15/May r6.1 - BigBearMDC and Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Nerf
It's great that you guys have sorted out a beta of this.

I think i'm going to wait for an official 2.1 release,then wait til you do a vanilla rom.And then i'll pay for ad free and download it :P

Ditto. Had to use my Nandroid restore to get back to a working phone. Wiping and The applying the update didnt work (it was r3 though)

Keep up the gd work, cant wait to see the finished product

Guest robot1000

Thanks for doing the Speech recognition, but now I've bumped into a different issue which is "Text to Speech Support"

When I try downloading 'SpeechSynthesis Data Installer' from the market, it downloads but doesn't Install and a number of times it's actually rebooted the phone.

Would it be possible to have that installed on the next Beta?

Guest Stevos
Yap, wipe and then refalsh it :P

With r4, I get a permanent spinning pink circle under the tmobile logo. I tried reflashing and wiping a number of times.

I can reliably get it to boot by removing the SD card though (which is still partitioned for 1.7), which suggests it's connected with support for the filesystem somehow. I do still get a lot of android.acore force closes though.

Guest Paul

We have to balance effort vs results on this one a little... I imagine the official 2.1 isn't that far away...

I wonder if leaving dalvik-cache on device and moving just the apps to sd would be better?

P

Guest Josh04
We have to balance effort vs results on this one a little... I imagine the official 2.1 isn't that far away...

I wonder if leaving dalvik-cache on device and moving just the apps to sd would be better?

P

I'm tempted to claim that the slowness might be short term, if it's rebuilding the dalvik-cache perhaps?

Guest meinnit

P

To be honest I don't want to install the beta because I use the Pulse as my main phone so don't want to be in a position where I can't use my phone! If I had a test device I would happily install the beta and even more likely to install if any bugs we find and highlight to Huawei actually get fixed. Seeing as this is a leak, I don't think they would be happy if we start raising bugs but who knows!

Guest da_chris

hey

i just installed the first version yesterday and it was good but i cant download apps from market so i just wiped it and installed it again but since that i got to tmob circle screen and its loading dann short black screen and again circle screen

whant can i do?

wipe dont get anything :P

Guest JingleManSweep
Wow the voice recognition is really accurate!

I can now knock out a 5 line text in about 10 seconds.

How do you access this? Do I need to install something?

Guest Tom G
Cheers, I'll try repartitioning it in a bit.. Although is it it possible to downgrade an ext partition, i'm guessing not lol?

Its not possible to downgrade, but an ext3 partition can be mounted as ext2 as long as it was cleanly unmounted, so ext3 should still work even without kernel support (it wont use journaling).

If you want to format it as ext2 without formatting the fat partition, from a linux command line (on the phone or with the sdcard in a pc).

mkfs.ext2 devicename

I think the devicename is something like /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on the phone for the ext partition.

Guest BigBearMDC
Odexing would definitely help the initial boot speed, not sure about the main speed, but it's probably worth doing.

P

How do you actually odex a ROM?

Guest starkos
Its not possible to downgrade, but an ext3 partition can be mounted as ext2 as long as it was cleanly unmounted, so ext3 should still work even without kernel support (it wont use journaling).

If you want to format it as ext2 without formatting the fat partition, from a linux command line (on the phone or with the sdcard in a pc).

mkfs.ext2 devicename

I think the devicename is something like /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on the phone for the ext partition.

Cheers for the info I will keep it mind for future reference. I've already re-partitioned just the ext partition though using paragon partition manager lol

Guest Csöpi

if u intall the r4 how much free space do you have on the phone? i dont want to use APP2SD

And Paul thanks for all the work,

Bobo danke dir auch. Warte auf dem realease seit anfag januar:D

Guest JingleManSweep
It's already installed into the rom.

Yes, I noticed there are two "Android Keyboards" available within the "Input Methods" menu. I changed to the other one and then I have a microphone icon to the left of the space key now.

Cheers!

Guest screwface
if u intall the r4 how much free space do you have on the phone? i dont want to use APP2SD

About 70mb, you'll be able to have more if you remove more stuff.

Guest marcox1987

remove: /system/etc/init.d/40a2sd'.

app2sd is working later??? or no??