2.1 convert fo U8230

Guest Hectic

Guest lilim_ac
How can i make the phone enter bootloader mode??

I tryed "volume-down"+"red-key" + "power" combination... and the phone starts normally...

are u sure press volume down, end button, and power all at the same time? try not to release the buttons until the screen show something..

Guest Hectic
... so.. any news? ;)

How come we seem to care more about this update that Huawei itself? :)

i work at the cam problem, this is a mad broke. :D

in evening (MEZ) i upload the rooted version.

Guest joanorsky
Can't flash the rom. When i select "Flash ZIP from SD Card" it gives me "installation abort"....

There are still some issues with the camera and other stuff.. you sould wait untill the man has fixed it..

Guest loljpgp

I tryed several times install 2.1 ROMs, using "recovery-RA-pulse-v1.5.2" and "pulse.superboot".

But when i boot the phone in recovery mode it always gives me the same error:

E:can't find MISC:

E:can't mount CACHE:\recovery\comand

E:can't mount CACHE:\recovery\comand

E:can't openCACHE:\recovery\log

I assume the problem here, is that i don't have root access. Maybe because i'm not using the correct boot.img.

Anyone have the solution for this??

Thanks

Guest lilim_ac

yeah.. that happened to me. after I used boot.img rooted signed by paul, I have no more problem. that is the problem. so noe get the rooted boot.img will you...

Guest loljpgp
yeah.. that happened to me. after I used boot.img rooted signed by paul, I have no more problem. that is the problem. so noe get the rooted boot.img will you...

I have the original boot.img. My problem is that i can't flash any update.zip because after "verifying..." message, installation aborts.

How you managed to install a custom ROM in you phone?

Guest lilim_ac
I have the original boot.img. My problem is that i can't flash any update.zip because after "verifying..." message, installation aborts.

How you managed to install a custom ROM in you phone?

I used adb to replaced my original boot.img. Have u made nandroid backup? can u please upload ur original boot.img to enterupload or mediafire?

I could not make nandroid backup at that time so I just used adb to replace my original boot.img so all my nand bakup now contained paul's boot.img.

what u have to prepared:

u need fastboot.exe from android sdk or from superboot here in modaco (if I am not mistaken it has fastboot.exe in its zip). And put the rooted signed boot.img from paul to the same folder with fastboot.exe

process:

Just enter the bootloader mode (blue screen) by press volume down, end button, and power. And then open cmd in ur computer. go to android/tools folder (if u have android sdk) or wherever you extract the fastboot.exe. type: fastboot flash boot boot.img

and in your u8230 blue screen will be written several kb written success.

Finish.. just take out ur battery and put it back and turn on ur u8230 as usual.

To check whether u are succeed or not, in the front slide menu u should have new menu labelled superuser. That's it.

Please backup ur original boot.img and upload it for me okay? :rolleyes:

After I was rooted, then I flashed the bobo's rom and got no problem at all in the update flash process..

Edited by lilim_ac

Guest loljpgp
I used adb to replaced my original boot.img. Have u made nandroid backup? can u please upload ur original boot.img to enterupload or mediafire?

I could not make nandroid backup at that time so I just used adb to replace my original boot.img so all my nand bakup now contained paul's boot.img.

I had no success in do a nandroid backup. But i have the original boot.img that i extract from the UPDATA.APP file.

Here is the link to my boot.img

And put the rooted signed boot.img from paul to the same folder with fastboot.exe

Where can i find that boot.img?

Guest loljpgp
Yeah... where is that boot? :rolleyes:

I think i found it. Here is the link.

I don't know if i already tryed this one. But i'll try it again.

Edit: Doesn't work. no root access...

Edited by loljpgp

Guest joanorsky
I think i found it. Here is the link.

I don't know if i already tryed this one. But i'll try it again.

Yeah.. i tried that too. No luck. It works.. but it comes not rooted.

I was also informed that the TMN A1 is not the base version of U8230... it has some modifications from factory.. maybe this is the problem. If this is true or not.. i cannot really be sure... still here stays this info as well.

Guest lilim_ac
Yeah.. i tried that too. No luck. It works.. but it comes not rooted.

I was also informed that the TMN A1 is not the base version of U8230... it has some modifications from factory.. maybe this is the problem. If this is true or not.. i cannot really be sure... still here stays this info as well.

I am deeply sorry for my late reply.. been very busy during this weekend. I think I used that boot.img from ur link.. taken out the boot.img from the 250 update and fastboot it.. doesn't work with u?? really strange.... can u install shootme? or using titanium backup?

Guest joanorsky
I am deeply sorry for my late reply.. been very busy during this weekend. I think I used that boot.img from ur link.. taken out the boot.img from the 250 update and fastboot it.. doesn't work with u?? really strange.... can u install shootme? or using titanium backup?

Hi.. thanks for replying.. :rolleyes:

(Hope Hectic doesn't bother that we're taking his post for root issues... but since he is having problems on this as well.. i guess that there is no problem..)

Well initially the phone's boot becomes damaged because of the superboot's boot.img not being the same as for this model. Then.. the phone comes in looping at booting... and in order to repair it.. i did used the "update-U8230V100R001C00B250-rooted-signed.zip" boot.img file... but it just doesn't roots the phone.

At this point i am completely lost..

Guest lilim_ac
I had no success in do a nandroid backup. But i have the original boot.img that i extract from the UPDATA.APP file.

Here is the link to my boot.img

Where can i find that boot.img?

thanks bro loljpgp.. just known that my operator blocked download from enterupload. hahaha.. I have to look for hotspot then..

Guest lilim_ac
Hi.. thanks for replying.. :rolleyes:

(Hope Hectic doesn't bother that we're taking his post for root issues... but since he is having problems on this as well.. i guess that there is no problem..)

Well initially the phone's boot becomes damaged because of the superboot's boot.img not being the same as for this model. Then.. the phone comes in looping at booting... and in order to repair it.. i did used the "update-U8230V100R001C00B250-rooted-signed.zip" boot.img file... but it just doesn't roots the phone.

At this point i am completely lost..

wow.. kinda strange.. did you manage to install shootme and or using titanium backup or using root explorer and gain root access? yeah just curious whether u just missed the superuser icon or what.. hehehe.. because that boot.img works like a charm for me.. :D

Guest loljpgp
wow.. kinda strange.. did you manage to install shootme and or using titanium backup or using root explorer and gain root access? yeah just curious whether u just missed the superuser icon or what.. hehehe.. because that boot.img works like a charm for me.. :rolleyes:

Maybe we have to install an older version like U8230_V100R001C100B214, and then try pulse-superboot or other rooted boot.img.

Guest lilim_ac
Maybe we have to install an older version like U8230_V100R001C100B214, and then try pulse-superboot or other rooted boot.img.

your firmware now is 250? I got no idea about downgrade like that.. do u think it is worthy?

Guest lilim_ac

your firmware now is 250? I got no idea about downgrade like that.. do u think it is worthy?

Guest lilim_ac

your firmware now is 250? I got no idea about downgrade like that..

Guest loljpgp
your firmware now is 250?

No, is 265.

I got no idea about downgrade like that.. do u think it is worthy?

Maybe.

Which firmware version your phone had, when you rooted him?