Creating custom themes by modifying framework-res.apk

Guest McSpoon

Guest Swift_gti

Has anyone got Metamorph to install on the pulse ?

I had a quick try yesterday and just got a generic installation failure.. couldn't get it to install ;)

It looks like Metamorph could be a really easy, quick way to port Themes to the Pulse - if only I could get it to install!

-Edit: Using 1.7 Vanilla with A2SD btw.

Edited by Swift_gti

I'm going to upload my version of the ROM, if any one wants to help out, launcher, text colour, etc, that would be awesome!

Or just use it, that's cool too!

Posting on my pulse atm, how do we install this. Is it a whole Rom that we flash, will we lose our data?

Can u post a pic of id whole theme please?

Thanks

It's more for testing and fixing, there are glitches all over the shop.

It's a full rom, so use it like you would any other rom.

Or take out the framework, and push it, if you know how to.

It's more for testing and fixing, there are glitches all over the shop.

It's a full rom, so use it like you would any other rom.

Or take out the framework, and push it, if you know how to.

Yeah id rather take out the framework, Although I dont have a clue how to do that lool,

Could u post up a pick of what ur theme looks like so far? like the launcher etc.

Thanks!

Would it be ok if you uploaded the file to megaupload, or 4shared, as I cannot download it from 'uploading.com', because of a file limit, even when I haven't downloaded anything from there yet. ;)

Damn, I'll upload it to somewhere else when I've made a few updates, unless you want to work on it.

It's just that I've got a REALLY slow connection this time of night.

Damn, I'll upload it to somewhere else when I've made a few updates, unless you want to work on it.

Looks good, I can give u the images for the launcher?

Looks good, I can give u the images for the launcher?

That would be awesome.

Still having problems getting android to boot with a new launcher in(had it working before), but the images would save me some time, thank you!

Guys with MCR 1.8 I am able to install Metamorph but I tired some of there mods but they brick the install due to them all being for the G1 with Cyanmod. Anyone else tried to use Metamorph?

Guest HunteronX

I'll wait; it's great that you've even done all of this editing anyway.

Thanks

Guest HunteronX
Guys with MCR 1.8 I am able to install Metamorph but I tired some of there mods but they brick the install due to them all being for the G1 with Cyanmod. Anyone else tried to use Metamorph?

Yeah, same here, i've only managed to get this espresso-themed launcher working, and hero icons - that's all.

Yeah, same here, i've only managed to get this espresso-themed launcher working, and hero icons - that's all.

Links?

And thanks, it's good fun to do stuff like this ;)

Edited by Rem1x

Guest HunteronX
Looking just like the real thing! Just needs the Icons ;) :D, can u not get it working using MetaMorph?

Or will it just have to be a Rom or adding the files urself?

I'll try and release it as a ROM, just flash for sexy, not quite sure how MetaMorph works, though.

Ok, next thing on the list is the icons, that should be simple enough!

I'll try and release it as a ROM, just flash for sexy, not quite sure how MetaMorph works, though.

Ok, next thing on the list is the icons, that should be simple enough!

I think metamorph works with just the folders leading to the files, if that makes sense lol, like all the diffrent folders/sub folders that lead to where the files should be,

Like what u downloaded with the launcher, status bar etc. Kinda hard to explain it tbh

Keep going its looking great

Guest HunteronX

Thanks Rem1x, great work. ;) Everything seems to be shaping up well.

If you're wondering about how to use Metamorph, you can get it from the market - but newer ones are here:

http://relentlessaddictions.com/android/node/4

There are also some theming how-to's, in the form of youtube videos on the site. They may help you.

p.s. I got the hero icons working just by opening the 'Hero-Icon-Pack-v1.0.zip' from my earlier post, within metamorph, and applying the theme.

Edited by HunteronX

Guest P!nback1

Here is what i did in fifteen minutes at work... lol, will look much better once i have more time...

Will do it tonight and upload for all to see

Hope you all like it!

post-654058-1265671298_thumb.png

Here is what i did in fifteen minutes at work... lol, will look much better once i have more time...

Will do it tonight and upload for all to see

Hope you all like it!

That's awesome! Any chance of one to match the espresso theme?

I'll work on one too, but hivedesign is always good ;)

Guest P!nback1
That's awesome! Any chance of one to match the espresso theme?

I'll work on one too, but hivedesign is always good ;)

Yeah sure, i'll be looking into a full ui customization tonight... that was just a tester... lol :D

Yeah sure, i'll be looking into a full ui customization tonight... that was just a tester... lol ;)

*high five*

looks like the pulse is going to be one sexy device!

Guest P!nback1
*high five*

looks like the pulse is going to be one sexy device!

I'm no pro at this, so might need to come back here to ask a few q's... but then again, thats what forums are for i guess...

I will work on the framework-res.apk first and then later the apps like launcher and browser etc etc... One step at a time! ;)

Guest John Hamelink
I'm no pro at this, so might need to come back here to ask a few q's... but then again, thats what forums are for i guess...

I will work on the framework-res.apk first and then later the apps like launcher and browser etc etc... One step at a time! ;)

Great news! :D This will no doubt make the pulse one of the most customisable devices out there!

Guest HunteronX

Nice work, P!nback1! ;)

Would you or Rem1x, be able to post a tutorial on editing the framework-res.apk, specifically about what you've done already, because I've tried following what people have posted, but I keep getting bootloops.