i8000 SAMSUNG OFFICIAL JC1 BY SAMSUNG KIES

Guest jackyaway

Guest nicoscy

Thanks a lot guys.If you know, is it going to erase all my installed programes, pims and data?

Thanks again

Edited by nicoscy

Hi people,

I´m from Portugal and has you I own a O2.

I've read almost everything about upgradind the firmware of O2.

I've some doubts, can you help me?

My O2 has this firmware:

PDA- I8000NXXII9

CSC- I8000TMNII7

PHONE- I8000XXII6

WM 6.5 SO CE 5.2.21856

I want to update for JC1 (latest release) however my o2 is locked to the operator. So I can't update by NPS or Kies.

Is it possible to update my O2 with the latest rom JC1? I've read that I must update only the pda in order to maintain the config.. of my language, Portuguese, and operator config.

Should I update the pda and the Phone and leave the csc as it is? How?

Can Anybody help this beginner?

Thank you in advance.

Filipe Mendonça

Hi,

I've done it. I've now the new ROM flashed yesterday.

PDA- I8000NXXJC1

CSC- I8000TMNII7

PHONE- I8000XXII6

WM 6.5 SO CE 5.2.21856

I used Mini Octans by sorg, only flashed the pda and everything went well.

I report only a issue. The side-bar of the widgets became empty, without any image of the "shortcuts". When I went to select the widgets I just see the check box or the path to the file.

Anybody have this error? How to correct it?

Thank you all

One more thing, what, usefull, app do you advice me to put on my omnia2.

FLM

Guest nicoscy

ok i flashed yesterday only the CSC I8000NXXJC1. it hard reseted the phone but nothing was erased from my storage.

my omnia 2 now works much better and the memory management is much better. after a fresh restart yestarday i had 72 mb free ram. today i still have 54 and everything works as it should without any problems. when i had CSC from JB3 i had the same free ram at the begining but after a while i had lots of strange thinks happening like gps taking a long time to get possition and the free memory was going down very fast and i had to restart to get it back to normal.

i am a heavy user and for the first time i thinking to keep the phone for a while since i am happy with this firmware:

PDA : I8000NXXJC1 | CSC : I8000NXXJC1 | PHONE : I8000XXJB2

Thanks for all the help from the people of this great forum

Guest crasy666

can somebody confirm that on JC1 the Keyboard pops up direct when you go to the contact lists? the would hid me from upgrading my JA5 to JC1!

Edited by crasy666

Guest Du5aN
can somebody confirm that on JC1 the Keyboard pops up direct when you go to the contact lists? the would hid me from upgrading my JA5 to JC1!

I can confirm that on JC1 the keyboard pops up direct when you go to the phonebook.