U8110 Android 2.1 ROM

Guest BigBearMDC

Guest BigBearMDC

My biggest apprehension is that this just won't even boot on the Pulse without the 2.6.29 kernel ...

Well, lets dig out our old 2.6.29 msm kernel source....

Guest -Wii-

Your efforts are greatly appreciated, when you have done it, maybe you should send it to Huwei and tell them that seen as though you are more efficient at doing it than their entire team would they like to offer you a job :-)

Guest Neron
My biggest apprehension is that this just won't even boot on the Pulse without the 2.6.29 kernel ...

Nice one mate cant wait!

Guest MarcusHenrique

Ohh can't wait!

Hey David Horvath I'm proud to say that i'm using ubuntu for 3 days now! With wubi, but it's still flawless!

Thank you for that! =P

Guest Tom G

Can someone make this file available to the rest of use. I know it will be of limited use until we can get a 2.6.29 kernel booting on the pulse, but there are a few things I would like to look at in there.

I started playing with some 2.6.29 source from codeaurora a few days ago, it builds fine, but as expected it doesn't boot. Hopefully I will have a bit of time in the next few days to experiment with it.

Guest thfc5975
Can someone make this file available to the rest of use. I know it will be of limited use until we can get a 2.6.29 kernel booting on the pulse, but there are a few things I would like to look at in there.

I started playing with some 2.6.29 source from codeaurora a few days ago, it builds fine, but as expected it doesn't boot. Hopefully I will have a bit of time in the next few days to experiment with it.

Tom, at the risk of sounding like a total and utter Noob whats so important about this kernel and why?

Mark

Guest MarcusHenrique
Tom, at the risk of sounding like a total and utter Noob whats so important about this kernel and why?

Mark

I understand that that kernel version is required to 2.1 work at our mobiles =)

Guest Willz

I'm sorry, I am very new to all of this.. but, what's everyone getting so excited about? Is this the 2.1 update everyone is talking about? If so, what more is it giving our Pulses..? :huh:

Guest shisan

Thanks to bigbear~~~

Guest David Horvath
Ohh can't wait!

Hey David Horvath I'm proud to say that i'm using ubuntu for 3 days now! With wubi, but it's still flawless!

Thank you for that! =P

I'm happy about it :huh: If you need advice, help or whatsoever, let me know, i'm glad to help. I've switched from windows 3 years ago, i should have some experience :P

Guest Totyasrác

Well, guys - I couldn't sleep if I was able to do anything having just gotten the 'ammo' for a possible new MCR :P

(With all the respects towards BigBear - shouldn't we tell Paul 'bout THIS? :huh: )

Edited by Totyasrác

Guest Samlock
Well, guys - I couldn't sleep if I was able to do anything having just gotten the 'ammo' for a possible new MCR :blink:

(With all the respects towards BigBear - shouldn't we tell Paul 'bout THIS? :P )

If he's back in the UK now, he'll know... :huh:

Guest Azurren
I'm sorry, I am very new to all of this.. but, what's everyone getting so excited about? Is this the 2.1 update everyone is talking about? If so, what more is it giving our Pulses..? :huh:

It is a leaked rom from the pulse / pulse mini or some other pulse like device. Chances are it won't even work on the pulse as it is but with some hacking and splicing we may at least get a preview of 2.1.

As for a kernel.. Tbh I don't know what it does but I believe it to be the bridge between software and hardware.

Guest gyusza

wow cant wait :huh: apart from it being (some sort of) 2.1 for our pulses, i noticed a lot of hungarian users on the site (cheers!) and a Hungarianpack in the file listing! that would be nice :P

Guest David Horvath
wow cant wait :huh: apart from it being (some sort of) 2.1 for our pulses, i noticed a lot of hungarian users on the site (cheers!) and a Hungarianpack in the file listing! that would be nice :P

Cheers :blink:

That package would be nice..

Edit:

We would haev languages: at, cg, cz, de, hr, hu, mk, nl, sk, uk

Edited by David Horvath

Guest Totyasrác
It is a leaked rom from the pulse / pulse mini or some other pulse like device. Chances are it won't even work on the pulse as it is but with some hacking and splicing we may at least get a preview of 2.1.

As for a kernel.. Tbh I don't know what it does but I believe it to be the bridge between software and hardware.

Well, since the Mini has no GPS it won't be fully compatible with the Pulse anyways (at least no GPS driver for the new kernel) even it can be fitted to our phone...

Guest Totyasrác
wow cant wait :P apart from it being (some sort of) 2.1 for our pulses, i noticed a lot of hungarian users on the site (cheers!) and a Hungarianpack in the file listing! that would be nice :blink:

Be patient... :o

(Heard some rumours :huh: )