DC22 6.5 23569

Guest peperonikiller

Guest .Ejekt
I love your M2D build, so fast, like i never seen before. lol

But i'm curious I'd like to play with gps lock to get faster locking times, but i'm confused in how i should be messing with it, people seem to say 0, 512, 512 is the way to go, but then sometimes google maps gets an error when talking to the gps. So what should i be looking for when i test it? just get it as low as i can go and run stable? should i use google maps for testing?

What I really wanted to ask though is how do I change the background in M2D, you didn't include a M2DC (i think because the current version out doesn't support M2D2).

I don't know which build you personally use on your phone, but in the M2D build the background is so light you can't read text messages, and the weather is a bit difficult, so i wanted to change the m2d background so something a little darker because the text is all white (or can you turn the text to black? that would probably work better in sunlight, a light background with black text)

Thanks for the help, keep on cooking :(

M2DC lets you change the background for all panels under the "Background" tab.

Guest NilsE
Quick question - for the lite V4, how can I turn off "conversation mode" for text messages?

Just tap on conversation and change it to what you want like received

Guest kukudm
Just tap on conversation and change it to what you want like received

Any step-by-step instruction?

For the other ROM's (theKevster DC22 23563, stock WM), I could do this by going to Setting -> System -> Text Message, and disable the conversation mode. But Pep's Lite V4 ROM doesn't even have this "Text Message" icon under the System folder.

Any other ways I can do this? Would appreciate a step-by-step instruction. Thanks.

Guest peperonikiller

Let me try to find a cab for Text Mode. And for the background picture I actually will be changing it in the next build, or making it darker, from what i know nobody has been able to change the text in M2D to black >.> which i really would like to do.

I myself have not played around with GPS Lock Fix much but the values that are suggested in the programs help menu.

Guest robertjm

A while ago someone posted a .cab program here on Modaco for changing SMS mode from Threaded to non-Threaded on the fly.

Since I couldn't find the original thread I'm sharing it on my 4Shared account.

Guest robertjm

Hidden files? Who'd have thunk it? :(

Yes, they were .lnk files, I was just using the wrong term. Anyways, I figured it out. Since the programs are cooked into the ROM, they don't show up in the file explorer (because they're system files and explorer's default settings hide sys files) You just need to set file explorer to unhide system files and they should show up in the Start Menu folder.

Guest kukudm
A while ago someone posted a .cab program here on Modaco for changing SMS mode from Threaded to non-Threaded on the fly.

Since I couldn't find the original thread I'm sharing it on my 4Shared account.

Thanks Robert, will give it a try when I get back home.

On the fly means no need to reboot?? That'd be awesome

Guest robertjm

That is correct!

Options are:

Threaded

No Threading

Make your choice and then click the Save button, and exit from OmniaThread, and that's it. Wish I could claim the writing of it, but I'm not. Just something I downloaded a long time ago because I HATE threaded SMS msgs.

Robert

Thanks Robert, will give it a try when I get back home.

On the fly means no need to reboot?? That'd be awesome

post-369404-1275086671_thumb.jpg

Edited by robertjm

Guest NilsE
Any step-by-step instruction?

For the other ROM's (theKevster DC22 23563, stock WM), I could do this by going to Setting -> System -> Text Message, and disable the conversation mode. But Pep's Lite V4 ROM doesn't even have this "Text Message" icon under the System folder.

Any other ways I can do this? Would appreciate a step-by-step instruction. Thanks.

Just go into the SMS inbox and tap on the word "conversation" at the upper right and a menu of choices will pop up. Pick "Received"

Edited by NilsE

Guest kukudm

@Robert - thanks! The cab works perfectly for switching off Threaded SMS

@Nil - thanks for your help. I tried your method but for some reason when I click open a SMS, the word "conversation" is not tappable... Anyways, Robert's cab file worked great for me. So I guess I'm all happy now

Guest fourzeronine

Awesome ROM, most stable rom i've had in a long time. Fast too. I would like to see finger mouse cooked in the future but its not hard to install. Ive only experienced one bug so far it had to do with activesync being on and plugged in overnight, after i unplugged the omnia kept trying to sync and when i switched it to mass storage it locked. no biggy really, it could have just been my desktop messing it up. who knows, thanks again. im using titanium btw.

Guest peperonikiller
Awesome ROM, most stable rom i've had in a long time. Fast too. I would like to see finger mouse cooked in the future but its not hard to install. Ive only experienced one bug so far it had to do with activesync being on and plugged in overnight, after i unplugged the omnia kept trying to sync and when i switched it to mass storage it locked. no biggy really, it could have just been my desktop messing it up. who knows, thanks again. im using titanium btw.

Thanks for the kind words and reports. The Titanium rom DOES need to be updated, my latest releases have been on the M2D rom as I wanted to get that pushed out for people. I've been pretty busy lately and have not found the time to even open my kitchen, but hopefully soon i will get around to updating all my roms!

Guest carpcmelee

Used to be a huge Liortye fan, tried your M2D rom, and I'm hooked. It's fast, it's stable, the battery life is great, it never freezes. I've had to do one soft reset in the past week. This is the best M2D rom. Thanks master Pep :(

Guest peperonikiller
Used to be a huge Liortye fan, tried your M2D rom, and I'm hooked. It's fast, it's stable, the battery life is great, it never freezes. I've had to do one soft reset in the past week. This is the best M2D rom. Thanks master Pep :(

Wow, Thank you! and your welcome! :( Sadly i must admit i find myself working on the graphic side of the rom way more then the technical side. So its good to hear its running smooth for you!

In the near future I will update all 3 roms with a newer background image thats not so white, especially for the M2D rom as it is hard to see the white text occasionally.

I also will probably release my full kitchen for others to play with since i dont update too often

Guest byutzy
Wow, Thank you! and your welcome! :) Sadly i must admit i find myself working on the graphic side of the rom way more then the technical side. So its good to hear its running smooth for you!

In the near future I will update all 3 roms with a newer background image thats not so white, especially for the M2D rom as it is hard to see the white text occasionally.

Sweet. I just flashed to yours yesterday and the first thing I did was install waremike's themes lol. I hate light backgrounds

Guest fourzeronine

m2d is cool but for me it just doesn't feel like its properly formatted for the screen size on the omnia. cant wait for the next titanium release. 2 questions... my office says the beta has expired, how do i fix this or where can i get a non beta? and what the best way to change the background, if i do it on the phone it only changes it on the home screen, not on the lock, start, or task bars. thanks again pep!

Guest fourzeronine

nevermind i retract the wallpaper question, that must have been an old rls that was doing that. still wats up with office? thanks!

Guest stromam

For some reason I can't download the Titanium file from the server you posted it on. It only downloads like 85k then says its done. Is there any other way I can get a hold of your titanium rom? Thanks.

Guest kukudm

Thanks Pep for the Lite v5! Any suggestions on themes that would run well with your Lite v5? Pure black looks very cool, but I personally prefer some graphics over pure black.

By the way, I'm running the Lite v4, and can't locate the "flash light". Is it removed in v5 as well? Do you have a cab for it?

Guest peperonikiller
Thanks Pep for the Lite v5! Any suggestions on themes that would run well with your Lite v5? Pure black looks very cool, but I personally prefer some graphics over pure black.

By the way, I'm running the Lite v4, and can't locate the "flash light". Is it removed in v5 as well? Do you have a cab for it?

v5 still doesnt have it :/ but you can easily find the TorchButton app and assign that to a hard key

Guest byutzy

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=581382