Android 2.0 ROM Development

Guest BigBearMDC

Guest David Horvath

I'm going for open source. On windows i use NP++ with compare plugin. Dont know about Geany.. it maybe has compare function. What are the king of the hill guys are using? Windows or Ubuntu? (From my perspective it would be a sin to use windows for android development..)

Guest BigBearMDC
I'm going for open source. On windows i use NP++ with compare plugin. Dont know about Geany.. it maybe has compare function. What are the king of the hill guys are using? Windows or Ubuntu? (From my perspective it would be a sin to use windows for android development..)

I'm using Ubuntu. But if i want to use a windows programm i install it using wine under Ubuntu ;)

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest David Horvath

I started just like that ;) That will change. Have a look in synaptics/software shop(or how its called :D never used that). Native application's are a lot better. If you need advice, or application, just let me know, i'll try to help.

Guest BigBearMDC
I started just like that ;) That will change. Have a look in synaptics/software shop(or how its called :D never used that). Native application's are a lot better. If you need advice, or application, just let me know, i'll try to help.

Yes i know, native apps are always better than running apps in a virtual envoiroment. But some applications only work on windows, so the only possibility is using wine (or VirtualBox running Windows) :(

I already got some hints to applications, but I'm always thankful for everyone who helps me :D

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest BigBearMDC

UPDATE:

Android compiled without errors ;)

I'll test it now.

UPDATE:

Nope, does not work. Lets try it with the 2.6.29 kernel when its finished.

Greetings,

BigBear

Edited by BigBearMDC

UPDATE:

Android compiled without errors ;)

I'll test it now.

UPDATE:

Greetings,

BigBear

Yeah about that. I'd gonna take me days to finish downloading the android source ... to get the toolchains to build it. Have you got the 2.6.29 msm kernel floating around? Untouched?

If so, make a copy and apply that patch I uploaded. See what happens when you try to build it =]

Guest BigBearMDC
Yeah about that. I'd gonna take me days to finish downloading the android source ... to get the toolchains to build it. Have you got the 2.6.29 msm kernel floating around? Untouched?

If so, make a copy and apply that patch I uploaded. See what happens when you try to build it =]

I just sarched for a plain 2.6.29 kernel ;)

Can you tell me were i can download it?

Guest david_dawkins

I'm interested in hearing what exactly happened, if you get a moment.

Guest BigBearMDC

Hi guys

Thanks for the help.

I'll continue with my work tomorrow.

The Pulse just reboots the whole time.

If i had the chance to see why it reboots... maybe I'll edit some drivers in /crash to force dem ti output the errors instead of rebooting...

See you tomorrow ;)

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest _Sebastian_
If i had the chance to see why it reboots... maybe I'll edit some drivers in /crash to force dem ti output the errors instead of rebooting...

use "adb bugreport" or "adb logcat" then you'll see what's going on

Guest BigBearMDC

Thanks for the hint!

I heard about logcat earlier, but I din't know how to use it ;)

Could someone please upload an untouched 2.6.29 kernel?

I tried to download it from the kernel repo, but i get an error

(error: revision refs/heads/master in manifests not found).

I can't even init the repo.

Greetings,

BigBear

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest Hornet69

Android 2.0 should be avalable on T-Mobiles website in week 11 if the testing and verification doesn't find any major problems, so this may save you all a few weeks of extra work?

Guest le_lutin
Android 2.0 should be avalable on T-Mobiles website in week 11 if the testing and verification doesn't find any major problems, so this may save you all a few weeks of extra work?

Wow, this is good news indeed. Are you "in the know"? (one wink means yes, two winks means no)

Guest David Horvath

Where did you get that info from? Is that sure?