Pulse Eclair ROM thread

Guest BigBearMDC

Guest jonathonf
I was referring to both - the quick time, and the fact he symlinked it or whatever it is :D

I should probably also have said I'm impressed with the work BigBear also put in to get it to this point. :P

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jonathonf
It's nice, but it's no help to Bobo and his misaligned partitions :D and it still leaves us without whatever else the UPDATE.APP file does, amongst which could be firmware updates for the radio or some such which might mean we're not able to use it. Probably not, though.

If the kernel works the radio should work. I think...

Or at least it should work well enough until the official update. :P

Edited by jonathonf

Guest jonathonf
why not just remove some of the unneeded apps?

This way was quicker. Much quicker. Plus you get to keep all the apps (after all, which ones are definitely unneeded?).

Guest Josh04
If the kernel works the radio should work. I think...

Or at least it should work well enough until the official update. :P

IIRC, the radio didn't work with the pulse mini. The kernel has a module for interacting with the radio, but the module expects the radio to have a particular firmware.

Guest BigBearMDC
BigBearMDC - please PM me your postal address and I will send you a replacement Pulse for your efforts.

Everyone else - if you would like to contribute to BoBo's Pulse, you can do so with a MoDaCo Ad Free or Plus account (but don't feel obliged to).

:P

P

Holy... Are you serious?

Guest DanWilson
BigBearMDC - please PM me your postal address and I will send you a replacement Pulse for your efforts.

Everyone else - if you would like to contribute to BoBo's Pulse, you can do so with a MoDaCo Ad Free or Plus account (but don't feel obliged to).

P

Thats, generous. Very generous. And trust me, if I could, I would. Just no money... :D

Guest bas-r

P

You rock Paul!

Unfortunately I'm already a member..

Guest eckengucker1
Thats, generous. Very generous. And trust me, if I could, I would. Just no money... :P

sell your body honey :X

Guest Paul

Right, I have an update zip that flashes now (re-sited lib, changed the update script for one of mine, removed some files from /system/bin, updated some files in /system/xbin, rebuilt), that's a start. Now let's see if it boots!

P

Guest Rem1x

P

Holy s*** Paul! That's amazing!

Guest zerosignull
Because 1) it's not necessary and 2) the size difference is quite big.

P

The size difference with the standard 2.1 apps in is only 82mb which is smaller then MCR 1.7. Surely this would negate the need to repartition the device and help the rooting effort?

Guest Azurren
Thats, generous. Very generous. And trust me, if I could, I would. Just no money... :P

+1

That's why we have pulses not desires :D

But I can give both of you my love.. <3

Guest BigBearMDC
Hmmm, a hang on the 'Android' screen.

Investigating...

P

This might be a problem with the radio or the fastboot version.

(the fastboot version differs from Eclair to cupcake)

The radio version stayed the same though ...

And again: THANKS!!!

You're in one word just AWWESOME!!! :P