I8000 - WM6.5.3 Update 20 March 2011

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest jhlee_0722
Does anyone know if there is a way to link to the Samsung Wireless Manager directly?

I want to add it to either the start menu or an application like Wisbar Advanced Desktop but i cant find an .ink or exe file to point to ;)

i know there is a direct link somewhere because the if i tap the bar at the top of the screen, and select the reception bars icon, there is a "wireless manager" text i can click on to get to it.

Just don't know where it is!

try finding windows/setting_WiFi.exe , make a shortcut of it n paste it wher u wan.

Guest sindark
try finding windows/setting_WiFi.exe , make a shortcut of it n paste it wher u wan.

No luck unfortunately, the "setting_Wifi.exe" isn't in in the windows folder ;)

Thanks for the suggestion though, any other ideas?

Guest jhlee_0722
No luck unfortunately, the "setting_Wifi.exe" isn't in in the windows folder ;)

Thanks for the suggestion though, any other ideas?

it is in the windows folder. i just tried n it works. which explorer u using? make sure "show all files" is enabled if ur using the default samsung explorer. i recommend using resco explorer or total commander.

Guest Gary Crutcher

Here is a list of control panel direct access codes.

Create a .lnk file containing: 35#”ctlpnl.exe” \Windows\cplmain.cpl,*

where * is one of the following numbers.

Ex: 35#”ctlpnl.exe” \Windows\cplmain.cpl,4 (for memory)

1 = Password

2 = Owner Information

3 = Power

4 = Memory

5 = About

6 = Backlight

7 = Screen

8 = Input

9 = Sounds and Notifications

10 = Remove Programs

11 = ******

12 = Buttons

13 = Home Screen Settings

14 = Domain Enroll

15 = Beam Mode

16 = Clocks and Alarms

17 = Wi-Fi

18 = Regional Settings

19 = Connections

20 = Phone Settings

21 = ******

22 = Certificates

23 = Bluetooth

24 = Error Reporting

25 = GPS Settings

26 = Wireless Manager

27 = Encryption

28 = USB to PC

29 = Customer Feedback

30 = Task Manager

Enjoy! ;)

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest Shashu

Hi,

I have a small issue that may have an obvious answer.

I updated to the WM 6.5.5 build 23559 (JD1 EURO version) ROM. Love it so far but there is one thing missing that might kill it for me.

I sync with a corp exchange server, and in my stock ROM I had an option to set it to sync constantly only between certain hours (8am to 6pm for ex) which saved battery life quite a bit as you can imagine. It also kept me from constantly being reminded of the crazy hours most people send me work emails at!

The issue is probably obvious at this point - I cannot find that setting anywhere on the new version. I am wondering if it is 'hidden' away somewhere, or if I am going to have to roll back to another version. Can anyone comment? To that end, I was hoping someone could confirm whether the 6.5.3 upgrade stream has that feature.

Thanks!

And Gary, excellent work on the ROMs!!

Guest nap_rz
I flash at least 6-10 times a day while building roms, so imagine what I go through. :huh:

you must have 2 phones, otherwise how could people contact you if your phone is being flashed all the day. :P

Guest Gary Crutcher
what's new on this one??? u didn't provide enough information :huh: have u cooked in the themed titanium?

I have no change log, so I don't know what was update/fixed/added/removed.

Yes, titanium cooked in.

Guest Gary Crutcher
I meant, this one?

At this time no.

There is no periodic auto connect for updating the weather nor is there an auto-connect to get the weather info.

It assumes you are always connected to the internet.

I may see if I can mod the mortscript.

Also, it is very specific how you set it up.

And some of the today screen icons I could not get to work. Could be my fault. Don't know yet.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest conqueror

Thanks Gary for your great Roms;

I want to know the best way to avoid losing the data saved on the Storage Card while flashing and what exactly cause such an incident; is it the CSC or phone part.

Another thing; is it possible to disable the Incoming Voice Call screen (attached) as it is preveting from using another caller ID screens such as Inesoft one. And how should I enable the rotation feature.

post-246075-1272127078_thumb.png

Edited by conqueror

Guest bouboule

Hi,

Is it possible not to see the Mortscript screen or disappear after few seconds at each time we start the phone or make a soft reset

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi,

Is it possible not to see the Mortscript screen or disappear after few seconds at each time we start the phone or make a soft reset

In the readme file in Post #1, I explained that if the mortscript message bothers you upon each boot,

you can delete the following:

\Windows\StartUp\mortscript.lnk

:huh:

Guest dande

Hi Gary,

I have a rom version without Samsung Today but I have install it by cab.

Works fine except shortcuts that do not work although I have add shortcutpicker.exe

Do you know what else should I add in order to work?

Probably something you deleted from registry?

Thank you.

Edited by dande

Guest bouboule
In the readme file in Post #1, I explained that if the mortscript message bothers you upon each boot,

you can delete the following:

\Windows\StartUp\mortscript.lnk

:huh:

Sorry i haven't read enough

Thanks

Guest nap_rz

I'm using the 1st rom that include app launcher, I have a problem here, after a few days, the phone could just suddenly freeze while being used (could be on a random use, couldn't test it) I could turned off the phone but unable to do anything else than it and turned off the screen ----> which returned back to the freezed screen and condition after woke up; to put it simply, I have to restart / soft reset the phone

didn't happen with JD1 samsung today, for example...

Guest Gary Crutcher
I'm using the 1st rom that include app launcher, I have a problem here, after a few days, the phone could just suddenly freeze while being used (could be on a random use, couldn't test it) I could turned off the phone but unable to do anything else than it and turned off the screen ----> which returned back to the freezed screen and condition after woke up; to put it simply, I have to restart / soft reset the phone

didn't happen with JD1 samsung today, for example...

Actually, there were 2 (1st roms) that included the applauncher: JD1/21647 and JD1/23113

I have had no reports of this happening and I don't think it is because of the applauncher.

I have not changed anything in either the applauncher nor the Titanium interface, which

have been used in all JD3 roms.

Guest dande
hai garry, since you are unable to cook with titanium ltd, how about using gchris titanium? http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...vga-wqvga-qvga/

but change the cmanilla to app launcher....

Did you try it gchris with app launcher?

If you have, give us a screenshot please

But why to build a rom with something which can easily make it yourself.

It's much better to leave the rom with a basic theme and everyone build whatever he likes.

Cheers