U8110 Android 2.1 ROM

Guest BigBearMDC

Guest Timmmm
[*]Download the 2.6.29 msm kernel source from CodeAurora

[*]Diff them

[*]Merge the differences into the 2.6.29 kernel

Yeah good luck with that! I started trying to do that, but unfortunately I have a job, so I didn't get very far. There are a *lot* of changes and they are often scattered around and very low-level undocumented magic type stuff.

Is there any reason to believe this new radio image will be compatible with the pulse? To be honest I think it is very likely that Huawei will release 2.1 before anyone can get this to work... Just saying. Don't get your hopes up.

Guest BigBearMDC
Yeah good luck with that! I started trying to do that, but unfortunately I have a job, so I didn't get very far. There are a *lot* of changes and they are often scattered around and very low-level undocumented magic type stuff.

Is there any reason to believe this new radio image will be compatible with the pulse? To be honest I think it is very likely that Huawei will release 2.1 before anyone can get this to work... Just saying. Don't get your hopes up.

If they release it before I / we finished the kernel its no problem.

I can live with that :huh:

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest shisan
If they release it before I / we finished the kernel its no problem.

I can live with that :huh:

Greetings,

BigBear

1’m right here waiting for you ~~~

Guest David Horvath

Csak a vicc kedvéért írok már Magyarul :huh: Üdvözlet Magyarországról!

/*Yes, i can speak English, just for fun :P*/

Guest somafero

/*Yes, i can speak English, just for fun :blink:*/

Hehe,magyarok előre :P

Guest Josh04

Where can I download this? I'd definitely enjoy having a poke around in it.

A few comments:

The new radio firmware, unless it's the exact same hardware in the pulse mini, will likely not work. I can't see why the current radio firmware would be an issue though, just stick with the current one unless it's definitely a problem.

Pester Huawei for the 2.6.29 kernel code. Merging specific bits from 2.6.25 will be much easier then.

Guest JimJam707
Really, and there is me thinking everyone on here spoke 8 languages :P

Same :huh:

Anyway, good luck!

I'm getting my Pulse in July. I wonder if Huawei will have pulled themselves together and have made 2.1 for the Pulse by then. You guys are really a hell of alot better.

Edited by JimJam707

Guest Zizi Bolygó

/*Yes, i can speak English, just for fun :P*/

Android nagyhatalom leszünk.. :blink:

I know it's not why everyone's excited (!) but here's the User Guide for the Pulse Mini, taken from the same leak that the ROM came from.

Probably not anything hugely unexpected in there - but I had a quick skim through. It claims that the mini will have FM radio (which I hadn't heard before) and there are quite a few references to GPS, which I'm pretty sure the mini doesn't have...

http://bit.ly/cFKQL8

Guest Josh04
Looks like Josh04 can help a lot Bear. I think you should provide him the files :huh:

I'd be all over it, but it's exam time. After tuesday, maybe, I might have some time.

Guest BigBearMDC

I'd be all over it, but it's exam time. After tuesday, maybe, I might have some time.

I would, but sorry, I mustn't :blink:

The U8110 should be released next week.

As soon as its out I'm allowed to upload the file :huh:

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest Dalius

I would, but sorry, I mustn't :P

The U8110 should be released next week.

As soon as its out I'm allowed to upload the file :huh:

Greetings,

BigBear

你知道的,中国公司的国外业务要考虑政治因素,其实2.1可

Guest DarkBytePH
That might be true, but I didn't find the files lying around on the floor :huh:

And the guy that gave me the files might get in a unfavourable situation if everyone can access the ROM.

Greetings,

BigBear

Well, i think you should post it to Paul at least. He's more into ROM cooking than all of us. :P

Guest BigBearMDC
Well, i think you should post it to Paul at least. He's more into ROM cooking than all of us. :P

Sure, as soon as he's back.

But I wrote him quite a few PMs without an answer.

So hopefully he will have a look at this thread :huh:

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest Stevos

Good luck! It would be great if you could beat them to market with their own software :huh:

I'd help if I could, but my C is incredibly rusty (not used for 20 years...)

I read somewhere that the future versions of android (after 2.1) may be more modular to allow updates via the market rather than having to wait for manufacturers to keep releasing versions. Hope that's true...

Needing a new kernel for each update seems like a PITA, but I guess as the platform matures that may be less necessary.

Guest DarkBytePH

I'm wondering how the kernel and radio ROMs a related to each other. Is it possible to boot up 2.1 without the matching radio ROMs at all if you finish patching the kernel? This way we can test out the speed of Eclair at least.