[ROMS][DC23] WM6.5 Yardi4life- 23568, 23563 [May 6]

Guest yardi4life

Yardi, which build do you prefer. I know each has its merits, but which do you use?

After trying both, I think I like the 23529 build more. While IE does seem a little "smarter" in the 28223 build, it's not worth giving up threaded email. I'm sure there's other improvements in the 28223, they just weren't perceptible to me.

Thanks again for an awesome release. This is exactly what I had in mind. I don't know how you kept so much and shaved so much storage space... Did you have to cut resources to another part of the phone?

Edited by Snow02

Guest yardi4life
Yardi, which build do you prefer. I know each has its merits, but which do you use?

After trying both, I think I like the 23529 build more. While IE does seem a little "smarter" in the 28223 build, it's not worth giving up threaded email. I'm sure there's other improvements in the 28223, they just weren't perceptible to me.

Thanks again for an awesome release. This is exactly what I had in mind. I don't know how you kept so much and shaved so much storage space... Did you have to cut resources to another part of the phone?

U welcome. Once u get rid of Opera, Cube, Touch Wiz, and Widgets and all associated files (.wav, .mp3, .png. .xml etc). That all with free a lot of space. I also made a few gambles but then tested as much as I could (while also keeping track of everything I removed and when). There's still stuff in there that can be removed without disabling any of the current functionality. I'll work on that sometime this week. Then I'll go deeper to make it a Lite Rom.

For the lite rom these candidates for removal:

Call Log, My Calendar, PhoneBook, Clock and Alarm, Connected Home, Smart Reader, Samsung SMS/MMS, Unit converter, Streaming player, Communites, My Pictures. Why because I currently have application to replace all of these and some I might not use ever.

for example:

Coreplayer -> Streaming player

SPBTime / Glaram -> Clock and Alarm

Resco Photo Manager -> My Pictures

Resco explorer 2010 - Communites

Spam alert Spam alert / SPB Mobile Shell -> Call Log, My Calendar, PhoneBook

Samsung Dialer -> the only reason why this still is in because I cannot get over the Talk button not working.

Smart Reader -> hhmmmmm... I might keep these one. its unique as far a I know

Connected Home -> u know what I never tested this besides actually starting the app ;) . I'll try to do this when I get home.

Unit converter -> I don't think I have anything to replace this one.

built SMS -> Samsung SMS/MMS

Video Editor and Voice Recorder I am not sure about. Have anyone seen cab for this. I think theres a cab for Voice Recorder.

Also, can someone give Communties and Connected Home thorough testing?

Guest sixstrings

Hey bro i just installed ur ROM and luv it!! Top notch job on this!! everything is fast with no problems that i've come across. I wish i knew and understood how to cook roms. but just wanted to say thanks for the work bro.

one question, is there a way to make the font bigger on the sms/email screens?

Guest yardi4life
Beautimus! I'm glad to see you on board. You and AMDZero are putting out quality ROMs, which means I can stop embarrassing myself with mine ;)

You should not quit. Learn from your mistakes and try again. This is a project where u need to keep tracking of what changes u make.

Do not delete files just move them to another folder. Make a copy of a file (or enable volume shadow copy) b 4 u change the content.

Use the initflashfiles.dat has starting point.

First, remove only specific files to the apps u are removing (search by filename e.g. *cube*.*). Test. Repeat for the next app and test.

Do not delete alot of things at someone.

Index the OEM folder to allow content search. This way u can also removed unnecessary registry entries from rgu and provxml files.

Be diligent and carefully.

Guest yardi4life
Hey bro i just installed ur ROM and luv it!! Top notch job on this!! everything is fast with no problems that i've come across. I wish i knew and understood how to cook roms. but just wanted to say thanks for the work bro.

one question, is there a way to make the font bigger on the sms/email screens?

Start Menu -> Omnia II Settings -> Display -> Text Size

Guest fire3element

Hey guys. I am new to the Rom scene. I just bought my Verizon i920 in Dec. and it is already bricked.

It happened in that updated released by Samsung. Stopped at 31%.

Does anyone have the .csc file? I need it badly as Verizon wont replace and Samsung wants me to send in for repair. I dont trust Samsung so can someone please send me the stock .csc file. Please?

I would be most appreciative.

Guest sixstrings
Hey guys. I am new to the Rom scene. I just bought my Verizon i920 in Dec. and it is already bricked.

Does anyone have the .csc file? I need it badly as Verizon wont replace and Samsung wants me to send in for repair. I dont trust Samsung so can someone please send me the stock .csc file. Please?

have you tried to do a hard reset? is so then go over to xda-developers site and look under the omnia 2 section. i think his name is radioman, but he has the stock rom posted there. its a nb0 file but it's still the stock rom. hope this helps

Guest GvLJazz

I had the same issue with mine where it removed the csc image after a failed flash. The phone would turn on but hang at the samsung screen and eventually start getting brighter.

However I can still flash the phone with any of the roms using the flashing guide and it works fine.

Of course on the device info screen the CSC: is blank and i don't have the battery image while charging.

Oh yeah... Thanks to all involved for the awesome roms!

Edited by GvLJazz

Guest amdzero
I had the same issue with mine where it removed the csc image after a failed flash. The phone would turn on but hang at the samsung screen and eventually start getting brighter.

However I can still flash the phone with any of the roms using the flashing guide and it works fine.

Of course on the device info screen the CSC: is blank and i don't have the battery image while charging.

Oh yeah... Thanks to all involved for the awesome roms!

does anyone know how to edit the CSC? I'm assuming thats where the verizon loading screen is located and I want to change it.

Guest fire3element

Thank you all for the replys. I appreciate the help.

So GvLJazz, you just flashed a new rom and the phone works properly? Mine is doing the same thing. I get the SAMSUNG logo screen, and then it starts to get these multi-colored pixelated scan lines(stationary/non-moving). Eventually the whole screen is completely covered in light colored pixels.

You just flashed a rom and your phone will boot now?

I will try this tomorrow and see if it works. Just wish that I had waited before I told Verizon about the problem. Verizon guy was helpful and helped me setup a warranty service with Samsung on the phone together. Now Samsung is expecting my phone for repair. Think I will tell them everthing works now.

Anyhow, I will try to flash my phone. I heard that there is a way to extract the .csc from the phone, but I am not familiar with how to do it. Would be nice if someone could do this so that all of the peeps that bricked their phone with the update can fix it.

Again I thank you for the help.

I installed your ROM last night, and I was really impressed with the amount of free RAM available, even with the included Omnia II apps. One question though... has anyone found a fix for the scroll-bar on the right side of the Samsung dialer?

Thanks. I've really got to learn how to set up my own ROM one of these days. I'm constantly tweaking my phone, and hate bugging people with so many questions. Several years ago, I was building custom MAME machines for people, and after running into too many walls I designed my own interface for navigating through the emulators and games. It was a lot of work, but having a slick front-end that was exactly what I wanted was entirely worth it.

Guest ripper-jokers

Hello Yardi....im new to the site and this is my first post...just wanted to say thanks for the AWESOME rom. I almost returned my O2 because well...lets just say it was boring but thanks to your rom this phone is as sweet as i thought it should be.

Keep up the fantastic work and i am looking forward to your future roms...btw the i just applied the settings for data connection from the get go had no problems what so ever

Guest GvLJazz
GOOD NEWS!!!!

Just flashed the phone, and everything works great.

Thank you all.

Glad to hear you got it working again! Sadly I'm not aware of anyone being able to pull the csc from the i920 (yet) so that we can flash it back. We will probably have to wait until they release an official update (Which I hope is to fix the hardware buttons that aren't assignable), or for someone to find a solution

Guest fire3element

Quick question. Is the bar at the bottom of the screen a part of titanium? I liked the black bar with the words at the bottom like there is in the stock rom.

Any way to change it back and get rid of the grey buttons?

Also, does the X button have to be on the bottom or can it be set to the upper right corner?

I apologize for being a NOOB-ER-OLOGIST. lol

Guest das7771
Quick question. Is the bar at the bottom of the screen a part of titanium? I liked the black bar with the words at the bottom like there is in the stock rom.

Any way to change it back and get rid of the grey buttons?

Also, does the X button have to be on the bottom or can it be set to the upper right corner?

I apologize for being a NOOB-ER-OLOGIST. lol

To get the x button back to the top right you would have to flash to a 6.5 rom. What you are currently using is a 6.5.3 roms. if want to change the colors of the buttons on the bottom bar you will just have to change themes. I like mcarroll pure black myself.

Edited by das7771

Shemmy, that's a problem with some themes. It happens on 6.5 too. On one of the emails you can't read, hit reply and then edit sender's message to read it. It's a problem of putting black on black, white on white, etc. Try a different theme. There's still a couple that come through like that, but less than there used to be.

Shemmy, that's a problem with some themes. It happens on 6.5 too. On one of the emails you can't read, hit reply and then edit sender's message to read it. It's a problem of putting black on black, white on white, etc. Try a different theme. There's still a couple that come through like that, but less than there used to be.