Apps not downloading from marketplace

Guest Weirdo109

Guest Lord_Shaithis

Interesting.....goggletalk "could not connect to server"

Update: Cleared the cache for "Goggle apps" and it now wants me to create or sign-in a google account when I run market, talk etc......input details and it says it cannot establish a reliable connection.....wifi and 3g both do the same....even though I can open a browser and login to gmail, talk etc fine.....

Factory reset and now working......bleh....now to get everything restored :)

Starting to acquire a love/hate relationship with this phone.

Edited by Lord_Shaithis

Guest mark2410

did you change from googlemail to gmail?

if so google forgot to tell you that breaks android. wail till your email shows as gmail then you can select to change back to googlemail and then in time it should come back to life.

unbelievable tards at google for some reason cant make both work

Guest Lord_Shaithis

if so google forgot to tell you that breaks android. wail till your email shows as gmail then you can select to change back to googlemail and then in time it should come back to life.

Yeah, thats exactly what happened but I am now happily using my gmail account....

There is probably a better/shorter/more eloquent way to do it but what I did in the end was:

Full Titanium Backup

Factory Reset

Full restore (all apps and data)

Delete "Google Apps" cache

Sign in with gmail account.

I tried the cache clear before the factory reset but I kept getting an error about no connection (even though I was browsing fine!)....not sure what is getting cleared in the factory reset that Titanium is not restoring....but whatever it is, it is what is causing the googlemail > gmail issues.

Edited by Lord_Shaithis

Guest Weirdo109

Bang on boys it's all back and working. The instant I reset the account to googlemail it all started to download. ;)

I had indeed changed to gmail account. Not really bothered by the address change.

Thank you very much for figuring it out and letting us all know. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MountfordD

I had this problem recently (hence I am looking at this thread). I followed the instructions given here and cleared the Market cache. This then required me to log into Google again. It then dawned on me that I changed my Google account from [email protected] to [email protected] after Google gave me the option of doing so. After logging in as [email protected], everything worked as it did.

Edited by MountfordD

Guest ozren

I have this problem...but after a reboot of the phone, all apps say download finished and after that aps instaled succesfuly. And they realy are...a bug of some kind !

• 8 months later...
Guest twisted14
This happens to me a few times, my apps get stuck on "Starting download"

1) Stop all downloads

2) Go to wireless settings -> mobile network settings -> Switch off data service (I also switch to 2g only network, but not sure if this affects it)

3) Wait around 2/3 minutes

4) Turn data services back on (and back to 3g if you switched it off)

5) Try the downloads again

This works 9/10 times for me.

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but this problem is still happening.

I recently switched to Android and had this problem happen. I was trying all the clearing cache solutions, but nothing was working until I tried Minus616's solution.

Thanks Minus!