Status Led v0.4

Guest Igor Alpha

Guest kkimber
Your request need to be researched. I need to intercept hardware keys. Added this to the TODO list.

What does it mean? StatusLed doesn't start with windows?

0.3 Installation complete but installer is not automaticly start statusled application.

1. run the manualy.

OR

2. restart the phone and windows startup automaticly start the background startled application.

No problem.

very nice app, really. Unfortunately it has a "feature" which block me to use it: when the screen touched it start the lock screen, why? The Lock is totally unusable to me, good for just hardening the device usage, so switched off always. There is a registry entry regarding this, can you check the enabled Lock usage before start the lockscreen?

Some suggested change:

- it is possible to draw the clock with 1px wide font always to see that the app is running?

- the size of the icons can be adjustable?

I think the best way to do this is to open a registry entry in HKLM/Software and all the possible options can be store there....

Guest surethom

Very Very nice thank you but can you set it so that is you tap the screen nothing happens, & set the unlock screen to unlock it, if you know what I mean.

Thanks.

Guest Igor Alpha
Backlight is turning off after 20s and the screen turns black after 1 minute.

Tell me if you need more information

I thinking, I found the problem. The suspend intervals reside in several keys in registry. In next app version, I would take shortest one. Probably it would solve your problem.

Let me add another thing: it would be nice if you could intercept the lock/unlock button right from the beginning. I always, or almost always lock my phone manually. Once it has been locked manually, the only time I see the Satus Led, is if I turn it on and wait until my backlight time is reached (or if I receive a new SMS).

I thought about such app behavior when started to code this project. But I decline it because missed events anyway showed on LockScreen right from begining.

looks like my battery drains faster. or do i need to configure after installing this?

No, you don't need to configure anything more. If program show missed icon battery drains faster than in sleep mode, but slowly than device in use.

In future I plan to add maximum time interval of missed icon showing, after such interval device would go to sleep.

very nice app, really. Unfortunately it has a "feature" which block me to use it: when the screen touched it start the lock screen, why? The Lock is totally unusable to me, good for just hardening the device usage, so switched off always. There is a registry entry regarding this, can you check the enabled Lock usage before start the lockscreen?

Some suggested change:

- it is possible to draw the clock with 1px wide font always to see that the app is running?

- the size of the icons can be adjustable?

I think the best way to do this is to open a registry entry in HKLM/Software and all the possible options can be store there....

I would try to add "No LockScreen" option in next release. Also confgurator app must be added, so we can manipulate settings in registry.

I don't see any sense to add the clock. Why? Also, why you don't like current icons size? Is it too small or too big for you?

can you set it so that is you tap the screen nothing happens, & set the unlock screen to unlock it, if you know what I mean.

I know. It's already added in future plans.

I don't see any sense to add the clock. Why? Also, why you don't like current icons size? Is it too small or too big for you?

clock: to see it is running and niceness ( maybe also the batt. level ). it is just for information , and I think it is configurable, so if not need, switch off the feature..

icon size: the battery drain depends directly from the area of the icons - smaller icon means lower drain...

Guest AthosTheMousketeer

Good work... Thanks for superb application...

But :-)

I've probably doing something wrong way - Is there any way to run application on background?

I'm sometimes using button "close all" in program manager and that's mean - I close StatusLed too :-(

And... If I can say a word :-) Clock and battery level shoul be nice... For informating, if program is running and, of course, for showing time :-)

Little and dark gray... Thanks forward :-)

Edited by AthosTheMousketeer

• 2 weeks later...
Guest manost
Is there a way to work with S2U2 lockscreen ?

I put it in the exeption list of the program but seems that StatusLED don't work. It quits with an error.

Greetings. Thanks for this awesome application.

I installed Status Led on my Omnia2 and it works perfect with s2u2 as soon as i put the program in the exception list. I have installed the last version of s2u2 (2.30).

So you can all give it a try.

Guest jacobgong

well in case you didn't know, there isn't a backlight in Omnia II. the screen is either on or off, there can only be a difference of brightness.

Yes it is an AMOLED screen and displaying an icon like that would use less power than a full lockscreen, but you have to know that it takes power just to display full black. my bet is that overall displaying an icon like this would not be significantly more power efficient than a full lockscreen with a dark wall paper.

I'm better off leaving it in the lockscreen all the time, instead of touching here and there.

Guest inllh
Update coming soon, at the end of this week.

Dear Expert,

Would you please consider 3 "flash dot LEDs" on top of screen instead of "random displaying icons"?

These 3 dot LEDs can be such Red, Green & Blue on behalf of Unanswered-call, Unread-SMS & Unread-mail.

Just the suggestion from an O2 forum in China.

Thanks a lot.

Baker

Guest Ender Psp
Dear Expert,

Would you please consider 3 "flash dot LEDs" on top of screen instead of "random displaying icons"?

These 3 dot LEDs can be such Red, Green & Blue on behalf of Unanswered-call, Unread-SMS & Unread-mail.

Just the suggestion from an O2 forum in China.

Thanks a lot.

Baker

Not a bad idea. A config with the (X,Y) locations for the leds, maybe?

If it's possible to make it configurable I suggest adding this:

Sleep for N seconds (0 for on always), then on for M seconds then repeat.

Eventually play a sound when turned on?

Thanks anyway!

Guest inllh
Not a bad idea. A config with the (X,Y) locations for the leds, maybe?

If it's possible to make it configurable I suggest adding this:

Sleep for N seconds (0 for on always), then on for M seconds then repeat.

Eventually play a sound when turned on?

Thanks anyway!

Hi Ender,

This is not bad too! A music to hint user when screen is on sounds great!

-- We're a party discussing i8000 every minute...

Guest DerUdo

Is it possible that the screen is still "turned off" and will not respond to touching when an icon (unread msg, missed call) is shown?

Today the phone was in my pocket and I had a missed call: I didn't notice that while walking around the lock-screen appeared, the phone unlocked and dialed the caller's number.

Guest Rondy

Great application!!! <_<

Could the application run in real background, so it is not shown on the tasks list?

Looking forward to the updates.

Guest Igor Alpha

Hi all,

v0.4 released.

Changes in v0.4 (8 march 2010)

• added: Settings app. Through Settings you can select lock type and control application state.
  • added: shortcut for Settings app in start menu.
  • added: support for S2U2.
  • added: support for custom lock screen. You can select lock screen .exe which would start/terminate from StatusLed. Perfectly work with WM 6.1 standard Samsung "Lockscreen.exe".
  • added: support for work without any lock screen.
  • fixed: work with short system screen off interval (< 1min).
  • now application settings appear automatically right after .cab install so you can select and apply desired settings. No soft-reset needed anymore.

Guest yshaikh01

Not sure if it's my device or a setting but, after an alert i.e missed call, sms etc StatusLed is active shows me the alert but after a while the device is off, is this the correct function? As if I have to wake up the device S2U2 is shown.

Any advice?

Guest Igor Alpha
Not sure if it's my device or a setting but, after an alert i.e missed call, sms etc StatusLed is active shows me the alert but after a while the device is off, is this the correct function? As if I have to wake up the device S2U2 is shown.

Any advice?

Hi, yshaikh01!

S2U2 is highly customizable LockScreen. Some S2U2 settings can prevent StatusLed normal work. For example, option "Lock when Backlight turns off" can force S2U2 to turn off screen before StatusLed become active.

Here is sample of my S2U2 power settings. You can try to set same options as me.

post-610200-1268207713_thumb.png

Guest Igor Alpha
Is it possible that the screen is still "turned off" and will not respond to touching when an icon (unread msg, missed call) is shown?

Today the phone was in my pocket and I had a missed call: I didn't notice that while walking around the lock-screen appeared, the phone unlocked and dialed the caller's number.

Not sure it's easy, but think it's possible. App must intercept only hardware Lock Key in this case.

is it possible to show number of miss call or unread sms?? it wound be great if you can do this <_<

It's possible, I can make it as option.

Could the application run in real background, so it is not shown on the tasks list?

It must be a major feature of the next update. I think application must work like S2U2. One small background .exe which would intercept system events and start/stop displaing black screen with icons if needed.