thekevster's CF03 6.5 ROMS 23541

Guest thekevster

Guest thekevster
Darn! You made the action screen better (M2D only) :P - now i'm going to have to flash again :( . Or is there a way to replace/move things around?

ock made the graphic changes on this one. i just edited what he edited somewhat.

cooking a new version of m2d and flotanium right now. main difference is bottom bar. i'm posting my titanium version now and you can see the difference in the taskbar in that version.

cool thank you very much.

np :(

Guest thekevster
It looks great!, esp. with the W7 theme. :P As far as the radio goes, I could have swore I heard it turn off then back on again but that was early this morning. I'll see if it does it later on today but I think its solved.

Quick question though, the W7 theme uses it's own wallpaper. Where would this wallpaper be stored on the phone? I'd love to use it w/in TouchFlo but can't find it for the life of me.

Thanks,

Ricky :(

here you go rick, attached to this post. just copy to windows folder of device memory, then soft reset.

post-549559-1270057119_thumb.jpg

Edited by thekevster

Guest brnlahaze

Thanks for the ROM!

Wondering though, is there a soft reset app around on this ROM? That is handy to have when an app is being weird.

Guest thekevster
Thanks for the ROM!

Wondering though, is there a soft reset app around on this ROM? That is handy to have when an app is being weird.

np.

if you are using m2d or flotanium, the right soft key is set for soft reset. is you want a shortcut in start menu, go to windows folder and find reset.exe and copy then paste shortcut in start menu folder wherever you want (if you want it in utilities place it in utilities folder, etc.). going to put in a button in start menu kind of like waremike has in his NuRom series in the next build hopefully.

Guest thekevster
When a theme is selected it renames it's background to stwater_240_400.jpg and stwater_400_240.jpg

Typically their name when not in use is THEMENAME_stwater_240_400.jpg where THEMENAME obviously is the name of the theme like classicblue but that is not a guarantee. So if you want them find the files I noted while the theme is active and then you can copy them in over any theme.

A themes .tsk file does include their background. You can easily edit it with zip or 7zip since they are just archives structured very similar to a cab file.

when i tried to change .tsk to .rar and open it, it looked just a like a cab does when you try to directly open it with winrar. so i just changed to .cab and converted to an EXT. thanks again nilse!

Guest thekevster

added a cab to 4th post to change clock to white flip clock. going to use that post for themes/tweaks/fixes from now on.

Been using this for a day so far, and I'm liking it a lot so far :P (M2D Only)

Keep up the good work.

thanks bubba! I'm glad you like it. Let me know if you have any problems and I'll do my best to address them in the next build.

Guest rickhamilton620
here you go rick, attached to this post. just copy to windows folder of device memory, then soft reset.

Sweet! Thanks so much :P

Guest thekevster
Sweet! Thanks so much :P

np! be sure to expand the image before saving after clicking the screenshot otherwise it will save it as 221 x 368 instead of 240 x 400. at least thats what i have to do using internet explorer 8. not sure about other browsers though.

Edited by thekevster

Guest ChillyCat

thekevster

Your "rom" looks absolutly fantastic. I noticed you commented

about the number of downloads -vs- comments.

Unfortunatly, my belief is that folks who flash phones are typically

tinker'ers and also more likely to jump on new tech.

With all the new phones, and even new OS's since the i910 was

released, prolly has allot to do with interest decline.

I've upped to the new Omnia2 as others have. Guess it's just the nature

of how we toss out tech toys [via ebay of course] at a quick pace.

Hang in there. Always gonna be folks that are gonna hang on to the

i910 for quite awhile. IT IS a great phone.

Guest spannville

I for one have tried many roms, I'm a big BW and Storm fan. Kevster your rom is right up there with them if not better than, IMO! This new build is fast and responsive and pretty to look at! Keep up the good work brotha!

Guest atfalcon

I flashed the M2D V3.0 23541 ROM in post #2 and I love it it. It looks really great. My only question is on the internet page (the one with the globe) when I tap it nothing happens. I'm able to go into the programs and get internet with IE or Opera so it's not a big deal I was just wondering if there was something I was missing to get the internet page to work. I have a Samsung Omnia i910 with verizon and the new COF3 loaded. Thanks in advance. Keep up the great work.

Guest gorf1000
I flashed the M2D V3.0 23541 ROM in post #2 and I love it it. It looks really great. My only question is on the internet page (the one with the globe) when I tap it nothing happens. I'm able to go into the programs and get internet with IE or Opera so it's not a big deal I was just wondering if there was something I was missing to get the internet page to work. I have a Samsung Omnia i910 with verizon and the new COF3 loaded. Thanks in advance. Keep up the great work.

You need to go into M2DC and click on the Internet tab, then select the Opera exe out of the Program Files folder for the executable. After you hit Apply it will reload M2D and you'll be good to go.

On another note, does anyone know how to get the taskbar mods to work correctly for a Verizon i910? It appears that Kev loaded the Dusk Taskbar mod into this ROM but the only icon on the taskbar that changes is the Bluetooth icon, the signal/volume/battery/EV icon are all base icons.

Guest thekevster
thekevster

Your "rom" looks absolutly fantastic. I noticed you commented

about the number of downloads -vs- comments.

Unfortunatly, my belief is that folks who flash phones are typically

tinker'ers and also more likely to jump on new tech.

With all the new phones, and even new OS's since the i910 was

released, prolly has allot to do with interest decline.

I've upped to the new Omnia2 as others have. Guess it's just the nature

of how we toss out tech toys [via ebay of course] at a quick pace.

Hang in there. Always gonna be folks that are gonna hang on to the

i910 for quite awhile. IT IS a great phone.

thanks for the input chilly! i agree, there will always be a few that hold onto it for awhile. i myself will probably be one of them as i'm not due for a new 2 year upgrade till may 2011.

I for one have tried many roms, I'm a big BW and Storm fan. Kevster your rom is right up there with them if not better than, IMO! This new build is fast and responsive and pretty to look at! Keep up the good work brotha!

thanks spannville! that means alot to me having my ROMs compared with i910's legendary chefs'!

as gorf said, set it using m2dc. for others who try to do this that are using flotanium, m2dc changes the today soft key on touchflo so nothing happens when you click it, so after using m2dc, change the softkey back to hide or close touchflo in touchflo detacher (located in the flotanium folder of start menu)

On another note, does anyone know how to get the taskbar mods to work correctly for a Verizon i910? It appears that Kev loaded the Dusk Taskbar mod into this ROM but the only icon on the taskbar that changes is the Bluetooth icon, the signal/volume/battery/EV icon are all base icons.

i just edited the bottom bar, taskbar was left the same. i used a combination of tacchan23's gloss black underlay with the gt condor theme's soft buttons. i'm not a big fan of any of the taskbars other than the android taskbar so i left it at its default to allow users to customize it how they wish.

Guest atfalcon

I flashed the M2D v3.0 23541 ROM and everything is working great. I installed the swype cab, but when I switch my input to swype and close the screen the input switches back to keyboard. Is there a way to fix it or is the cab no good. Thanks. Love the ROM by the way.

Guest atfalcon

I read a post a couple of days ago that I think described the problem I'm having, and I think the solution had something to do with a setting in M2DC but I can't remebre what it was. Any help would be great.

Guest thekevster
I flashed the M2D v3.0 23541 ROM and everything is working great. I installed the swype cab, but when I switch my input to swype and close the screen the input switches back to keyboard. Is there a way to fix it or is the cab no good. Thanks. Love the ROM by the way.

run imselector from the start menu, select swype and soft reset then you should be good to go.

Guest bluerhino

Kevster...I think I've flashed one or more roms from all of the Chef's at one point. So far this one (Flotanium) takes the prize (Vet's don't get me wrong, I love all your roms still!) After three days testing, it is solid. Thanks again!

Guest atfalcon
run imselector from the start menu, select swype and soft reset then you should be good to go.

That worked, but maybe you can help me out with something. Now that swype is selected when I go to send a text the swype keyboard comes up but I can only see half of the keyboard and I can't find any settings to reduce the size of the keyboard. I really hate to keep bothering people over what seems to be easy fixes, but you know us noobs. I know I've said this before, but great job on this ROM I love it.

Guest thekevster
That worked, but maybe you can help me out with something. Now that swype is selected when I go to send a text the swype keyboard comes up but I can only see half of the keyboard and I can't find any settings to reduce the size of the keyboard. I really hate to keep bothering people over what seems to be easy fixes, but you know us noobs. I know I've said this before, but great job on this ROM I love it.

the version you have is probably a wvga/vga version. you need to get a wqvga version.

Guest thekevster
Kevster...I think I've flashed one or more roms from all of the Chef's at one point. So far this one (Flotanium) takes the prize (Vet's don't get me wrong, I love all your roms still!) After three days testing, it is solid. Thanks again!

thanks rhino!