15/May r6.1 - BigBearMDC and Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest hungary

Increase Pulse 2.1 r4 overall speed:

Remove everything from Home Screens (except the default) - No more "Process android.process.acore is not responding"

Dont use the APP2SD - simple dont do the "Partition sdcard > Partition SD" thing in AMON_RA or delete '/system/etc/init.d/40a2sd' with Root Explorer.

Dont use Live Wallpaper.

Guest BigBearMDC
Is that what you've meant by "cant flash other roms" with this update? =/

I'm sorry for you, but I'm glad i've solved my recovery problems :)

Again I say: why would they release an update that could brick the beta testers phone?

Well my phone isn't bricked, it is [nearly] full working with Eclair.

But if I want to install as an example the R4, it just freezes, if I install any MCR, the touchscreen won't work ;)

I can flash the ROMs ... but a phone with a touchscreen is nearly unusable without it ... I can't even enter my PIN :D

Guest Stevos
I can't even install this MCR ... it just freezes at request_suspend_state: wakeup (0->0)...

And I can't install any other MCR as my TS won't work then :)

I want cupcake back!

Dammit

BigBear, have you tried removing your SD card? I find I can't boot with my 1.7 formatted SD card in place, but it boots okay with no card in.

Also, the first boot is slow...

Guest Josh04
Sure, I can, but if I install or restore any older ROM, my touchscreen isn't working anymore :)

You probably have, but have you tried going back to an earlier ROM and reapplying December?

Guest BigBearMDC
You probably have, but have you tried going back to an earlier ROM and reapplying December?

I can't apply the dec update because my Pulses version string changed, so the update fails with OEMSBL version unmatched or something like this.

Also tried it without the SD card.

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest BigBearMDC
BigBearMDC, did you manage to talk with huawei's expert about the multitouch?

I haven't yet got any further answers.

Guest david_dawkins

Paul,

it was very kind of you to offer Bear the replacement Pulse, but is there anything you can do in the meantime to help him get (any version of) cupcake back onto his current device? We don't want a bald bear who's torn all his hair out...

..and thank you once again for all your effort.

Guest MarcusHenrique

All right, just booted r4, and it's pretty smooth, haven't applied app2sd and seems I'm not going to til we have a version that doesn't make the phone slower :)

Guest angryland
We have to balance effort vs results on this one a little... I imagine the official 2.1 isn't that far away...

I wonder if leaving dalvik-cache on device and moving just the apps to sd would be better?

P

This will definitely be better both for the speed and energy saving

Guest Swift_gti
Sure, I can, but if I install or restore any older ROM, my touchscreen isn't working anymore :)

Hmm I see.. that is very odd.

How on earth could a rom, which you then removed be interfering with the touchscreen?

When or how exactly did it first die?

Maybe the update or whatever that you applied has updated something on the phone that is not overwritten by the nandroid restore ?

Guest MarcusHenrique
This will definitely be better both for the speed and energy saving

Can you try that Paul? I'd like to use a2sd for the first time :)

Guest BigBearMDC

How on earth could a rom, which you then removed be interfering with the touchscreen?

Maybe the update or whatever that you applied has updated something on the phone that is not overwritten by the nandroid restore ?

I saw in the kernel config that there is an option to overwrite the touchscreen controller driver, and I guess that is what happened.

The controller software got overwritten, and it's not working with the older kernels anymore.

Guest Josh04

UPDATA.APP is capable of flashing a touchscreen firmware update, which would make the touchscreen incompatible.

Guest Swift_gti

Aha ok, now i'm with you guys :)

So, is there anything we can provide to you BigBear from our Pulses with the older touchscreen firmware to allow you to 'downgrade' yours again ?

Probably totally off whack but is it a device that we can see in the linux system and 'dd' an image that you can then write back to your phone (since you wouldn't need touchscreen to do that, because you could flash is over adb) ?

Guest BigBearMDC
Aha ok, now i'm with you guys :)

So, is there anything we can provide to you BigBear from our Pulses with the older touchscreen firmware to allow you to 'downgrade' yours again ?

Probably totally off whack but is it a device that we can see in the linux system and 'dd' an image that you can then write back to your phone (since you wouldn't need touchscreen to do that, because you could flash is over adb) ?

Thanks, but I don't know anything that could help me.

I think dd does not work through adb.

The only way I could image to get everything working again is applying the dec update, but this fails because the version strin gof the device is not in the upgradeable versions list of the dec update.

I also tried to edit this upgradeable versions list with the effect, that the updated failed, because of on read error (I guess because there are checksums which didn't match after I modified the file).

Guest Josh04
Thanks, but I don't know anything that could help me.

I think dd does not work through adb.

The only way I could image to get everything working again is applying the dec update, but this fails because the version strin gof the device is not in the upgradeable versions list of the dec update.

I also tried to edit this upgradeable versions list with the effect, that the updated failed, because of on read error (I guess because there are checksums which didn't match after I modified the file).

When the real update comes out, do you expect that'll help?

Guest BigBearMDC
When the real update comes out, do you expect that'll help?

I don't know.

If this version is just a beta that isn't meant to be released, Huawei would have no reason to make this software upgradeable by the next update.

And I guess if that happens I'm really screwed :)

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest speedme
does somebody have the link to the r3?

the r4 always gets stuck on the android screen :)

thanks

Same here....

I had it stating once though...

I have tried everything I could think of, wiped several times....but still it hangs at the Android logo and not getting past that.

Guest Josh04
Question, if I use app2sd will I still have to repair it before booting or has this been fixed

The kernel only supports ext2 so the problem is moot for now.