Official B7610NXXJC2 ROM available

Guest Davka

Guest kukky
Can somebody who already installed this rom share some screenshots specially the new features such as the messaging and settings?

yes...what's new?? i'm not having problem with my rom now :huh:

Guest Mildew

Guys need help here. The colon and apostrophe on the QWERTY keyboard is typing a different symbol. My language is set at English UK. Is this a bug?

Guest fier03

it isn't a bug,it's only the layout of english keyboard different from the one u have,to solve just flash the right csc for your area,or if you find it change the international settings of your phone to the right location.

if your area isn't included in this CSC just reflash the one you had before and then flash only the pda and phone part of this rom.

however i'm using it,i can see very few differences between this one and the il2 one,a part the settings and messages,maybe some more free ram but only few MB

Guest nizar445
Guys need help here. The colon and apostrophe on the QWERTY keyboard is typing a different symbol. My language is set at English UK. Is this a bug?

Hi mate, I’ve just tried all the keys in the QWERTY keyboard and all seems to work fine on my phone. So I don’t think it’s a bug! Just try what is Davka said before.

BTW, My device Rom details are:

PDA: B7610NXXJC2

CSC: B7610O2UIJ2

PHONE: B7610XXIJ1

And of course language set to English UK.

Guest boyong

Me too had mistakenly installed the csc part of this rom and made my keyboard type differently. So my question now is what if I only flash the csc but not the pda, will my current settings be erased or it will stay as is?

Guest defloco
Me too had mistakenly installed the csc part of this rom and made my keyboard type differently. So my question now is what if I only flash the csc but not the pda, will my current settings be erased or it will stay as is?

did the same mistake. :P

boyong, penge ng csc na pang pinas kung meron ka. salamat. :huh:

Guest Mildew

What's the latest csc file for the english keyboard without the weird stuff? Daskalos is using B7610NXTCIL3, I'm assuming that's the latest one? Where can I get it?

Guest .:stn:.

the CSC I'm using it's form latest OPEN FW XEOIL4 I can upload this CSC if soemone wants. It has multiple options to choose lg settings from.

the screns of SMS, settings, clock

screen04fi.th.png

screen03yw.th.png

screen02y.th.png

Edited by .:stn:.

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

Hi Guys,

I am from India and am having the stock WM 6.1 ROM on my phone. My ROM details are :

PDA: B7610DDIJ3

Phone: B7610XXIJ4

CSC: B7610INUIJ3

I want to know that If i extract out the PDA.nb0 part from this rom and use it alone, while keeping my 6.1 ROM's CSC and EBoot, will this rom work perfectly? or will using the older EBoot/CSC cause problems? Samsung has not released any 6.5 update in India till now nor are they giving any indication of one coming soon, I contacted the customer care twice. I use to cook a lot for my previous HTC phone but I am new to Omnia world. So still gathering information about it. Is their a difference between CSC/EBoot for 6.1 and 6.5?

Can somebody please explain?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Sumit Bhardwaj

Guest xbongx
Hi Guys,

I am from India and am having the stock WM 6.1 ROM on my phone. My ROM details are :

PDA: B7610DDIJ3

Phone: B7610XXIJ4

CSC: B7610INUIJ3

I want to know that If i extract out the PDA.nb0 part from this rom and use it alone, while keeping my 6.1 ROM's CSC and EBoot, will this rom work perfectly? or will using the older EBoot/CSC cause problems? Samsung has not released any 6.5 update in India till now nor are they giving any indication of one coming soon, I contacted the customer care twice. I use to cook a lot for my previous HTC phone but I am new to Omnia world. So still gathering information about it. Is their a difference between CSC/EBoot for 6.1 and 6.5?

Can somebody please explain?

Thanks in advance!

yes of course

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj
yes of course

Hey thanks a lot for the reply. But are you sure about the CSC/Eboot versions? I remember seeing it written somewhere that when we upgrade to the 6.5 ROMs (official), the Eboot/CSC gets updated and that is required for the ROM to function properly. I am not 100% sure about it but still I have my doubts. Is their somebody else here who has done the same, ie. upgraded from 6.1 to 6.5 unofficially?

Also I wanted to ask that if I flash the MST file, will it update the Eboot/CSC?

UPDATE: Got it. The MST does have the Eboot part, but not CSC. I extracted pda.nb0 using i900Extractor and used it. Worked absolutely fine, just the free ram is too low as my eboot is still using the 20 MB PP of 6.1. Plus the Widget interface is causing some problem. When I am selecting more widgets in Widet's settings menu, first the entries are being displayed in black (or maybe no text) and selecting any one of them is causing all the Widgets except digital clock to disappear. Will wait for the official update I think.

Edited by Sumit Bhardwaj

Guest me00016

I fully updated to this ROM without problem. Include also new csc. Some dannish were changed by changing regional settings from Denmark to myLocation.

Something new that Samsung added in this ROM and MUST be known to cooks is that there is a small app (called Management Change, I translated) that remaps the w/l button to any home items you like, i.e. B7610 users now can change not only between Work or Life modes, but Windows Default (if you have winmo 6.5), SPB Shell, PointUI, e.t.c. Unfortunately you can map only 2 UI at a time.

Now, after a week's time passed I find the ROM again very poor on memory management. It freezes many times after switching to demanding RAM tasks (like Opera) or using messages-emails. I wonder if this has any relation to the "close button" samsung setting.

However, I will stick with this for the moment because everything I need are all here out of the box, without tweaking or installing-uninstalling cabs endlessly. Megalite ROMs are tempting, but they are in english and miss many essential parts (like volume graphical up/down).

Edited by me00016

Guest defloco
I fully updated to this ROM without problem. Include also new csc. Some dannish were changed by changing regional settings from Denmark to myLocation.

Something new that Samsung added in this ROM and MUST be known to cooks is that there is a small app (called Management Change, I translated) that remaps the w/l button to any home items you like, i.e. B7610 users now can change not only between Work or Life modes, but Windows Default (if you have winmo 6.5), SPB Shell, PointUI, e.t.c. Unfortunately you can map only 2 UI at a time.

where can I find that option? thanks.