[VIDEOTORIAL] How To Flash Omnia i900 & i910 on Windows 7, Vista & XP (Noob Friendly)

Guest mikevhl

Guest MimomaN

Thanks for the great tutorial man

in the last part you said :

" it will say "tap the screen to setup your device" on your omnia, do this. But instead of going on, wait ~3 minutes for your phone to restart by itself and present you the screen with "tap the screen to setup your device" again. this time continue the device setup and you're done. "

when " tap the screen to setup your device" appeared i pressed on the screen and waited as you said , 5 and 10 minutes but the phone didn't restarted !!

so what ?

i completed the setup and i didn't make this step , any thing bad could happen or something wrong ??

Hi when I come to the grand prix & I switch on the phone, i get an error "usdl has stopped responding...blah blah" & my phone starts up like it does normally.

BTW my first flahs & im flashing from 6.1 to 6.5.

Guest Mudvayne622

You should really slow down the video even more. Is the EXEcutor 2.7 program required? i have an i910 and i use winrar to extract my .bin file. is that all that EXEcutor is doing?

Guest mikevhl
You should really slow down the video even more. Is the EXEcutor 2.7 program required? i have an i910 and i use winrar to extract my .bin file. is that all that EXEcutor is doing?

Yes, I didn't know that that was possible on winrar as well :D and the program is EXEcutor indeed

Guest mikevhl
Thanks for the great tutorial man

in the last part you said :

" it will say "tap the screen to setup your device" on your omnia, do this. But instead of going on, wait ~3 minutes for your phone to restart by itself and present you the screen with "tap the screen to setup your device" again. this time continue the device setup and you're done. "

when " tap the screen to setup your device" appeared i pressed on the screen and waited as you said , 5 and 10 minutes but the phone didn't restarted !!

so what ?

i completed the setup and i didn't make this step , any thing bad could happen or something wrong ??

No that's fine, it's just that if you get a sms and the phone reboots very shortly after that, the sms gets lost. You won't have any problems at all :D

Guest mikevhl
Hi when I come to the grand prix & I switch on the phone, i get an error "usdl has stopped responding...blah blah" & my phone starts up like it does normally.

Hmm.. I don't really know how to help you out on that one. I'm sorry man :D You'll have to try it on a xp machine

Guest AllGulf

guys, EXEcutor 2.7 link is not working..

"Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again."

somebody can tell me where to get this?

EDIT:

got this: EXEcutor ___ [22.02.10] ___ v 2.8

here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general.../i900-executor/

can i use this instead 2.7?

Edited by AllGulf

Guest mikevhl
guys, EXEcutor 2.7 link is not working..

"Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again."

somebody can tell me where to get this?

EDIT:

got this: EXEcutor ___ [22.02.10] ___ v 2.8

here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general.../i900-executor/

can i use this instead 2.7?

Yes you can, thanks for the tip, I'll update my thread

Guest mikevhl

I have reinstalled windows 7 on my EeePC and am now experiencing the same issue.. very weird... aw well, I'mma give reinstalling a shot.

Guest fenobarbital
By the way, if anyone wants a english transaltion of anything I and other dutch members said, just ask! I'm here to help :(

I need ur help gyus!!!!!!!!

I followed the steps and in the first try it recognized the phone but it stopped without doing nothing.

I unplugged the started over but now i get the message

OnDeviceChange: DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL

PDA Device not found.

I brned my phone ??

Help me please i m desperate!!!!!!!!!!

Guest fenobarbital

I need ur help gyus!!!!!!!!

I followed the steps and in the first try it recognized the phone but it stopped without doing nothing.

I unplugged the started over but now i get the message

OnDeviceChange: DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL

PDA Device not found.

I brned my phone ??

Help me please i m desperate!!!!!!!!!!

Guest leunamme

hello,

how can i make it work on win 7 build 7600? the Grand Prix progress bar stays, "Waiting for Device"

and my phone just boots the normal way..

TIA

Guest shady_09
hello,

how can i make it work on win 7 build 7600? the Grand Prix progress bar stays, "Waiting for Device"

and my phone just boots the normal way..

TIA

Im having the same problem, how long does the whole procedure take?

Guest BeastleeUK

Was always wary of using GrandPrix on Win7 64-Bit after reading a number of warnings about it. Worked a charm with pdhee's M2Dv2 ROM I just flashed.

Many thanks for this as I'm now confident I can try out different ROMs without needing to bring my XP machine in from the car every time!

Guest leap_ahead
Install the vista modem driver if you can find the right one (works on 7 32-bit also). If your on 64-bit...it may work if you do an F8 and stop the driver signing on boot.

Once done, plug in omnia, let windows mobile device center find it.

Then follow the normal steps to untick the device so windows mobile device center does not launch.

Use the grandprix tool to flash a rom as described in this thread but also include the phone part you want to flash.

It will fail when it switches to radio usually and will then act like it is installing a driver, it may even say it fails....let it.

Then remove the omnia, plug it back in.

Try the grand prix again (i think i may have rebooted after the failed driver install) with the phone part.

It worked the next time around.

There is probably a cleaner way, but this seems to work for me on multiple pc's.

always i get jump fail on the radio .. any help ?

Edited by leap_ahead

Guest mikevhl
PHONE-Attempting to open COM 3...

PHONE-Create COM 3 succeed...

PHONE-Opening COM 3 succeed...

PHONE-Jump failed...

That's why I've excluded flashing phone parts, it'd give some major headache's <_<

I think you should really try a different machine.. or something.. why/which phone part are you flashing anyway? Because I don't know if you'll experience any speed improvements or something..

Guest leap_ahead
That's why I've excluded flashing phone parts, it'd give some major headache's <_<

I think you should really try a different machine.. or something.. why/which phone part are you flashing anyway? Because I don't know if you'll experience any speed improvements or something..

i want to update because Phone_i900PUJA1 is new ! ! !