A Few Questions...

Guest AndyCr15

Guest AndyCr15

1) How do I put a shortcut on my Homescreen which links to the combined mail box? I can only see how I link to one mailbox :) (Also, can I have gmail in the combined mail box?)

2) Is there no vibration mode? I hold down power on my Hero I could flick it into vibration only. The N1 just has silent?

3) Has anyone ported over the 'people widget' from SenseUI? I used to love having them on my homescreen. Maybe there's a suitable replacement on the market?

4) Does no-one else use comma when texting?!?! Why do I have to go to additional characters to use a comma. I must use 2 or 3 each text! B)

5) In the news widget, how do the custom topics work? I would love US sports news (I'm in the UK) or more specifically NFL news. How can I set that up?

6) Does the N1 have no support for Groups in Contacts? If I create a contact I can't seem to assign it to a group? Also, I can't view or text people in a group :D Again, maybe there's an 'app for that' on the market?

Guest squirreleater
1) How do I put a shortcut on my Homescreen which links to the combined mail box? I can only see how I link to one mailbox :) (Also, can I have gmail in the combined mail box?)

2) Is there no vibration mode? I hold down power on my Hero I could flick it into vibration only. The N1 just has silent?

3) Has anyone ported over the 'people widget' from SenseUI? I used to love having them on my homescreen. Maybe there's a suitable replacement on the market?

4) Does no-one else use comma when texting?!?! Why do I have to go to additional characters to use a comma. I must use 2 or 3 each text! B)

5) In the news widget, how do the custom topics work? I would love US sports news (I'm in the UK) or more specifically NFL news. How can I set that up?

6) Does the N1 have no support for Groups in Contacts? If I create a contact I can't seem to assign it to a group? Also, I can't view or text people in a group :D Again, maybe there's an 'app for that' on the market?

Can't help with all of them but....

2: It should vibrate on startup, as well as the usual times, unless you've turned it off it sounds like it's knackered, Daisy had this issue and returned hers, there is a thread about it.

3: Not that I know of, we are waiting for the bravo and it's sense ui so it can be ported across to the N1, not really possible yet due to the WVGA screen on the N1.

4: When you have the keyboard open, hold the 123 button down, you will get a menu where you can switch 'voice' off, you loose the voice function but gain the comma on the keyboard.

Stu.

Guest bobtentpeg

The above answer is a little off base...

Yes, there is vibrate, but you cant toggle it from lockscreen/power menu. Just hold down the volume down button.