Official B7610NXXJC2 ROM available

Guest Davka

Guest Boertje1991

I've downloaded this ROM, but I have a few questions before flashing.

Which parts should I flash to make it work the best? I've read about people only flashing the MST or just everything.

Guest defloco
I've downloaded this ROM, but I have a few questions before flashing.

Which parts should I flash to make it work the best? I've read about people only flashing the MST or just everything.

just flash the .mst only.

Guest Danji

In Samsung Mobile Firmware Downloader there are 9 new roms after JC2 (2010.05.01/2010.05.02). What difference? The last update is:

GT-B7610_B7610NXXIK6_B7610NTENIL4_B7610XXIK3_B7610NTENIL4_XX_TEN

Guest Ignition

i have flashed this ROM.. awesome work guys...

but Samsung, you suck !! a few of you have said its faster, especially the messaging.. But i am not noticing a difference whatsoever.. the samsung conversation is so slow.. loading up the samsung message program is sooo slow... touchwiz is still SOOOOOOO SLOW....

so just like the previous build i will be turning off the Samsung UI from everywhere and using the default microsoft message program which sucks but its fast...

thanks samsung for the extra settings.. apart from that i cant say this build improves much over the last..... pity..

Guest RATTLE_FISH

Really Nice ROM.

Feels refreshing. Still some improvement is required. Not as fast as thought it to be.

Liberty to turn off the Touchwiz is no more. :-)

Call Record feature may come in handy at times.

Guest RATTLE_FISH

This version has a bug, short ring missed calls do not show the caller's number. I had experienced it with earlier versions also.

This is a problem as you do not get know who was trying to reach you.

Guest xbongx
This version has a bug, short ring missed calls do not show the caller's number. I had experienced it with earlier versions also.

This is a problem as you do not get know who was trying to reach you.

Yes me also, on every ROM I try every ROM its d same

Edited by xbongx

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj
Yes me also, on every ROM I try every ROM its d same

In Settings>General Settings>Power Settings>Performance, set the value to High instead of Automatic. This will lessen the delay and make it quiet usable. This is a known problem and if you try to look a little bit in the forum, there is a dedicated thread going over this topic.

Cheers! :P

Guest Ignition

i installed this rom and the : and ; keys are back to front and I cannot do a question mark ? .....

any ideas on how to get the keyboard to map correctly ??

Guest Mildew
In Settings>General Settings>Power Settings>Performance, set the value to High instead of Automatic. This will lessen the delay and make it quiet usable. This is a known problem and if you try to look a little bit in the forum, there is a dedicated thread going over this topic.

Cheers! :P

I tried this and it works a bit. Thanks!

But now I have to leave the performance to "high" all the time now. I wonder how this would affect the battery life.

Guest Davka
hay

so what a version of 6.5 is it .. :P

is the windows icon at lower left?

thank you

mfg

Mar-C-Luz

If you're assuming that I was joking about Windows version and build in the first post, then you can take this response for real - it's Windows Mobile 1.0, Windows icon is on bottom-right :D

<facepalm>

Guest passion_streak

Samsung Mobile Firmware Downloader is not working for me .. anyone facing the same problem ??

Edited by passion_streak

Guest passion_streak
Samsung blocked it ;)

AWWWWWWW :D .. SAMSUNG SUCKS .. it isnt releasing any official upgrade & is not allowing us to download unofficial version either :( :)

Guest indivx
okay guys i am using this rom for the past 2 days...and now i can officially announce that this rom is faster than any full roms we had in the past ;) ...samsung sms application is way faster than before, all applications and touch response is snappier than before ,most important of all the bad colour problem of the images in image application and videos in the touch player has been fixed, though not completely, but looks way better than any previous 6.5 roms...but the camera still shows bad colours in the dark areas, but once the snap is taken it looks normal....

I have flashed all the files...ie. eboot, PDA, CSC & phone

This is a must upgrade for anyone who has been using any previous roms :)

My device :

PDA : B7610NXXJC2

CSC : B7610NXEUIL4

PHONE : B7610XXLC1

You flashed all files eboot, PDA, CSC, and Phone, then why your device showing IL4 in CSC and LC1 in phone, is this the previous configuration (I mean before flashing this JC2 firmware), if this is your current configuration then help me out the find this open XEUIL4 CSC which you have used. I am from India and wants to know whether JC2 CSC have changed the Keyboard layout as mentioned by some people in this thread.

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj
You flashed all files eboot, PDA, CSC, and Phone, then why your device showing IL4 in CSC and LC1 in phone, is this the previous configuration (I mean before flashing this JC2 firmware), if this is your current configuration then help me out the find this open XEUIL4 CSC which you have used. I am from India and wants to know whether JC2 CSC have changed the Keyboard layout as mentioned by some people in this thread.

HI indivx, I guess you see this thread of mine. This might clear some of your doubts :)

http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...b7610-in-india/

Guest indivx
Guys need help here. The colon and apostrophe on the QWERTY keyboard is typing a different symbol. My language is set at English UK. Is this a bug?

Are the colon and apostrophe on the keyboard are the only two keys which are messed up by using JC2 CSC or is there anyother change as well.............please explain

Whether you have found any tweak or setting which can solve this problem or you just replaced the CSC with another.....if you simply replaced the CSC, please tell us which one you used to solve the problem.

Thanks

Guest indivx
Hi mate, I’ve just tried all the keys in the QWERTY keyboard and all seems to work fine on my phone. So I don’t think it’s a bug! Just try what is Davka said before.

BTW, My device Rom details are:

PDA: B7610NXXJC2

CSC: B7610O2UIJ2

PHONE: B7610XXIJ1

And of course language set to English UK.

can you please explain that if you used all the parts including the JC2 CSC then howcome your phone specs are showing CSC as IJ2 and phone IJ1.

Thanks

Guest indivx
I fully updated to this ROM without problem. Include also new csc. Some dannish were changed by changing regional settings from Denmark to myLocation.

Something new that Samsung added in this ROM and MUST be known to cooks is that there is a small app (called Management Change, I translated) that remaps the w/l button to any home items you like, i.e. B7610 users now can change not only between Work or Life modes, but Windows Default (if you have winmo 6.5), SPB Shell, PointUI, e.t.c. Unfortunately you can map only 2 UI at a time.

Now, after a week's time passed I find the ROM again very poor on memory management. It freezes many times after switching to demanding RAM tasks (like Opera) or using messages-emails. I wonder if this has any relation to the "close button" samsung setting.

However, I will stick with this for the moment because everything I need are all here out of the box, without tweaking or installing-uninstalling cabs endlessly. Megalite ROMs are tempting, but they are in english and miss many essential parts (like volume graphical up/down).

Can you please explain that when you flashed this JC2, did you keyboard layout also get messed up as mentioned by some people here......how exactly did you get it right or back to original (or English) keyboard layout............Please need your help urgently.

THanks in advance.

Guest nizar445
can you please explain that if you used all the parts including the JC2 CSC then howcome your phone specs are showing CSC as IJ2 and phone IJ1.

Thanks

I did not use all the parts, I only updated the PDA part, the rest are the originals.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

Hey Daskalos,

As you might already know that the Samsung Firmware Update Downloader has started working again. Today I checked it and found a new ROM uploaded. Its JC2 but the upload date is newer and it has XEN in its name instead of XEE. Can this be an updated version of the JC2 ROM? Take a look for yourself here :

jc2new.jpg

If its an updated version then I would request you to please try and download it, I just jacked up on my chance. Now it won't let me download it before tomorrow. :|

Guest xbongx
Hey Daskalos,

As you might already know that the Samsung Firmware Update Downloader has started working again. Today I checked it and found a new ROM uploaded. Its JC2 but the upload date is newer and it has XEN in its name instead of XEE. Can this be an updated version of the JC2 ROM? Take a look for yourself here :

jc2new.jpg

If its an updated version then I would request you to please try and download it, I just jacked up on my chance. Now it won't let me download it before tomorrow. :|

downloading it now....

the different i think is jst the CSC wich country could it beh

Edited by xbongx