[ROM/LEAK] Acer Liquid 2.000.05 AAP GEN2 ;)

Guest behnaam

Guest Ogglord

The acer tool works on one of my W7 64-bit, but not on my other one. So it seems to be an ocassional, call it random, error...

Edited by Ogglord

Guest luthepa1

Well I have upgraded to this ROM from being on the 1.008 ROM. One of the main reason I upgraded was that for some reason in the last week my battery had been sucked dry (go flat) very very quickly!

Anyway have upgraded and seem ok so far battery and all. One thing I can confirm and dont know about other is that this version DOES NOT fix the hardware key combination to enter fastboot mode. I had to use the trick Paul used by using acer download tool and interrupt it when it switches to fastboot mode. Then I did not want to muck around and so I flashed lickonn recovery image 0.3.1 and superboot.

@Drigerott: if you want to unpack and repack boot.img file then look at this Modding Boot.img Files You will need a modified mkbootimg and other tools which you can find at the end of page2.

Guest zycamaniac
i have 3 pc and 2 with 7 64 e 1 with vista x64... all works fine...

I got it loaded on a Vista 32bit, and found that all rooting and recovery image was gone, and I'm totally locked out of fastboot. So I went back to my W7 64bit machine, have it run acer update again and killed Acer update's process when Fastboot showed up on Liquid (If anyone want to try, fastboot appears after DSP code is loaded, so get your taskmanager and trigger finger ready when DSP is almost done loading). Then proceeded to load rooted superboot (normal one, not alternate), and Lickonn recovery image.

And all is well again~~~~

One thing I did notice is that on the other computer, at the point of fastboot a driver is quickly loaded. I think for some reason my W7 64bit desktop didn't do that and that's why it did not load properly.

Guest zycamaniac

I did some more testing on this ROM and found that it felt a lot smoother with the touch screen control, not just scrolling but also hand writing recognition quality and the effort required to make each stroke had become quite literally... effortless.

As for battery life, it appears to be more efficient as well.

Damn, I'm really not regretting getting Liquid instead of Nexus One...

Guest three_pineapples
Can any install Google Maps 3.3.1 on this ROM?????????

I cannot.....................

Are you trying to do it from the market? As i would imagine you should be pushing the apk to the liquid with ADB to get around any restrictions imposed by the AAP rom (its not EMEA!).

Guest navygino
Are you trying to do it from the market? As i would imagine you should be pushing the apk to the liquid with ADB to get around any restrictions imposed by the AAP rom (its not EMEA!).

The new map can be seen in the Market and just cannot install, whatever Market install/adb install/adb push.

But it can be installed in 2.000.03 ROM.

Would like to confirm if this is mine problem or ROM problem.

Guest luthepa1

I have installed the hacked version of the Maps.apk and I am on the new 2.000.05 ROM. All works except still no Voice navigation.

I not sure why but I manually deleted maps.apk for system/app. Then did adb uninstall of maps. then install the free navigation app from market, to which once that is loaded and you punch in your first address to navigate to it will ask to download the hacked maps.apk. Once that is downloaded you install and all done! :-)

Guest navygino
I have installed the hacked version of the Maps.apk and I am on the new 2.000.05 ROM. All works except still no Voice navigation.

I not sure why but I manually deleted maps.apk for system/app. Then did adb uninstall of maps. then install the free navigation app from market, to which once that is loaded and you punch in your first address to navigate to it will ask to download the hacked maps.apk. Once that is downloaded you install and all done! :-)

The maps in this ROM is 3.3.1 b3320!!!!!

Please ignore my question................

I must done something wrong!!!!!!!!!

Edited by navygino

Guest krumbalu
Well I have upgraded to this ROM from being on the 1.008 ROM. One of the main reason I upgraded was that for some reason in the last week my battery had been sucked dry (go flat) very very quickly!

Anyway have upgraded and seem ok so far battery and all. One thing I can confirm and dont know about other is that this version DOES NOT fix the hardware key combination to enter fastboot mode. I had to use the trick Paul used by using acer download tool and interrupt it when it switches to fastboot mode. Then I did not want to muck around and so I flashed lickonn recovery image 0.3.1 and superboot.

@Drigerott: if you want to unpack and repack boot.img file then look at this Modding Boot.img Files You will need a modified mkbootimg and other tools which you can find at the end of page2.

how did you interrupt??? removing the usb cable or what??

Guest amdnikos
how did you interrupt??? removing the usb cable or what??

control+alt+delete,start task manager,processes,right click on Acer Download Tool [single].exe 32*,end process.