[ROM]Ninja4hire *Black vs. Blue* (DG21) v9.5m (21914)

Guest Ninja4Hire

Guest levytv

the only thing that didnt return properly with my restore after flash was sktools and that was a reinstall. besides those icon problems. works well.

Guest Ninja4Hire
the only thing that didnt return properly with my restore after flash was sktools and that was a reinstall. besides those icon problems. works well.

Ok this may sound stupid, but can someone briefly explain to me how you replace an icon in this program lol.

I clicked on "Launcher" and it brings me to "Favorites" and "Recently Used". From here I can remove and add to favorites, but I see no replace or anything.

When I slide over I have a another menu, but long pressing on these does nothing.

Guest Robtao
ninja i'm doing pretty well so far. but i cant replace certain icons. for example - the messaging icon - in mobile shell 3.5.3 - when i try to replace it in the launcher page in the favorites - i cant get it i just get the generic mobile shell icon. the application works with no issues. thanks for the help.

All icons are working for me with Mobile Shell 3.5.3 except for Microsoft Office (the folder icon and the links inside).

The icons are changed by tap/holding them and selecting Change Link in the popup. I used that to fix One Note Mobile by going to the actual .exe file, but the others still have the dull generic file icon.

I installed them all to My Storage. Not sure if that makes a difference.

This is only with MS3 icons. The Start Menu icons are all there. I expect MS5 will fix it when it comes out.

By the way, unlesss backup programs have improved a lot lately, trying to do ROM upgrades and keep old installations through a backup usually winds up bringing part of the old ROM back, messing up the purpose of upgrading the ROM. PIM stuff is fine, but System restore usually overwrites something you want to keep as part of the new ROM. I was trying SPB Backup, and ROM upgrade Mode and unchecking overwrite files did not help.

Guest Ninja4Hire
By the way, unlesss backup programs have improved a lot lately, trying to do ROM upgrades and keep old installations through a backup usually winds up bringing part of the old ROM back, messing up the purpose of upgrading the ROM. PIM stuff is fine, but System restore usually overwrites something you want to keep as part of the new ROM. I was trying SPB Backup, and ROM upgrade Mode and unchecking overwrite files did not help.

Right! That is something I was concerned about for levytv, but since most of what I have done is pretty basic I wouldn't expect it to hurt to much.... (fingers crossed in hope).

I figure any program that I removed that gets re-installed will not be an issue. Any program that was installed and backed up should also not be an issue. Now programs I installed on the rom may have issues since the reg values will no longer be there. But I kept my stuff to a minimum so I would not expect to much of an issue.

For future rom flashers, Robtao is right. It's better to only back up PIM stuff and mydocs or whatever, but leave system files and registry changes alone. also with registry changes, if you know what you changed, you can put them all in a notepad file and convert that to a reg file. Place that in your XDA_UC folder and it will auto install them on first boot.

Guest levytv

Right! That is something I was concerned about for levytv, but since most of what I have done is pretty basic I wouldn't expect it to hurt to much.... (fingers crossed in hope).

I figure any program that I removed that gets re-installed will not be an issue. Any program that was installed and backed up should also not be an issue. Now programs I installed on the rom may have issues since the reg values will no longer be there. But I kept my stuff to a minimum so I would not expect to much of an issue.

For future rom flashers, Robtao is right. It's better to only back up PIM stuff and mydocs or whatever, but leave system files and registry changes alone. also with registry changes, if you know what you changed, you can put them all in a notepad file and convert that to a reg file. Place that in your XDA_UC folder and it will auto install them on first boot.

i screwed around so much with the original - having of course no records or idead what i had done except that it made the phone better or faster - i just didnt want to go thru all that rereading and registry stuff. at the moment the only issues are these icons. everything else 'seems' to be playing well with each other. id say playing very well. time will tell.

Guest Ninja4Hire

Just finished a new build and update. I will have it up shortly.

New Stuff

Build is now 21895 - Can't tell any difference

Changed some start menu icons to reflect Omnia 2

Replaced Touch Calendar with "I8000 JC1 Touch Calendar" - Thanks to Shemmy and Contable for the find

Menu backgrounds now defaulted to black - don't cry :)

post-327098-1269537337_thumb.png

Guest kdkinc

ok will test drive 6.5.7..

I love the smell of a fresh rom in the .... what ever time it is :) ;)

:P :D

a-ok :P ;)

XDA worked great ,(all my programs are in SD section so I can pick and choose)

intial wait setup period was about 2minutes then XDA kicked in about a minute later

new myphone version availible v1.6

Edited by kdkinc

Guest jezze boi

best ROM i have used right now

- most RAM available i've found

- relatively faster

- no vibration feedback (by default)

- facebook widget working on spb xD

just one con

- task switcher is removed

that's what i used to show my iphone-loving friends what their phones cannot do

Guest Ninja4Hire
best ROM i have used right now

- most RAM available i've found

- relatively faster

- no vibration feedback (by default)

- facebook widget working on spb xD

just one con

- task switcher is removed

that's what i used to show my iphone-loving friends what their phones cannot do

Thanks,

I will see if I can get a working cab of task switcher for you. I don't think its in the cab repository.

Guest jezze boi
Thanks,

I will see if I can get a working cab of task switcher for you. I don't think its in the cab repository.

no no.. thank you xD

for such an amazing ROM

if there isn't a cab for the task switcher, there are still many other task managing apps that i can use

thanks btw

Guest Ninja4Hire
Thanks again for another master piece :) ;)

:P ;)

Hey no problem! I'm just trying to make my phone the best it can be. Might as well share with the community.

I actually want to make a new 6.5.5 rom. I really want to like 6.5.5, but.... there are too many issues with this phone and 6.5.5 for my daily use.

Guest kdkinc
Hey no problem! I'm just trying to make my phone the best it can be. Might as well share with the community.

I actually want to make a new 6.5.5 rom. I really want to like 6.5.5, but.... there are too many issues with this phone and 6.5.5 for my daily use.

Whats working now is great who needs head aches just so a start button can be on the bottom instead of the stop.

Keep it simple...there are enough add-on's that we can add to bog it down :)

;) :P

Guest levytv
Whats working now is great who needs head aches just so a start button can be on the bottom instead of the stop.

Keep it simple...there are enough add-on's that we can add to bog it down :P

:( :(

well i did it again. upgrading from 21895 to 21896. used spb backup to restore - only adjustment i had to make was unistalling net 3.5 cause its in the rom. everything working no issues. thanks again ninja.

Guest jezze boi

hello. can anyone please upload a copy of "3DTPlayerLib.exe" because, somehow, I don't seem to have it :/

TIA

Edited by jezze boi

Guest jezze boi
He you go...what does it do ???

3DTPlayerLib.exe

:P :(

thank you :(

i believe it's used for the Samsung Media Player

it is what makes the 3D viewer when you rotate the phone

when i would rotate it, it would say:

"The file '3DTPlayerLib' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. [...]"

EDIT: 3D viewer now works with the .exe

thanks again (:

Edited by jezze boi

Guest Ninja4Hire
hello. can anyone please upload a copy of "3DTPlayerLib.exe" because, somehow, I don't seem to have it :/

TIA

I wonder why you didn't get it, but I'm glad it's working for you now.

Guest kdkinc
I wonder why you didn't get it, but I'm glad it's working for you now.

SK said I had it but i couldn't find it in windows.

I found it via my PC with "hidden" files visible.

:P :(

Guest Shemmy

I just wanted to say that I love these ROMs! I'm using the latest release with the Samsung Today plugin from the Onmia Pro, and couldn't be happier :P

Guest Ninja4Hire
I just wanted to say that I love these ROMs! I'm using the latest release with the Samsung Today plugin from the Onmia Pro, and couldn't be happier :P

Thanks for the compliment! Also thanks to everyone who has downloaded and uses my rom.

I am working on a new one now that will be a little different from the current rom. It may take a while, but I am still gonna update this one as needed.