MCR r2 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest fezze

Hey all, this is my first post at this forum, is it possible to get the APK for Nexus one dialer, Nexus One Contacs and motodroid effects and equalizer?

Guest ryancy

Its sad that Paul has stopped working on the Legend.

Now he is rather occupied with N1 and Desire.

tried to contact him via twitter and PM but he ignored.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pugi

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your work on the Legend.

Ever since I baked r2 and out it on my Legend, I've not been able to sync my legend with HTC Sync.

Any chance I could get help solving this?

I'm using the latest HTC sync 2.0.33.

pugi

Guest Tim80
Alright... have some time to revisit my Legend now... r3 coming up in the next few days all being well...

P

Great, Thank you...i been waiting for this so long :)

Guest samvel

hmmm how do i use the a2sd from

- r2 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD+

i have a FAT32 partition and a EXT3 partition but nothing happend. ??

Guest DarthBo
Alright... have some time to revisit my Legend now... r3 coming up in the next few days all being well...

P

So... any update?

DBo

Guest borgfather
hmmm how do i use the a2sd from

- r2 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD+

i have a FAT32 partition and a EXT3 partition but nothing happend. ??

Please wait for the new rom

a2sd on r2 is unstable

Guest Monsieur_KaZe

Yes me too!

Since you obviously dot not need anymore to root 2.03 I hope you will have time to set r3 up and to release it soon =)

Guest muchzill4

I'm not waiting for r3 anymore. It takes too long and on xda there are some developers more into our toy developement. Installed Indigo Bean week ago and I'm fully content with what I have. No need for fast froyo also.

I'd love to have working wifi hotspot via my device and camera working with all stuff, but that's only two things I miss. Since I don't use legend as hotspot nor camera to take professional photos - it's not that painful.

The thing is I don't understand you people all whining about. Try other roms, don't count only on r3. What's more if you want to tell him (Paul) what to do - subscribe to forums or help him somehow. It's not charity work.

Guest Tim80
I'm not waiting for r3 anymore. It takes too long and on xda there are some developers more into our toy developement. Installed Indigo Bean week ago and I'm fully content with what I have. No need for fast froyo also.

I'd love to have working wifi hotspot via my device and camera working with all stuff, but that's only two things I miss. Since I don't use legend as hotspot nor camera to take professional photos - it's not that painful.

The thing is I don't understand you people all whining about. Try other roms, don't count only on r3. What's more if you want to tell him (Paul) what to do - subscribe to forums or help him somehow. It's not charity work.

haha, nice one muchzull4.

guess paul won't make r3 for us so soon. he busy with his new toy and problem with his DNS. (man, he has so much of new toy... :angry: )

now everyone is talking bout desire froyo rom. kinda sad here.

Guest Monsieur_KaZe

We are not complaining about the lack of r3... This is just r2 was so hot, it was the best ROM for Legend for a long time, we put all of our hopes in r3! Imagine what can be capable a Legend with r3...

Guest muchzill4
We are not complaining about the lack of r3... This is just r2 was so hot, it was the best ROM for Legend for a long time, we put all of our hopes in r3! Imagine what can be capable a Legend with r3...

It was the best ROM because it was the only rom. Now that some devs are working on their roms I seriously doubt that r3 will be any better than cyanogen mods.

Capable of what exactly? You won't be able to connect to Hubbles with one click, you won't be able to see thru regular people's clothes. It may be slightly faster, if it is froyo - it may have all the froyo advantages, but what more? My current legend is fast enough. :angry:

Guest ryankan1
It was the best ROM because it was the only rom. Now that some devs are working on their roms I seriously doubt that r3 will be any better than cyanogen mods.

Capable of what exactly? You won't be able to connect to Hubbles with one click, you won't be able to see thru regular people's clothes. It may be slightly faster, if it is froyo - it may have all the froyo advantages, but what more? My current legend is fast enough. :angry:

CyanogenMod's Roms are nice, but unfortunately, it's still buggy. Some of us prefer to have all our phone's functions available...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ryankan1

P

Still no words from Paul after a whole month. :)

Guest Berek
Still no words from Paul after a whole month. :)

I think most of us have been quietly waiting for an update, but I must admit I'm beginning to feel a bit "ripped off", having paid a tenner for the ad free version several months ago and not really got anything back for it. The roms that Paul did release for the Legend were (IMO) too buggy for every day use, and I've gone through several roms from other devs that were a lot better since then.

Paul is obviously under no duty to produce anything for any particular phone (despite what some people seem to think) no matter how much we all want it, but having supported the site financially I, for one, feel a bit let down.

Guest borgfather
I've gone through several roms from other devs that were a lot better since then.

This awakens my curiosity can you please post links to these rom's

Thank

Guest Berek
This awakens my curiosity can you please post links to these rom's

Thank

I've used Rodriguezstyle MoDaCoMoDrOm V2.3 Fix Vivid Sense, which is based on Paul's ROM but with changes to make it much more usable. Also used Indigo Bean CyanogenMod 5.0.8, which is excellent. Both of those are v2.1 (Eclair) based. Tried a few others as well but currently using CyanogenMod 6.0.0-RC2 which is Froyo based and works well. It's not perfect and a few areas don't work too well (e.g. the camera), but for me the enhancements of Froyo are worth it. You can find all of these roms and a lot more on the xda site in the Legend Development area.

Just be aware that most of them do not have HTC Sense, but I've found (to my surprise) that using LauncherPro Plus (which is superb) and a few extra apps that I don't really miss it.

Guest borgfather
I've used Rodriguezstyle MoDaCoMoDrOm V2.3 Fix Vivid Sense, which is based on Paul's ROM but with changes to make it much more usable. Also used Indigo Bean CyanogenMod 5.0.8, which is excellent. Both of those are v2.1 (Eclair) based. Tried a few others as well but currently using CyanogenMod 6.0.0-RC2 which is Froyo based and works well. It's not perfect and a few areas don't work too well (e.g. the camera), but for me the enhancements of Froyo are worth it. You can find all of these roms and a lot more on the xda site in the Legend Development area.

Just be aware that most of them do not have HTC Sense, but I've found (to my surprise) that using LauncherPro Plus (which is superb) and a few extra apps that I don't really miss it.

Anny rom with sense and apps2sd working you can recommend ?