malezRecovery image 0.6.2 + easy installer

Guest malez

Guest gateaublaster

"The lack of home button ain't that bad on normal use because of soft keypad application."

What is this soft keypad application that you mentioned .. my home button is broken too so would be good to know what you mean .. cheers for the help =D

• 2 weeks later...

So, I got my Acer Liquid E yesterday, and as expected it came with a lot of useless and retarded apps. So today I tried to delete them, searched for a while and discovered that I had to root it (very disappointing).

Tried to root using this. Installed just fine (I think), but when I booted in recovery I get an error; It says

E: can't open /sdcard/update.zip

I saw some identical problems that happened to other users, but I couldn't fix it, probably because I am new to this.

Remenber that I just want to root the "stock phone" so that I can remove those apps.

Would appreciate a lot some help

Guest malez
So, I got my Acer Liquid E yesterday, and as expected it came with a lot of useless and retarded apps. So today I tried to delete them, searched for a while and discovered that I had to root it (very disappointing).

Tried to root using this. Installed just fine (I think), but when I booted in recovery I get an error; It says

E: can't open /sdcard/update.zip

I saw some identical problems that happened to other users, but I couldn't fix it, probably because I am new to this.

Remenber that I just want to root the "stock phone" so that I can remove those apps.

Would appreciate a lot some help

Don't worry about the message "E: can't open /sdcard/update.zip" on recovery startup.

Every time you enter in recovery using the key combo, the recovery will try to find an update.zip file in your sdcard and will try to apply it.

If there is not (most of the time) you have this message. So don't worry, that is normal

To root your phone, chosse root menu (with volume key), validate with option button, choose method 1.1 and validate (final validation is done with the home key).

Guest siggey

A small question: I tried to convert my ext partition to ext4. Now I can't access it. There's a way to restore it without formatting sdcard?

Guest androich
try to download it again

Dear All...

Plis Help me...

i was trying the method above...

i've tried flashing the Recovery by the malez recovery from 5.3 until 6.1 @ this link,

http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-malez.../downloads/list

but, it always writen : recovery : fail (in red)

whe i pull the Battery, take the USB Cable Off,

than Take The USB Cable ON again on my Liquid E, than i press Vol.Down+Cam+Power

its appear :

partition checksum

splash1:chkcum =8ba9da08 OK

boot:chksum =57c4a49a OK

recovery:chksum=d6ce8999 !=002152e0 **fail** (its in red color)

system:chksum =23c8dfa3 OK

=========

<<FAIL>> (in red)

just pliss... Help me....

WHAT COULD I DO NOW....???? :-( :-( :-(

MY SISTEM IS

Version Froyo 2.2

baseband A1 -05.01.05

Buil Number : 4.005.05_AAP_GEN2

• 2 months later...

Dear All...

Plis Help me...

i was trying the method above...

i've tried flashing the Recovery by the malez recovery from 5.3 until 6.1 @ this link,

http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-malez.../downloads/list

but, it always writen : recovery : fail (in red)

whe i pull the Battery, take the USB Cable Off,

than Take The USB Cable ON again on my Liquid E, than i press Vol.Down+Cam+Power

its appear :

partition checksum

splash1:chkcum =8ba9da08 OK

boot:chksum =57c4a49a OK

recovery:chksum=d6ce8999 !=002152e0 **fail** (its in red color)

system:chksum =23c8dfa3 OK

=========

<<FAIL>> (in red)

just pliss... Help me....

WHAT COULD I DO NOW....???? :-( :-( :-(

MY SISTEM IS

Version Froyo 2.2

baseband A1 -05.01.05

Buil Number : 4.005.05_AAP_GEN2

Do you have any error message when you flash the recovery ? I what way did you install it ?

Guest vikings123

Sorry for not being here more often

You are welcome.

Your great works have been helping us everyday.

Just one question. Can we use your recovery on Liquid MT? Or we must use Vache's version?

Edited by vikings123

You are welcome.

Your great works have been helping us everyday.

Just one question. Can we use your recovery on Liquid MT? Or we must use Vache's version?

You must use vache's version

Hi Malez.

I'm a complete newbie about this recovery thing.:mellow: I would like to know if the 0.61 version would work on a Ferrari 2.2 AAP rom? Thx!!;)

Guest DesertF0x

I have tried installing the revover via windows with easy installer and zip and via linux with zip version on my Acer Liquid E. Every thing is successful but I always end up with this exclamation point logo when I try to boot into the recovery. Any Ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DesertF0x

OK, I have found the solution ... on new liquids delivered with 2.2 you should not do the final reboot, but just power off by taking off the battery because other wise the recovery is replaced by original again.

why is it when i try to wipe manually sd.ext it always fails and says "run manually"

This will wipe the ext2 partition on sdcard. This partition does not exists by default. It is usefull only i you have created an ext2 partition on sdcard (apps2sd). Otherwise the fail is normal as partition can't be found

OK, I have found the solution ... on new liquids delivered with 2.2 you should not do the final reboot, but just power off by taking off the battery because other wise the recovery is replaced by original again.

What was you liquid version out of box ?

I thought it was only for Fido and Roger rom ? Your one is ?

I have generated a new recovery installer that will do all the job.

ANYONE with this kind of problem to test my new installer ?

Guest DesertF0x

What was you liquid version out of box ?

I am not quite sure but I think it was 4.002_008 and I installed the newest firmware(Patch_Acer_4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A) and ROM(OS_Acer_4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A) from the acer page. MFG date is Jun 2011.

I thought it was only for Fido and Roger rom ? Your one is ?

Sry, don't know what you mean?!

Solution found here

Edited by DesertF0x

I am not quite sure but I think it was 4.002_008 and I installed the newest firmware(Patch_Acer_4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A) and ROM(OS_Acer_4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A) from the acer page. MFG date is Jun 2011.

Sry, don't know what you mean?!

Solution found here

if you are able to flash the original firmware, back to your phone, you could test if my new installer do the job (ie custom recovery remains installed even after reboot)

• 1 month later...
Guest Pi3rluigi

Sorry for my newbie question, can I flash the update.zip inside the SCRIPT.zip directly from recovery 0.6.1 or I need to run the .exe also if I have installed the previous version?

Thanks in advance

Recovery 0.6.2 is now available for download

• hardware button enabled to move and run commands
  • Applications moved to sdcard using system feature are now backed up/restored
  • fixed wipe data
  • code optimization
  • unique installer for Roger/Fido rom or any other rom

http://code.google.c.../downloads/list

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hsn.ahmed

i am trying to install a custom rom on my Liquid acer S100

so i installed malez custom recovery 0.6.2 (the easy installer method)

i can boot to the recovery menu but everything i try to do fails

whenever i select anything it says aborted

flash aborted

wipe aborted

POWER OFF aborted

even Coppy recovery.log to sdcard aborted

please help my phone is useless that way

i am now using 2.2 rom which i flashed using a .bin flashtool. its even slower than my old 2.1 which i cant restore right now

btw, i rooted it visa superoneclick

and i think it was successful cuz i can use root explorer r/w mode

at the last step of installation (after OS boot)

i see this message at the adb log

rm failed -for read-only file system

is that whats causing the problem ??

Guest mike557

Same as above - problem with Aborted messages.

I did read :-

Here you can find my custom recovery wich works with both liquid 1.6 and liquid E 2.1 rom. If you have a Acer Liquid E Ferrari Edition, use the specific recovery

The recovery images will not work on factory AAP, CSL or FET devices untill you do a full flash

An updgrade via acer download tools is needed. You will have to flash to an EMEA rom (thanks to Nova2.1 for his help)

Just received the phone yesterday and it is

APN Version 1.61

Product SKU EMEA-GEN1

Device info version 2.1

Model ID LiquidE

This is EMEA however version 1.61 so what do I need to do?

I do not recognise 'acer download tools' - is this something that needs to be installed?

Thanks

Update -

I went to the Acer website and downloaded their version 2.2 and installed.

Did not like their default UI and quickly decided to upgrade to LiquidNext.

I did need to re-install malez, and then wipe worked and the upgrade went without problems :)

Edited by mike557