malezRecovery image 0.6.2 + easy installer

Guest malez

Guest malez
that's weird.

it's not working with wifi nor edge or 3g

You are sure you have not flashed any sutom rom over the new bin file ?. Every available custom rom work on older bin for the moment

Guest basti266
You are sure you have not flashed any sutom rom over the new bin file ?. Every available custom rom work on older bin for the moment

just flashed the new bin. which is quite awsome btw. wiped data, dalvik and cache. that's it!

and flashed your recovery of course :-)

Guest malez
just flashed the new bin. which is quite awsome btw. wiped data, dalvik and cache. that's it!

and flashed your recovery of course :-)

Internet is working?

Guest malez
yep, internet is working via wifi and edge

I had exactly the same issue one time. I have cancelle all downlaod and the next it was gone. In my logcat I had seen messages telling google servers were not responding.

Guest basti266
I had exactly the same issue one time. I have cancelle all downlaod and the next it was gone. In my logcat I had seen messages telling google servers were not responding.

tried that, but didn't help.

my logcat doesn't say anything about servers not responding.

might it be g-talk related?

cuz I just discovered if I want to open g-talk it just brings me back to launcher and logcat says:

E/GTalkService( 202): createGTalkConnection: account is null!

E/talk ( 1113): signInAccount: failed to get GTalk connection!

Guest malez
tried that, but didn't help.

my logcat doesn't say anything about servers not responding.

might it be g-talk related?

cuz I just discovered if I want to open g-talk it just brings me back to launcher and logcat says:

E/GTalkService( 202): createGTalkConnection: account is null!

E/talk ( 1113): signInAccount: failed to get GTalk connection!

Seems like you google account is not well configured.

Guest basti266
Seems like you google account is not well configured.

got it fixed.

did a factory reset. this time I've been more careful with restoring some apps and data with titanium backup.

I reckon restoring some system data from 1.6 messed up part of the 2.1 system.

anyway thanks for your support.

Guest basti266
Happy to read you have solved. Never restore 1.6 data on 2.1 system. Titanium is helpfull but not in this case.

now I know.

learning by doing :-)

Guest v00d00

malez hello,

any chance that you already test sipdroid with latest roms like [ROM] eViL Eclair v2.00r1 ?

thanks

p.s. I have tried to write this to your PM mailbox, but no chance... I think its full :P

Guest malez
malez hello,

any chance that you already test sipdroid with latest roms like [ROM] eViL Eclair v2.00r1 ?

thanks

p.s. I have tried to write this to your PM mailbox, but no chance... I think its full :P

I Have tested sipdroid under LCR 1.2.4 (old bin) and it works but I have not tested it under the new bin. It must work also. If in sipdroid plugin list, many plugins appears greyed, just uninstall ans reinstall sipdroid. This is caused by a lack of libs.

Edited by malez

Guest xedamen

Hy all! I need some help. I flashed the 0.008 rom to my liquid, but i want to root it, cus i want to flash the eViL 2.0. I saw the "How to Install" description, but where is the androidsdk\tool folder? I don't find it... I can't install it, but it sould be important for me.

Edited by xedamen

Guest malez
Hy all! I need some help. I flashed the 0.008 rom to my liquid, but i want to root it, cus i want to flash the eViL 2.0. I saw the "How to Install" description, but where is the androidsdk\tool folder? I don't find it...

the directory is stored on your pc, where you have installed the android sd on you computer. Maybe in c:\Program File\android-sdk-windows\tools, do a find if needed.

To root original second bin, recovery can do it.

Guest xedamen
the directory is stored on your pc, where you have installed the android sd on you computer. Maybe in c:\Program File\android-sdk-windows\tools, do a find if needed.

To root original second bin, recovery can do it.

where can i download android sd ?

Guest Quipeace

Hey,

Your recovery is working fine, I love the new menus!

Just one suggestion, could you fit in a "wipe all" option? (wipe all exept for the ext partition) That would be pretty useful :P

Guest Down to earth Swede

Okay, I searched the whole forum for what to choose when I do the nandroid backup, but there is no explanation that I can find.

When I choose the option 10a, backup nandroid i get:

Using G1 keyboard, enter a prefix substring and then <CR> or just <CR> to accept default

1. I don't have a G1

2. I don't have the G1;s keyboard since the liquid doesn't have one.

3. Why enter a prefix substring and what does it do

4. <CR> is that "carriage return" and is it on the phone or in the commandline? Just to press <Enter> on the command line I guess...

I guess this nandroid backup is a general android thingie that's been around since the G1.

And that it works from the PC now (not using the G1;s keyboard).

But I have no idea if I should just press <enter> to continue....

Edit: I had to little patience so I just pressed enter and of course the nandroid backup started as it should!

Okay, I saw that i complained about not being able to mount the ext2 partition.

Of course it can't since I haven't created one.

Have done the 10b, Backup nandroid without ext2, which worked as it should

How do I create an ext2 partition?

Do I need some extra tools or can it be done from the command line?

Guess I'm going to continue with my "answering myself" mission:

The choice "partition SD 3 partitions" would be a good thing to use, huh?

I read it as ext3 partitions...

It helps if I actually read the things properly!

Anyway, will backup my sdcard (I can't see the option to set the liquid as an USB drive which is said is one of the features in the first post) and then partition it.

Fantastic work from malez.

Nobody needs to root the old way (like I did yesterday with some troubles, but you learn things if you do it the hard way :P )

Edited by Down to earth Swede

Guest malez
Okay, I searched the whole forum for what to choose when I do the nandroid backup, but there is no explanation that I can find.

When I choose the option 10a, backup nandroid i get:

Using G1 keyboard, enter a prefix substring and then <CR> or just <CR> to accept default

1. I don't have a G1

2. I don't have the G1;s keyboard since the liquid doesn't have one.

3. Why enter a prefix substring and what does it do

4. <CR> is that "carriage return" and is it on the phone or in the commandline? Just to press <Enter> on the command line I guess...

I guess this nandroid backup is a general android thingie that's been around since the G1.

And that it works from the PC now (not using the G1;s keyboard).

But I have no idea if I should just press <enter> to continue....

Edit: I had to little patience so I just pressed enter and of course the nandroid backup started as it should!

Okay, I saw that i complained about not being able to mount the ext2 partition.

Of course it can't since I haven't created one.

Have done the 10b, Backup nandroid without ext2, which worked as it should

How do I create an ext2 partition?

Do I need some extra tools or can it be done from the command line?

Guess I'm going to continue with my "answering myself" mission:

The choice "partition SD 3 partitions" would be a good thing to use, huh?

I read it as ext3 partitions...

It helps if I actually read the things properly!

Anyway, will backup my sdcard (I can't see the option to set the liquid as an USB drive which is said is one of the features in the first post) and then partition it.

Fantastic work from malez.

Nobody needs to root the old way (like I did yesterday with some troubles, but you learn things if you do it the hard way :P )

Thank you veryvery much for the time you havespent trying theback office menu. I will take your traction into account in next releases. You told there was no option to set the liquid as usb drive

But there is one called usb toggle in main recovery. Here is the question i have not stopped asking when i was trading you : why have you not use the recovery main menu on your phone and have preferred the back menu on your computer ?? Haven't you seen it of it was just to test ?

Thank you again for this really interesting feedback that will be taken into account.