recognize the markup?

Just having a little trouble running with some applications on this rom. They seem to stop unexpectedly.

Google Maps (process com.google.android.apps.maps)

Wavesecure (process com.wsandroid)

Any ideas how to repair? Tried to redownload but without any joy.

Cheers

I don't know how you could have 1.8b2 - I'll guess that you're running 1.7. Force-closes often come from not wiping before installing a ROM (but you will only need to do this if you are switching flavours, i.e., from T-Mobile to vanilla or vice versa). You can wipe from within nandroid, then re-install the ROM.

Guest Totyasrác
(but you will only need to do this if you are switching flavours, i.e., from T-Mobile to vanilla or vice versa)

Well, I have seen issues when upgrading from 1.7 Vanilla to 1.8 beta Vanilla... Wipe helped a bit for the first time but still had some FC messages coming. Then I did a Nandroid recovery to good old 1.7, and reinstalling 1.8 beta (without wipe then, after Paul has fixed the Contacts crashing issue) went smoothly - still don't understand when I should and when there's no need for a wipe ;)

Guest flash2004
Today ?

The beauty of the word "shortly" is that it doesn't imply any timelines :D

It can be anytime in the near future. Thanks Paul.. eagerly awaiting future updates ;)

Guest helikopter

i changed to ad-free yesterday just to try this one out. i have 2 issues:

1. while listening to music through headphones when notifications come in (any kind of them: email, sms, astrid etc.) the music starts to play through the speaker for a moment. can't tell you how embarrassing this one is when you're travelling on any kind of public transport vehicles. it's not a new issue though, it first appeared in the mcr1.7, and seems to go on in this release. :D

2. wavesecure now automatically locks the phone when i go into airplane mode. it didn't do that before.

1. while listening to music through headphones when notifications come in (any kind of them: email, sms, astrid etc.) the music starts to play through the speaker for a moment. can't tell you how embarrassing this one is when you're travelling on any kind of public transport vehicles. it's not a new issue though, it first appeared in the mcr1.7, and seems to go on in this release. :D

This has been an issue for a lot longer than MCR 1.7 it's an issue with Android in general, is present in the original phone, and other non Pulse phones too.

Guest meinnit
This has been an issue for a lot longer than MCR 1.7 it's an issue with Android in general, is present in the original phone, and other non Pulse phones too.

Are you sure? I read comments saying that the original ROM didn't have this problem

Guest helikopter
Yeah, mentioned here, mid november:

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1111773

And here: start of november on the 1.1 rom http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...nes-plugged-in/ as well.

i can't find any posts that are related to the issue that i mentioned above. can you please tell me which ones you think of?

i'm pretty sure that this bug (music coming from loudspeakers fir a few seconds when notifications come in) didn't exist before mcr 1.7. i definitely would have noticed it.

i can't find any posts that are related to the issue that i mentioned above. can you please tell me which ones you think of?

i'm pretty sure that this bug (music coming from loudspeakers fir a few seconds when notifications come in) didn't exist before mcr 1.7. i definitely would have noticed it.

Oh, sorry, must be talking about different issues then.