[HOWTO] Unroot your HTC Desire

Guest 42turkeys

Guest Rdy2Go
Have You unrooted your Desire using this guide?

If so, I need your help!

Please tell me how it went and also what bootloader you have.

To check boot up your phone holding power and back until a screen with skateboarding Androids appears.

Then, at the top of the screen, tell us the number next to HBOOT.

It will either be 0.75 or 0.80.

Thanks Very Much!

Attempt failed

ERROR [140]: BOOTLOADER VERSION ERROR

HBOOT-0.80.0000

Edited by Rdy2Go

Guest 42turkeys
Attempt failed

ERROR [140]: BOOTLOADER VERSION ERROR

HBOOT-0.80.0000

Are you running 0.80 bootloader on your desire before flashing?

Guest lanxton
you should be able to return for warranty a Generic Device as it is an Official HTC RUU. Carrier supplied ones I am unsure about.

Will this unrooting procedure also downgrade HBOOT 0.80 to the 0.75 version that comes with the generic stock Desire ROM? Is there any way back once you have 0.80? I think my new phone is going to be shipped with the latest firmware and now I'm concerned that I will be stuck for a while. I wonder if any of the HTC phones with 0.80 firmware will ever be updated directly from HTC or if this is some kind of "provider lock" to prevent debranding.

Edited by lanxton

Guest 42turkeys
Will this unrooting procedure also downgrade HBOOT 0.80 to the 0.75 version that comes with the generic stock Desire ROM? Is there any way back once you have 0.80? I think my new phone is going to be shipped with the latest firmware and now I'm concerned that I will be stuck for a while. I wonder if any of the HTC phones with 0.80 firmware will ever be updated directly from HTC or if this is some kind of "provider lock" to prevent debranding.

It won't downgrade.

Guest lanxton
It won't downgrade.

I wonder if HBOOT 0.80 has been shipped with any of the generic unlocked HTC Desire phones that get updated directly by HTC. It sure would be helpful if we just had an updated generic ROM with HBOOT 0.80 on it. Unfortunately, if such a ROM were to be hacked into existence, it surely would not take direct factory updates properly. Dilemma.

Guest Rdy2Go
I wonder if HBOOT 0.80 has been shipped with any of the generic unlocked HTC Desire phones that get updated directly by HTC. It sure would be helpful if we just had an updated generic ROM with HBOOT 0.80 on it. Unfortunately, if such a ROM were to be hacked into existence, it surely would not take direct factory updates properly. Dilemma.

ROM signed by HTC Asia was released recently.

it's for generic HTC devices (unbranded)

RUU_Bravo_hTC_Asia_WWE_1.19.707.6_Radio_32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2_release_124362

signed

Bootloader has been updated to 0.80

It's a question of time when all the new devices will ship with never bootloaders to prevent rooting etc.

Edited by Rdy2Go

Guest lanxton
It's a question of time when all the new devices will ship with never bootloaders to prevent rooting etc.

The devices that have already been shipped will probably also be forced into an OTA bootloader upgrade.

It may be more difficult to root the phones with updated firmware in the future, but this tells me that we will still be able to atleast debrand our phones with a generic image that contains the current firmware version.

Guest erosenin386

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I made a big stupidity.

I used the rom: RUU_Bravo_Telstra_WWE_1.16.841.1_Radio_32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11_release_126124_si

ned

Flash. Now when I want to flash the phone I get an error with linux. FAILED (Remote: 43 Hand version check fail). What can I do to be returned in the original rom, I also specify that desire is a phone htc orange. With RUU_Bravo_HTC_Europe_1.15.405.3_Radio_32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11_release_121865, or testruu.exe or RUU-MoDaCo-Bravo-1.15.405.4-release.exe in windows i have an error --> error 170 the bootloader version is incorrecERROR [140]: BOOTLOADER VERSION ERROR. My bootloader version is 0.75.

Could you help me please?

This is a google traduction

Edited by erosenin386

Guest 42turkeys
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I made a big stupidity.

I used the rom: RUU_Bravo_Telstra_WWE_1.16.841.1_Radio_32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11_release_126124_si

ned

Flash. Now when I want to flash the phone I get an error with linux. FAILED (Remote: 43 Hand version check fail). What can I do to be returned in the original rom, I also specify that desire is a phone htc orange. With RUU_Bravo_HTC_Europe_1.15.405.3_Radio_32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11_release_121865, or testruu.exe or RUU-MoDaCo-Bravo-1.15.405.4-release.exe in windows i have an error --> error 170 the bootloader version is incorrecERROR [140]: BOOTLOADER VERSION ERROR. My bootloader version is 0.75.

Could you help me please?

This is a google traduction

As the rom you flashed a newer version, you can't downgrade to older versions. :P

Unless you root and flash the stock rom!

Edited by 42turkeys

Guest 42turkeys
As 0.80 rooting is released, is the un-root method as the same as 0.75?

No as the RUU is a 0.75 bootloader. Does anyone have a 0.80 bootloader RUU? I think the Telstra one is 0.80.

Guest chrisvx
I think the Telstra one is 0.80.

I've unpacked the Telstra update RUU.

The hboot inside is hboot_8x50_0.75.0000_20100305.nb0

and is byte identical to the one packed in testimage.zip in the r4 0.75 root package.

Guest CaspaTheGhost

I bricked my Orange Desire while trying to root - no signal at all and cant connect to network, says Removed SD Card so it doesnt appear, and is no longer recognised by my PC... Therefore cannot do a thing to fix it!

But...

Got a brand new replacement coming from Orange tomorrow between 9am and 1pm... So I wouldnt worry about warranty returns and specific ROMS...

Guest ccitt
No as the RUU is a 0.75 bootloader. Does anyone have a 0.80 bootloader RUU? I think the Telstra one is 0.80.

In official ROM post, you can find Asia WWE ROM link, it is 0.80 bootloader. when it is running in windows-PC, you can find a new temp folder generated by the software you downloaded, and you will find the RUU in the new temp folder.

Guest wouzer

All went well. Bootloader version 0.75.

I did get an USB error, but than I connected the USB to a different port on the PC and that was fine.

Guest NarutoDKz

I have not rooted yet.

I live in Denmark so if I rooted and used the generic one to unroot would it still be danish?

Guest 42turkeys
I have not rooted yet.

I live in Denmark so if I rooted and used the generic one to unroot would it still be danish?

Only if you flash a Danish RUU.

Guest Jesper Korsager
Where would I be able to find a Danish RUU?

Just use the Generic RUU from the first post. Works perfect on my danish device

Guest nox0405

I need to unroot my Desire by flashing the stock rom but always getting error 140 saying bootloader wrong version??

I am using RUU_Bravo_hTC_Asia_WWE_1.19.707.6_Radio_32.36.00.2 8U_4.06.00.02_2_release_124362_signed Rom to unroot but always saying error 140 with wrong bootloader version??

Can anyone help me please