MCR r2 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest otiose

had the insufficient error when downloading from market but wiping the cache & dalvik-cache seems to solve it at the moment.

But video player seems to crash when playing file half way - dunno any of u guys experiences this?

Guest nieldk

No luck with my baked ROM and this mod.

Does work with original rooted ROM R3.

Seems to be the sdio.ko that is the problem, when i manually insmod that module, i become unable to start wifi.

Also. The market problem is definitely Dalvik cache, needs to be cleared and then reboot. otherwise Get the insuffecient storage issue.

like the option to bake, but it does have these issues.

modify tether.edify:

this is section for motorola droid modified by me

file_exists("/system/lib/modules/tiwlan_drv.ko") && (

#

# Motorola droid

#

module_loaded("sdio") || log(insmod("/system/lib/modules/sdio.ko", ""), "Loading sdio.ko module");

module_loaded("tiwlan_drv") || log(insmod("/system/lib/modules/tiwlan_drv.ko", ""), "Loading tiwlan_drv.ko module");

run_program("/system/bin/tiwlan_loader -f /system/etc/wifi/Fw1273_CHIP.bin -e " +

"/proc/calibration -i /system/etc/wifi/tiwlan.ini");

sleep("5");

#

# Bring up wifi interface

#

log(run_program("/data/data/android.tether/bin/ifconfig " + getcfg("wifi.interface") + " " +

getcfg("ip.gateway") + " netmask " + getcfg("ip.netmask")) &&

run_program("/data/data/android.tether/bin/ifconfig " + getcfg("wifi.interface") + " up"),  "Activating WiFi interface");

log(run_program("/data/data/android.tether/bin/iwconfig " + getcfg("wifi.interface")

+ " mode ad-hoc"), "Setting ad-hoc mode.");

log(run_program("/data/data/android.tether/bin/iwconfig " + getcfg("wifi.interface")

+ " essid " + getcfg("wifi.essid")), "Setting essid.");

+ " channel " + getcfg("wifi.channel")), "Setting channel.");

run_program("/data/data/android.tether/bin/iwconfig " + getcfg("wifi.interface")

+ " commit");

run_program("/data/data/android.tether/bin/iwconfig "+getcfg("wifi.interface")+" mode ad-hoc essid "+getcfg("wifi.essid")+ " persist &");

);

tested with stock rom should work with custom too

or use a file in attachment

I've corrected the files and i'll test it later with custom rom

Guest pogo1975
No luck with my baked ROM and this mod.

Does work with original rooted ROM R3.

Seems to be the sdio.ko that is the problem, when i manually insmod that module, i become unable to start wifi.

Also. The market problem is definitely Dalvik cache, needs to be cleared and then reboot. otherwise Get the insuffecient storage issue.

like the option to bake, but it does have these issues.

hm, in my baked rom it works well, have you modified this file manualy or uploaded from attachment?

Guest pogo1975
Can you fix in castom ROM incoming ring volume bug? This bug manifested when uses GSM only" network mode. If network work in 3G (WCDMA) all well. This issue discuss also at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=663024

Edit:

Sorry problem occured again :P

I was using old_phone sound and for a few times it worked well, today it is grabled again :D

Conclusion is that when a call cames first second it work well and another time it sounds it switch to mono? and volume is lower.

Paul can you investigate this? this is happening only when phone is on gsm network it does not happen when phone works on 3g.

Edited by pogo1975

Guest kyle25
it seems all the battery widget wont work properly on my legend...anyone have this problem?

so far the batterylife widget works well for me

Guest The.Dirty.West
so far the batterylife widget works well for me

OK...updated the widget and it works...thanks

cock...i draw to the conclusion too fast...it doesnt work...all battery widget just will stop refreshing the battery status a few minutes after boot...always 100% power...

still cant get rid of the "insufficient storage" problem...tired of wipe after install some apps from the market...

when will you release R2 to fix all these bugs paul?

Edited by The.Dirty.West

Guest nieldk
hm, in my baked rom it works well, have you modified this file manualy or uploaded from attachment?

downloaded the file, and manually tried.

noticed that after manual insmod sdio.ko wifi wouldnt start.

works, like said, with the R3 root.

Guest Dodino

just rooted and installed MCR1 24 hours ago, had the insufficient storage problem, wiped only the dalvik cache and it completly gone, still have FC from time to time, and I think it's little slower the stock rom

Guest Krissi

I've rooted my Legend, and have installed the "r1 ROM with default MoDaCo additions". My experiences so far:

1. The rooting process went OK, no issues there.

2. I baked a ROM using the preferences I wanted, but when the phone restarted I had no keyboard...? I tried to install my baked ROM several times, same error.

3. I then downloaded the "r1 ROM with default MoDaCo additions", and this time I had a keyboard. I also had the choice of Nordic languages.

4. After a short while, after downloading apps from Market I got the "not enough diskspace" error that several has referred to.

5. I installed the ROM again, and briefly saw that there was the an issue after the ROM was installed - saying something about diskspace (in recovery mode after the ROM installation was done).

6. I wiped cache & DAVIK cache. I might also have done a factory wipe at this point, not quite sure.

7. Another try to install the ROM, this time no errors in Recovery Mode, and no diskspace errors when the phone booted up. It seems to be working fine, so far (approx 24 hrs)

Issues that I have with this ROM:

I'm not able to access all available applications in Market.

I would like to bake a ROM with my preferred settings (ie. remove applications I never use) and make it work.

Finally: Thanks Paul for your hard work! I'm sure that future ROM will give me all I want... :P

UPDATE: one more thing.. the pinch-functionality does not seem to work - I can "doubleclick" on the screen to zoom in/out, but pinching the screen is not working.

Krissi

Edited by Krissi

Guest evil_lcf
as per Paul, after first boot we must restart and get more memory.

Here my feedback :

I had tried with pre cooked MCR (all 3 ) and one cooked with kitchen , wipe each time i flashed, and after 1st boot , i restarted the phone, and without do anything all my app backup with Titanium are already installed :P

i definitely return to R3 and waiting for some fix...

hi, can i ask you if r3 is the original rom? and if so, how you get back from r1 to r3? :D thank you

Guest Nimmo
r2 coming tomorrow peoples. :P

P

Ooo, all excited now, looks like I won't be studying tomorrow either! Who needs a degree anyway? :D

Thanks Paul!

Guest harry_m

hi!

I've put a version of "wireless tether" together (with great help from pogo1975) which supports the htc legend!

Please also check if wep-encryption is working with this version!

It's available here for download:

wireless tether 2.0.2-pre2

There is also an issue-report:

http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-teth...s/detail?id=346

Thanks and happy tethering (hopefully) :P

Harry

Guest schpinn
hi!

I've put a version of "wireless tether" together (with great help from pogo1975) which supports the htc legend!

Please also check if wep-encryption is working with this version!

It's available here for download:

wireless tether 2.0.2-pre2

There is also an issue-report:

http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-teth...s/detail?id=346

Thanks and happy tethering (hopefully) :P

Harry

Unfortunately, this crashes my Legend when I click on "start tethering".

Guest daggel

Yes, for me too

I did a uninstall of the app and did a new installation but then it's back as it was before. The Legend doesn't crash but the tether problem is back.

Guest harry_m

Oh yeah. That was my fault it interferes with the motorola droid config.

Download this file:

http://android-wifi-tether.googlecode.com/files/tether.edify

and replace it after installing and starting the app (use the -pre2 above).

adb push tether.edify /data/data/android.tether/conf/tether.edify

Thanks for testing.

*** EDIT ***

I've removed all downloads. Will upload a new version (which hopefully fixes this issue) tonight.

Edited by harry_m

Guest Paul

r2 now online! :P

P

Changelog

r2

Updated 'cachedalvikcache' script

Odex'd /system/app directory to save space in dalvik-cache

Added A2SD+ with dalvik-cache on SD

Temporarily removed HTC_IME mod

Updated build.prop

Minor fixes

Guest Nimmo

Woo, downloading my new rom now, even got brave and put in Nano as a custom ingredient.

I don't care if real men use vi, I will happily stay as a child if I get to stay safe in the care of nano.