Daskalos 6.5.5 ROM build 23566 (Full) and MEGAlite

Guest daskalos

Guest ajeshm

Hi Daskolas,

Thanks for your wonderful ROM. I have installed HTC Sense 2.5 above it and still I get 35mb to 40Mb free RAM. Just a request if you have time and if it is possible, this same ROM with HTC Sence 2.5 in it. I believe that the ROM with HTC Sense 2.5 built in can give more free RAM as compared to be installed separately.

Thanks!!!

Guest daskalos
Hi Daskolas,

Thanks for your wonderful ROM. I have installed HTC Sense 2.5 above it and still I get 35mb to 40Mb free RAM. Just a request if you have time and if it is possible, this same ROM with HTC Sence 2.5 in it. I believe that the ROM with HTC Sense 2.5 built in can give more free RAM as compared to be installed separately.

Thanks!!!

I tried to install Sense 2.5 on 23566 lite, just to try it.. (My first time :P )

And here it is...

20100506_124427_0040_111g.jpg20100506_124829_0043_111g.jpg

The trick is, disabling the WM Slide lock so memory will not go down rapidly

Guest ttrevelian

hey daskalos, how is the sense 2.5 working for you with this rom?

I tried it yesterday with 23549 and it was a bit laggy, usable but pictures and music taps could not be use at the same time ( browse pictures while playing music) at the end I did a hard reset, let us know what you think

Guest daskalos
hey daskalos, how is the sense 2.5 working for you with this rom?

I tried it yesterday with 23549 and it was a bit laggy, usable but pictures and music taps could not be use at the same time ( browse pictures while playing music) at the end I did a hard reset, let us know what you think

Well since this is my first time installing Sense 2.5, I can't really say if it's faster or slower in this build and rom base

But in my opinion, though it's not as smooth and fast as if installed in a HTC capable hardware, hmmm I think it's just, mmmm, ok....

If I can I'll shoot a short vid and you decide...

And how can you make Photo Album Work? My tab does not show pics :P

Edited by daskalos

Guest suman_pal78
Another New Custom ROM this week

Daskalos B7610 6.5.5 build 23566

based on JC2

This is a Full 6.5.5 ROM

150Mb Free Storage

80Mb Free RAM (88mb when OEM dial pad is disabled)

- New build 23566

- Complete Samsung Apps

- Updated Drivers

- Updated WM apps

- Tweaks included

- Office Mobile 2010

- Compatible with Black Theme

Since this is 6.5.x ,it was necessary to get some Samsung Apps from the Hybrid ROM, so that a Full 6.5.5 ROM can be made possible (because of screen alignment issues and other stuff). Those apps are...

- Samsung Dialer

- Samsung Widgets Plus (note: that this is still not compatible with landscape mode)

- Samsung Today

- Samsung Calculator

- XT9 Keyboard

DOWNLOAD IT HERE

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QC23TWRP

For this ROM I suggest disabling WM Slide Lock so to avoid too much RAM memory leak

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daskalos B7610 MEGAlite 6.5.5 build 23566

based on JC2

345Mb Free Storage/ 93Mb Free RAM

Be informed that this is a MEGAlite ROM, and is not intended for people who doesn't enjoy customizing and tweaking

-Removed all Samsung Apps

-Removed Samsung Keyboard/XT9

-Removed Office

-Removed some Audio Files

-Removed WM Widgets,Windows Live, MarketPlace

-Removed thems, and some Picture Files

Download it here

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MZK1FIKA

Important Note: Though this Megalite ROM is stable and ready for normal pda/phone use,I suggest that you must not flash this yet as I'm not finished updating the Samsung Cabs. Some apps from the 23549 thread may work, others may not. So wait patiently :P

But if you use third party apps and not much Samsung Apps, it's ok to flash this ROM :D

For this ROM I suggest disabling WM Slide Lock so to avoid too much RAM memory leak

Unable to hold Daskalos...please provide the compatible samsung cabs along with office 2010. PLEASE

Guest suman_pal78
Another New Custom ROM this week

Daskalos B7610 6.5.5 build 23566

based on JC2

This is a Full 6.5.5 ROM

150Mb Free Storage

80Mb Free RAM (88mb when OEM dial pad is disabled)

- New build 23566

- Complete Samsung Apps

- Updated Drivers

- Updated WM apps

- Tweaks included

- Office Mobile 2010

- Compatible with Black Theme

Since this is 6.5.x ,it was necessary to get some Samsung Apps from the Hybrid ROM, so that a Full 6.5.5 ROM can be made possible (because of screen alignment issues and other stuff). Those apps are...

- Samsung Dialer

- Samsung Widgets Plus (note: that this is still not compatible with landscape mode)

- Samsung Today

- Samsung Calculator

- XT9 Keyboard

DOWNLOAD IT HERE

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QC23TWRP

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daskalos B7610 MEGAlite 6.5.5 build 23566

based on JC2

345Mb Free Storage/ 93Mb Free RAM

Be informed that this is a MEGAlite ROM, and is not intended for people who doesn't enjoy customizing and tweaking

-Removed all Samsung Apps

-Removed Samsung Keyboard/XT9

-Removed Office

-Removed some Audio Files

-Removed WM Widgets,Windows Live, MarketPlace

-Removed thems, and some Picture Files

Download it here

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MZK1FIKA

Important Note: Though this Megalite ROM is stable and ready for normal pda/phone use,I suggest that you must not flash this yet as I'm not finished updating the Samsung Cabs. Some apps from the 23549 thread may work, others may not. So wait patiently :P

But if you use third party apps and not much Samsung Apps, it's ok to flash this ROM :D

"Youtube" shortcut not working!!!...Daskalos, could you plesae check and confirm.

Guest ttrevelian

that's weird it doesnt show the pics. I just tried it for about half and hour yesterday but had no problem with any of the tabs. I just followed the guide on this forum for installing sense 2.5

The only thing I can think of is that you have lots of pics and it lags while it scans the pics. It should display them or maybe you skip a soft reset somewhere in the instalation process

Guest daskalos

I have made a working, no expiry ( I think) Office 2010, cab, that can be installed in the device or in storage/memory card :P

If I finish updating majority of the important Samsung cabs, i'll will be uploading this with the set later

But I think once I post Office 2010 cab, you must download it fast

Because Microsoft will be very happy....very happy to delete it :D

Guest suman_pal78
I have made a working, no expiry ( I think) Office 2010, cab, that can be installed in the device or in storage/memory card :P

If I finish updating majority of the important Samsung cabs, i'll will be uploading this with the set later

But I think once I post Office 2010 cab, you must download it fast

Because Microsoft will be very happy....very happy to delete it :D

Chief...in ypour full ROM the "Youtube widget" is not working ...missing shortcut. could you please confirm

Guest daskalos
Chief...in ypour full ROM the "Youtube widget" is not working ...missing shortcut. could you please confirm

Yup, because the Samsung Widget is from hydrid.... replacing it with from b7610 official may work

Guest Eddytheeagle87

Great work! I using your roms a lot! I've tried all your roms in the last months :P

A lot of respect for you! In the full rom i've only find a little bug and want to share it with you :D

The ? on the keyboard gives a /.

And it's told you earlier in the topic that sometimes when you push the standby button that the screen lights up after 2-4 minutes :P

Sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand it and keep up the great work :P

Guest daskalos
Great work! I using your roms a lot! I've tried all your roms in the last months :D

A lot of respect for you! In the full rom i've only find a little bug and want to share it with you :P

The ? on the keyboard gives a /.

-It's because we have different CSC

push the standby button that the screen lights up after 2-4 minutes

It happens if you are using the WM slide lock and after a fresh soft reset/ power on. When we push the standby button,and we have enabled WM lock at wake up, the lock seems "busy" doing something in the system (I think it's busy eating up RAM), that's why it takes some time to wake up the phone. I'm not sure what it's doing, but you can see it's result by checking available ram, which will drop minus 5-10Mb. And you will notice later that after the first brief "sleeping beauty" (which happens at the first sleep and lock of the device after a soft reset), your device will quickly wake up after sleeping, 'cause the WM slide lock is finished "eating" RAM. A tip I can give is that if device doesn't wake up with single push, wait for a few seconds and firmly press the lock button until device wakes up

You can avoid this by disabling WM Slide lock and using the plain screen lock

Another thing is when wifi is active. If the device goes to sleep with wifi active, it may take several seconds to wake up the phone, which is just natural because of some power management control scheme running when you push the wake up (lock) button, which executes in resuming wifi hardware,reconnection,phone,screen etc. That's why it takes time

Edited by daskalos

Guest cappuccina

Hi

I also have the / instead if the ? but never had this before with other custom roms of yours. I also started wondering, because I did not change my csc its still my stock csc. Its a little annoying but not that much to bother about.

And I also noticed that this sleeping beauty occurs more often to me than before. It was so bad that I had to do a softreset sometimes and then I deinstalled the SDK (standard 2.1.0 not pro, because I know that was a problem. But standard always was fine) and orientation detection what I was using, because I thought that to be causing it. It really was better afterwards. But its strange because the whole time now I was using this for screen rotation without sleeping beauty.

Anybody else had this problem? Seems weird to me...

But my really concern now is that my wifi seems to have an issue.

Yesterday I was surfing the net without any problems, now today I cannot even connect. I press that wifi button in the samsungs app and nothing happens. I don't want to blame your rom of course because no one has had this problem since now, but maybe you can suggest what could have caused my problem.

I have nothing much install yet as I just flashed it, and have everything removed that might have something to with it, but still no luck. And also made several softresets. :D The only thing i have installed now are: a theme, a taskbar, NoData and SKTools.

I can remember having this before with the modified JC2 6.5 but I'm not that sure anymore. (I'm switching roms so often :P )

Please I know that was much to read but could anybody give a comment to my issues! I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Guest daskalos
Hi

I also have the / instead if the ? but never had this before with other custom roms of yours. I also started wondering, because I did not change my csc its still my stock csc. Its a little annoying but not that much to bother about.

And I also noticed that this sleeping beauty occurs more often to me than before. It was so bad that I had to do a softreset sometimes and then I deinstalled the SDK (standard 2.1.0 not pro, because I know that was a problem. But standard always was fine) and orientation detection what I was using, because I thought that to be causing it. It really was better afterwards. But its strange because the whole time now I was using this for screen rotation without sleeping beauty.

Anybody else had this problem? Seems weird to me...

But my really concern now is that my wifi seems to have an issue.

Yesterday I was surfing the net without any problems, now today I cannot even connect. I press that wifi button in the samsungs app and nothing happens. I don't want to blame your rom of course because no one has had this problem since now, but maybe you can suggest what could have caused my problem.

I have nothing much install yet as I just flashed it, and have everything removed that might have something to with it, but still no luck. And also made several softresets. :P The only thing i have installed now are: a theme, a taskbar, NoData and SKTools.

I can remember having this before with the modified JC2 6.5 but I'm not that sure anymore. (I'm switching roms so often :D )

Please I know that was much to read but could anybody give a comment to my issues! I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Do you have WM slide lock enabled? It may cause the wake up problem ,see post 88

I'm not having problems with wifi yet, are you using a personal wifi or a public one? If it's a personal one, try to reset your wifi router. If it's public, then possibly it's not the rom's fault. Try connecting to other public wifi hotspots

Anyway the ? on my keyboard is still ? (via alt <left) I'm using megalite by the way, dunno if I'm lucky :P

Edited by daskalos

Guest cappuccina

Thanks you so much for answering me!

To reboot the router seems to work! But only after another Softreset :P

Yes I have the slide lock enabled, but normally had no problems with it. Now I really have to press a lot of times to wake the phone up! :D Well, nevermind was going to use s2u2 anyway. That should work better. I hope.

I have a german keyboard layout and there is no other symbol over the < . I tried every button with alt but no ? Guess I have to live with that.

Or maybe I will also try your megalite! And see if its there too, but I wanted to wait for the samsung apps! Some of them I have to use!

Thx again.

Guest Eddytheeagle87
-It's because we have different CSC

It happens if you are using the WM slide lock and after a fresh soft reset/ power on. When we push the standby button,and we have enabled WM lock at wake up, the lock seems "busy" doing something in the system (I think it's busy eating up RAM), that's why it takes some time to wake up the phone. I'm not sure what it's doing, but you can see it's result by checking available ram, which will drop minus 5-10Mb. And you will notice later that after the first brief "sleeping beauty" (which happens at the first sleep and lock of the device after a soft reset), your device will quickly wake up after sleeping, 'cause the WM slide lock is finished "eating" RAM. A tip I can give is that if device doesn't wake up with single push, wait for a few seconds and firmly press the lock button until device wakes up

You can avoid this by disabling WM Slide lock and using the plain screen lock

Another thing is when wifi is active. If the device goes to sleep with wifi active, it may take several seconds to wake up the phone, which is just natural because of some power management control scheme running when you push the wake up (lock) button, which executes in resuming wifi hardware,reconnection,phone,screen etc. That's why it takes time

Daskalos,

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

I haven't change my CSC. I now going to flash the light rom and gonna look of the ? have the same problem.

I shall let you know if the light rom have the same problem or not.

Guest Eddytheeagle87

Daskalos,

I've tested the light rom also and there i don't have the problem with the ? and /.

Sow I think it's a bug in the full rom.

Guest cappuccina

thanks for reporting this, as I have the same issue ;-) So maybe I just flash the megalite, I don't mind to have more storage and ram. :P Its just a little more workaround. :D

Guest daskalos

Finished updating the essential apps for Megalite which are:

- Camera

- PhonePad (for those who wants video call)

- Samsung Keypad xt9

- Complete Samsung Settings

- Samsung SMS-MMS

- Samsung Today

- Samsung Widgets Plus

- O***F***F***I***C***E 2***0***1***0 (for the meantime sssh, or someone might get cranky :D )

Just waiting uploading to finish :P

Guest daskalos
Finished updating the essential apps for Megalite which are:

- Camera

- PhonePad (for those who wants video call)

- Samsung Keypad xt9

- Complete Samsung Settings

- Samsung SMS-MMS

- Samsung Today

- Samsung Widgets Plus

- O***F***F***I***C***E 2***0***1***0 (for the meantime sssh, or someone might get cranky :D )

Just waiting uploading to finish :P

Available in the first post

Guest me00016
...I have installed HTC Sense 2.5 above it and still I get 35mb to 40Mb free RAM. Just a request if you have time and if it is possible, this same ROM with HTC Sence 2.5 in it. I believe that the ROM with HTC Sense 2.5 built in can give more free RAM as compared to be installed separately.

Thanks!!!

What Sense 2.5 we are talking about? Check out the new version (testing 1.1.1) of Throttlelauncher!!! The UI interface with the hardware accelerated live wallpapers is UNBELIEVABLE!!! Tested on JC2 full ROM. I am thinking of flashing my phone with a megalite ROM (presently 23566) just to make it run as clean as possible.

Hey, prof. daskalos, do you think that stabler 21903 will improve even further the already snappy TL?

Guest pydevil

turned off the windows default, i got free 96,2 MB RAM

nice that it contain newest Compact Framework

thanks daskalos