JD1 ROM is available at Samsung_Mobile_Firmware_Downloader!Mirrors are appreciate!!!

Guest kydkylin

Guest Snowman119
It takes some time to get used to it but once you switch - there's no way back to standard WM 6.5 (much worse IMHO).

I like magnified fonts for sms messages, much better touch friendliness than stock WM 6.5.0

I am one of the people, who no way back to standard WM 6.5~~~~~~~~ ;)

I love 6.5.3/6.5.5~~~~~~ ;)

Guest takeuchie
I suggest you to use HTC TaskManager. It's a cool and useful app. And the X button can configurable with it.

mind telling me where to get this htc taskmanager..ive been looking for the working version plus how to install it..? ;)

Guest takeuchie
Yes , I think we can have customed ROM with 159 RAM.So just wait~ ;)

Here're screenshots for touch player,almost same as JC2's.

may i know wer did get the theme for the bottom bar..? ;)

Thanks for all your efforts uploading/mirroring... this rom is fantastic... just what i was looking for >.< b

*** My 5th Hr experiences with JD1 ***

Start menu is better in a way. I was quite used to the menu stopping every page but this is quite nice as i can scroll quickly

Widgetplus is nice... the pages scroll quick and once loaded it stays. Love how the pages perform transitions more quickly and smoothly.

As for XTRA, some said it works fine... for me it returns to default once it is enabled... ill make sure to use the reg changes

Asian Lang. displays and types fine. No problems displaying Korean & Chinese. Reads all Korean from my USIM and Phone contacts. I was worried about my MoaKey not working on it but its all good. (Also has regional settings for Korean! never seen this on other IK2, JB1 roms)

Guest skoda60
For writing,you should install some Chinese input,something like A4输入法,梅花输入法 and so on.Very easy to find them using google~

For written input, either used Samsung panel or 国笔输入法(attached).

GB_PPC_2.1.8.rar

Guest skoda60

A known XTRA bug. even by edit the registry, it can download through GPRS. but still worked differently then JC1 and all the previous ROM. Normally when you run any GPS program with XTRA enabled. it will connected to GPRS which made the fix very fast, but this version not worked this way.

JD1 was better page rendering then the previous 6.5.3 within the current page. previously version some program bottom menu was covered by the thick bottom bar. Some program without the X buttom so I need to used the hardware end buttom to exit. Now I backed to JC1_Euro already.

Guest kydkylin
Both of them not working on JD1 rom.

Just see page 11 #209.Try it.

For written input, either used Samsung panel or 国笔输入法(attached).

Thx for your sharing~ ;)

A known XTRA bug. even by edit the registry, it can download through GPRS. but still worked differently then JC1 and all the previous ROM. Normally when you run any GPS program with XTRA enabled. it will connected to GPRS which made the fix very fast, but this version not worked this way.

JD1 was better page rendering then the previous 6.5.3 within the current page. previously version some program bottom menu was covered by the thick bottom bar. Some program without the X buttom so I need to used the hardware end buttom to exit. Now I backed to JC1_Euro already.

1.I just tried the GPS once, and it works OK for me.By the way, I don't care it too much as I don't use it often.

2.For the thick bottom bar,it's never a problem for me.Just try the xhook.exe as attached~

XHook.exe

Guest kydkylin
I can confirm the extra memory when setting the pagepool to 8MB. This is my lite version I'm working on.

post-557795-1270897841_thumb.jpg

Thank you very much~~ ;)

Looking forward to your lite version released~~ ;)

Guest kydkylin
Thanks for all your efforts uploading/mirroring... this rom is fantastic... just what i was looking for >.< b

*** My 5th Hr experiences with JD1 ***

Start menu is better in a way. I was quite used to the menu stopping every page but this is quite nice as i can scroll quickly

Widgetplus is nice... the pages scroll quick and once loaded it stays. Love how the pages perform transitions more quickly and smoothly.

As for XTRA, some said it works fine... for me it returns to default once it is enabled... ill make sure to use the reg changes

Asian Lang. displays and types fine. No problems displaying Korean & Chinese. Reads all Korean from my USIM and Phone contacts. I was worried about my MoaKey not working on it but its all good. (Also has regional settings for Korean! never seen this on other IK2, JB1 roms)

Thanks for the info~ ;)

Guest TIEfighter

Some thoughts for the undecided (coming from JB1):

1. Start Menu better, you can drag&drop icons anywhere you want.

2. Today screen better, more responsive, still prefer Samsung Today

3. No Youtube/Facebook app pre-installed, but easily obtainable via marketplace or m.youtube.com/app

4. Bottom bar IS an improvement, though it looks rather bad with the default skin. The new theme on page 10 of this thread, however, makes it look gorgeous.

5. Media Player is HUGELY improved, and they did something to make volume control better. Now you can only set the volume with the side buttons, there´s no (useless) control in the media player UI.

6. Camera picture quality seems a little better to me. Was at a party yesterday and took some nice fotos. Older ROMs had trouble with low-light-scenarios, this one seems improved.

Guest yr6666
11.Touch sensitivity is low (default) - touch.cab makes it perfect (tweak required)

where i can found this? or just set "minimumtaptime" to 0

Guest kydkylin
Some thoughts for the undecided (coming from JB1):

1. Start Menu better, you can drag&drop icons anywhere you want.

2. Today screen better, more responsive, still prefer Samsung Today

3. No Youtube/Facebook app pre-installed, but easily obtainable via marketplace or m.youtube.com/app

4. Bottom bar IS an improvement, though it looks rather bad with the default skin. The new theme on page 10 of this thread, however, makes it look gorgeous.

5. Media Player is HUGELY improved, and they did something to make volume control better. Now you can only set the volume with the side buttons, there´s no (useless) control in the media player UI.

6. Camera picture quality seems a little better to me. Was at a party yesterday and took some nice fotos. Older ROMs had trouble with low-light-scenarios, this one seems improved.

Thx for your info~ ;)

Guest AndrewTan

1st I like to thanks kydkylin for this greatest ROM. 谢谢您!This is by far the best ROM by Samsung.

4507806604_124733f449_o.png4507807266_1ecb426f8f_o.png

4507170209_d3668abe9b_o.png4507168357_9d638886fd_o.png

4507171695_73f3e03d37_o.png4507809674_d9abca555a_o.png

4507415515_e91b3aa577_o.png4507808738_f927403fa9_o.png

4507808420_e644e19b42_o.png4507170477_5232d5ae86_o.png

My small review of JD1 ROM:

- 1st Official Samsung WM 6.5.3 ROM.

- No more Alignment Issue.

- The most smoother Samsung WidgetPlus - no longer refresh the widget and jumping between each page is fluid and smooth.

- New Media Player, re-design with big and clear cover display (Similar with JC2) with better volumn control at left side volumn button.

- New Photo app as now it allow you to deselect folder you don't want to be display.

- Re-skin the calculator, must more better color than JC2.

- Re-skin of Samsung Keyboard which now suite better with theme and dialpad.

- Top header re-color, now is even much more better than JC2 which darker and better coloring.

- The Dice game is still the old one, why only Taiwan and Hong Kong preloaded with newer dice.

- New incoming call screen when device is unlock.

- New Opera Mobile 9.7 preloaded.

- More RAM available, now 152.13MB available.

- No issue displaying asian language.

- Samsung Main Menu & Cube 3D removed. Kinda miss it but is ok as it is pointless to having it.

- Larger Indicator has been remove and replace with default WM 6.5.3 one.

Edited by AndrewTan

Guest kydkylin

@AndrewTan

You're welcome(不用客氣 ;) )~

I'm just a messager~

Great thx to samsung for the wonderful rom,

quattro formaggi who give us the great Samsung Mobile Firmware Downloader,

so many kind people who give us the mirrors~~~ ;)

Thx to you for the sreenshots and review ;)

Not too sure if anyone encountered this... im doing a hard reset as i type...

My GPS doesnt get the same lock-speed as my JB1.

I have used XTRA and tweaked Nogarder GPS settings a bit but all i get is 2 sat's with 25~29dB and all other sats are 0dB

O2 Compass doesnt even detect any Sat's and route 66 cant detect. Google Maps times out and tells me my GPS is weak...

Anyone else getting this GPS detection problem?

*EDIT* - After hard reset its fine... managed to get a good lock within 30 sec after XTRA download.

Edited by M102

Guest manosandrea

1) How can we bypass the rom's incoming call screen and use the s2u2's ?????????? , which is full screen ??????

with the rom's incoming call screen the buttons can be pressed anyway, they don't lock !!!!

2) I noticed a bug : when changig from vibration to normal sounds , the phone loses the parameters, always the ring volume is 0 !!!!!!!

Guest AndrewTan
1) How can we bypass the rom's incoming call screen and use the s2u2's ?????????? , which is full screen ??????

with the rom's incoming call screen the buttons can be pressed anyway, they don't lock !!!!

2) I noticed a bug : when changig from vibration to normal sounds , the phone loses the parameters, always the ring volume is 0 !!!!!!!

The new incoming call screen only appear when your phone is unlock. It switch back to default WM screen which you need to slide to answer when screen is lock. They is no way you will accidently pressed when incoming call is coming. Unless you never use the screen lock.