Pulse Eclair ROM thread

Guest BigBearMDC

Guest jonathonf
It's too big for the current system partition.

The original update makes the system partition larger, so that the ROM fits in it.

Which original update is this? The 1.5 December one? Or the unrooted 2.1 update?

Edited by jonathonf

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Josh04
Yeah, but being on a Mac, the only Java updates are through Software Update, at least I think, and that says I'm up to date. (Mac OS X 10.5.8 (iDeneb))

Wait, added to my PATH? Damn I'm a real Mac noob.

Java, esp. with regard to android, is a bit of a mess. 1.5 and 1.6, or alternatively 5 and 6, are different platforms. Technically I think you can even have both installed at the same time. No idea how you'd do it on a mac though, sorry.

Guest BigBearMDC
Which original update is this? The 1.5 December one? Or the unrooted 2.1 update?

Nope, the original Eclair update :P

Hmm I don't exactly know if the U8220 has something like the SPL, it's not from HTC?

Guest DanWilson
Nope, the original Eclair update :P

Hmm I don't exactly know if the U8220 has something like the SPL, it's not from HTC?

I don't know, just throwing anything out now :D

Guest zerosignull

I have downloaded the update.zip removed some of the apps to make it a "standard" 2.1 ROM and regenerated a system.img that weighs in at a slim 82.327 MB (MCR is 94.933MB)

Questions:

* Can i just fastboot this image to the system partition on my Pulse (MCR1.7)?

* does the 2.1 ROM require the boot img provided in the update.zip?

Edited by zerosignull

Guest Spooke

Im guessing there will be a Pre-2.1 update to sort out the partions like you said, then the full 2.1 update..

Lets hope Paul or someone else can get it working :P

Guest BigBearMDC
I have downloaded the update.zip removed some of the apps to make it a "standard" 2.1 ROM and regenerated a system.img that weighs in at a slim 82.327 MB

Questions:

• Yap and
  • Yap :P

Guest dodge-167

Bobo, why dont you put some screenshoots of the new Eclair ROM in the first post, ill be glade to se a picture of gallery and music player... :P

Guest DanWilson
I have downloaded the update.zip removed some of the apps to make it a "standard" 2.1 ROM and regenerated a system.img that weighs in at a slim 82.327 MB

Questions:

I think possibly to the system partition, but you WILL need the boot.img

Bobo beat me, again. My answers are useless now... :P

Edited by DanWilson

Guest Josh04

We have something like it, in that the memory is partitioned. Just not much idea how we're meant to change the thing, short of reading through the non-accounted-for bits of UPDATE.APP.

Guest BigBearMDC
I think possibly to the system partition, but you WILL need the boot.img

Bobo beat me, again. My answers are useless now... :D

Nah never mention :P

What do you think how I got 800+ posts (haha, +1 :P)

I will upload some screenshots tomorrow :P

Guest DanWilson
We have something like it, in that the memory is partitioned. Just not much idea how we're meant to change the thing, short of reading through the non-accounted-for bits of UPDATE.APP.

So you're saying, go through the UPDATE.APP, find the SPL/repartition bit, extract it, then try to find out how to use it? cool :P

Guest DanWilson
@DanWilson: your using either a wrong Java implementation or a wrong Java version.

To be honest, I'm giving up, Mac is just to difficult for me to use for anything other than web browsing and looking cool :P

Nah never mention :D

What do you think how I got 800+ posts (haha, +1 :P)

I will upload some screenshots tomorrow :P

I'll be there soon Bobo, dont worry...

Guest BigBearMDC
So you're saying, go through the UPDATE.APP, find the SPL/repartition bit, extract it, then try to find out how to use it? cool :P

There are soooo many difficulties if you try that .... if you have weeks of time (yap, I really meant weeks) you can have a look at this file with a HEX editor.

It would be though very difficult to copy out something of this file and get it working ...

Guest DanWilson
There are soooo many difficulties if you try that .... if you have weeks of time (yap, I really meant weeks) you can have a look at this file with a HEX editor.

It would be though very difficult to copy out something of this file and get it working ...

Lets just leave it to Paul :D (Sorry Paul... :P )

If Paul does this in his 'Spare' 30 minutes, I'll be shocked. And want a love party of me, Bobo and him!

Edited by DanWilson

Guest BigBearMDC
OK so I have a spare 30 mins, let's give it a look over... :D

P

Cool! :P

I'll just ask directly: might I please join the Chefs team?

Guest Josh04

Strictly theoretical; you'd have to be some kind of savant, probably.

Guest jonathonf
OK so I have a spare 30 mins, let's give it a look over... :P

P

This is too exciting. It's like election night, but more relevant. And better.