24/May r4 - HTC Legend rooting guide - Now with 1.31.x

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest nieldk

Am I really the only one who is having issues with cellular data (3G and GSM, both) and not able to open any pages on mobile network ?

Guest ilos

same issues than you nieldk, and it's arrived just after using wifi....

EDIT : i trying to reflash with a custom cooked room and test again

post-377855-1273004496_thumb.png

Edited by ilos

Guest nieldk
same issues than you nieldk, and it's arrived just after using wifi....

EDIT : i trying to reflash with a custom cooked room and test again

perhaps that work, let me know how it goes.

An observation: While on 3G net, I am able to ping adresses using better terminal and get a response, but the browser refuses to load those pages.

Guest iziy

Now how to unroot with generic stock rom?

cant flash the 1.23 one bootloader error

i have wifi issues other then here (cant find any networks) i must return for warranty? :P

Need 1.31.405 RUU

Guest meh 83

Hi everyone & Paul

My Legend has a very odd problem. Sometimes, when I receive a call, the phone rings normally (loud) for a few seconds and then it becomes a lot softer. Sounds a little muffled. Doesnt happen all the time though...

The 'quiet ring on pickup' option is already disabled btw.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is it a software bug?

PLZ help me !

Thanks.

Guest power3d
Hi everyone & Paul

My Legend has a very odd problem. Sometimes, when I receive a call, the phone rings normally (loud) for a few seconds and then it becomes a lot softer. Sounds a little muffled. Doesnt happen all the time though...

PLZ help me !

Thanks.

I have the same problem with original ROM.

I have an MP3 as a ringtone and it starts loud but, sometimes, the volume drops down sounding muffled.

PS: Paul, is it by mistake that the poll asks for Desire and not for Legend?

Guest power3d

Can anybody list what are the locales/keyboard languages present in this release?

Well, I just need to know if it has Portuguese/Portugal.

Thank you all :P

Guest Alarde

Hello,

When I do the step1 it said to me that another one xD

INFOchecking custom ID...

FAILED (remote: 42 custom id check fail).

What is that?

Thanks.

Guest ilos
perhaps that work, let me know how it goes.

An observation: While on 3G net, I am able to ping adresses using better terminal and get a response, but the browser refuses to load those pages.

tried with cooked rom and 3G working OK but wifi bug... so i go back to R3...

@Alarde : can you tell us your rom version ? that only work for 1.31 and above

EDIT : go back to R3 and no more 3G bug :P

maybe operator problem.....i will check later....

Edited by ilos

Guest Alarde
tried with cooked rom and 3G working OK but wifi bug... so i go back to R3...

@Alarde : can you tell us your rom version ? that only work for 1.31 and above

My version is 1.31 but is an ASIAN version, im from spain and its a problem with my operator movile phone is incompatible, well not incompatible but, the keybord dont the same, the dictionary, well some things that it solve if I put ther european version.

So thanks.

EDIT: But I like to install the ROM version :S, thats the problem :S, and the wipe is not possible with the error of device not found, because the big problem is that I cant complete the step2, it said to me: Device not found, I creat the goldcard in so many times, but I dont know if the goldcard is ok, i thing so...

Thank u very much

Edited by Alarde

Guest FrankT

I'm trying again, but there is a thing that i think is wrong for me...

When the setp2 is completed, at the recovery menu, the tutorial says that enter the "wipe" option, and choose to install zip from sd card, but that option isn't in wipe! when i enter wipe option that is what i see:

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cache

wipe dalvik-cache

wipe SD:ext partition

wipe battery stats

wipe rotate settings

i don't see anything that tells the tutorial! maybe thats my problem, i went directly to the option that says "flash zip from sdcard" because i don't see that in the wipe option...

any suggestions?

Regards

Guest FrankT
Frankt , you must go back to previous menu with VOLUME DOWN

i know, but in the page 1 says that i must go to WIPE option, and then choose the option of flash zip from sd card, but isn't in the wipe option, is in the main screen, so in wipe i don't have to do anything?

it's the second time i do this, because if I quit the goldcard the root permissions don't work for me... i don't know what i have to do

Regards

Guest Revolution909

Hello,

First of all thank you for that guide that really helped us.

Currently I'm encountering problem with network in France and with HTC Sync software. I have searched for about 3 hours on Google and i can't find a way to unroot HTC Legend

When i try to use 1.23.405.1 RUU i got bootloader error 140

Does someone has an idea to unroot HTC Legend ? I would like to go back to 1.23.405.1 and just do OTA without root !

Currently my HTC Legend is rooted with 1.31.405.4

( I have downloaded RUU_Legend_hTC_Asia_WWE_1.31.707.2_Radio_47.26.35.04_7.05.35.26L_release_121965_

igned.exe but i have a doubt about that RUU and about French language)

Guest ilos

@Franck , just wipe data and go back to previous menu and flash from SD that's all :P

@Revolution : i don't think downgrade is possible ( not sure )

@Tim : you use file in #1 post ( R3 fixed wifi bug, so check the name of the file you had downloaded ) ? try to make root process again.

Edited by ilos

Guest jakontil
Hi everyone & Paul

PLZ help me !

Thanks.

May not be the best solution but try to set your network to WCDMA only instead of preferred, provided your 3g network is sufficient, works for me

Guest KL君
I'm trying again, but there is a thing that i think is wrong for me...

When the setp2 is completed, at the recovery menu, the tutorial says that enter the "wipe" option, and choose to install zip from sd card, but that option isn't in wipe! when i enter wipe option that is what i see:

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cache

wipe dalvik-cache

wipe SD:ext partition

wipe battery stats

wipe rotate settings

i don't see anything that tells the tutorial! maybe thats my problem, i went directly to the option that says "flash zip from sdcard" because i don't see that in the wipe option...

any suggestions?

Regards

Please read my post at Page 9, Post #179. You are correct. :P

Guest jakontil

anyone encounter a problem when after rooting successfully and device reboots, the sdcard is not detected... i have swop 3 sdcards, and all not detected... any suggestion?

Guest chinana

hi paul & everyone,

im successfully rooted the legend but im quite curious about this phase by paul:

The root process will...

flash your device with a new, generic 1.31 series based ROM that has Superuser access

when i go in to the "superuser permission" in my phone it shows blank black screen...

what is this means? is this what it suppose to be? and i cant click the accessible in the setting menu either.

sorry noob here.. ^^

thx for the savier.. :P